Author Topic: FSDT releases Switzerland Mesh for MSFS 2020  (Read 23198 times)

Gregorlakis11

Re: FSDT releases Switzerland Mesh for MSFS 2020
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2021, 05:54:43 pm »
As mentioned before my MSFS is running perfectly with the actual settings and I am hesitant to make any changes. It will very much appreciated if you could explain to me why the “GEFORCE Experience “ is bad and what is an MSFS preset.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2021, 11:50:52 pm »
It will very much appreciated if you could explain to me why the “GEFORCE Experience “ is bad and

The GeForce Experience optimization for MSFS seems to be focused only on fps, so they in fact lower some graphical settings for no reason, resulting in bad image quality, while they completely ignore other that are not strictly related to the GPU.

While this might work on some games, a program as complex as MSFS is really more about finding balance between things that are hard on the GPU, things that are hard on the CPU and things that require some *balance* in the way the two work together.

what is an MSFS preset.

the general preset setting, like "high end", "medium", "ultra", etc. They are reasonable starting point.

Alex911747

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2021, 12:21:17 am »
The terms “ dramatic” and “severe” are not exaggerated! During the stuttering, which occurs every few seconds, the MSI Afterburner displays the following:

Nobody ever reported something that bad. However, as I already replied to you by email, we created a license for the FSDT version of the installer, so you can try the 20 m version.

The MSFS is “GEFORCE Experience” optimized and runs outside Switzerlands perfectly with 30 FPS.

Don't use GeForce Experience to optimize MSFS, it use settings which are very bad. Try to use a preset in MSFS, and don't let GeForce experience touch it

Hello,

I also have the same problems with Switzerland mesh.

I run MSFS in Ultra graphic preset, and usually get 30-35 fps.
With the mesh, it goes down to 5 fps every 15-20 seconds, and even freezes the game for 5-10 seconds every 30 seconds...
I had to uninstall it, and everything is back to normal with 30-35 fps...

Even though I already contacted support to get access to the 20m mesh version which I have not tested yet, I wanted to let you know that it seems that the performance drops and stutters reported above are not an isolated case...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 08:40:58 am by Alex911747 »
CPU Intel Core i7 8700K @ 3.70Ghz | RAM 32Gb DDR4 | GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 8Go | OS Windows 10 64-bit | HOTAS TM Warthog

Gregorlakis11

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2021, 01:46:41 pm »
Please bear in mind that my frame rate is limited to 30 FPS and this is the optimum frame rate for MSFS!
However, to make long short the 20 m version is running satisfactorily smoother. My suggestion is to adapt your sales description and point out the performance impact of the 10 m version or to define the minimum hardware requirements!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2021, 10:42:14 am »
My suggestion is to adapt your sales description and point out the performance impact of the 10 m version or to define the minimum hardware requirements!!!

There's no point doing that because, all customers buying from our site ( and on Simmarket too ), will get two download links, so they can simply use the installer more suited to their specs and preference.

Also, it's impossible to specify some hardware requirements, because we can't obviously know what the user settings are how many other add-ons are installed, that's precisely why we made two versions.

The problem is only the MS Marketplace that doesn't allow offering to *alternate* version of the same product.

FerrevmVnion

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2021, 11:15:36 am »
Hi,
i also got stuttering/freezing while Switzerland Mesh is active in the sim (and flying around the covered area)

PC Spec
i5-10600KF | 32 GB DDR4 RAM | GTX 1080 8GB

MSFS is running pretty smooth no FPS issues... and me main problem with the switzerland mesh is not getting low fps; its the freezing of the game for several seconds (sometimes CTD) ... freezing occurs most when "looking" around in the cockpit, but more often on external view & moving around -
I just checked the GPU Memory Load

Ben79

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2021, 03:27:53 pm »
Hello
I bought the Switzerland Mesh from Simmarket
and everything works fine, except maybe the 10m mesh
which often makes micro cuts, but the 20m is going very well.
I also bought the mesh on the MSFS store and there it is the disaster
impossible to fly loading times before arriving on the track are very long and on the track very long stops
impossible to fly.
For your information I had the same problem with the scene
4 Season Pack - V5 Released - Multi Season Spring / Fall released on MarketPlace downloaded from MSFS store.

From Microsoft Support today regarding Spring N, Fall S .:

“New version without encryption will be released today to fix performance.”

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2021, 03:30:53 pm »
i also got stuttering/freezing while Switzerland Mesh is active in the sim (and flying around the covered area)

Have you read the previous posts ? The 20 m version surely peform better but you don't say which version you tried or where you bought it from because:

- if you bought it from the FSDT or Simmarket, you can just uninstall and try the 20 version which was included in your download.

- if you bought it from the MS Marketplace, as already explained in previous posts in this thread, you must contact support BY EMAIL, with a proof of purchase, so we can issue a free license on the FSDT website, which will let you access the alternative 20 m version.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2021, 03:38:17 pm »
and everything works fine, except maybe the 10m mesh
which often makes micro cuts, but the 20m is going very well.

Yes, of course the 20 m version works better, but the 10 m still works reasonably well and in fact, according to your report, it's doing only micro stutters, that's normal. That's why we have a 20 m version to choose from.

I also bought the mesh on the MSFS store and there it is the disaster

Please clarify: you bought the same scenery twice, on Simmarket AND on the MS Store ? No wonder it's a "disaster": it's possible you know have TWO mesh installed at the same time, the one from the MS Marketplace and the one from Simmarket.

The issue is, all products bought from the MS Marketplace always install in the "Official" folder, while products bought elsewhere installs in the "Community" folder so, if you bought a product twice, it's possible to get two versions installed at the same time.

If this is the case, remove the MS Marketplace version using the Content Manager, and leave only the version in the community folder, which you can choose between 20 m and 10 m.

Of course, even when using the FSDT/Simmarket installer, be sure you don't install the 10 m and the 20 m versions at the same time. If you switch from a version to another, you MUST Uninstall the one you don't use. Don't worry about activation, you can uninstall/reinstall an unlimited number of times on the same system, the only time you need to reactivate, if if you change major hardware components or reinstall Windows.

Ben79

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2021, 08:33:35 am »
Hello
yes I bought the same set twice, on Simmarket AND on the MS Store.
I like having it all in one place.
Of course I delete one version each time before installing another.
To be sure I completely deleted MSFS from my computer (for info I have the Steam version) and even deleted Steam and then I redo the whole installation with the empty community folder, launched MSFS and installed the MS mesh Marketplace.
Still the same problem not possible to fly, just a few images every 30sec or so.
For me it's okay I have the version of Simmarket which works great.
I just wanted to let you know about the issue with the MS Marketplace version.

Good flight everyone

Sorry I don't speak English, google translation

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2021, 01:47:08 pm »
For me it's okay I have the version of Simmarket which works great.
I just wanted to let you know about the issue with the MS Marketplace version.

It wasn't very clear from your first message, it seemed you had problem with the 20 m version too. It seems you don't so, the only issue your system simply cannot handle the 10 m version, which is the only one available on the MS Marketplace.

I would like to find a way to let MS Marketplace user easier access to the 20 m version but, the MS Marketplace simply doesn't support that, the only alternative would be releasing it as a separate product but even in that case, the MS Marketplace doesn't allow us to give it for free to users of the 10 m version ( which might have been a solution )

The solution we are using now, is to manually generate a new order on our site, for free, to everybody that contacts us with some proof of purchase of their order, so they can have access to both installers.

Gdnross

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2021, 09:47:31 am »
Hi
I just purchased this mesh on MSFS Marketplace and joined this forum to find out if others were experiencing the same unplayable stuttering.
It appears that it is a common problem
What is the plan ?
Are FSDT or MSFS going to rectify it ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2021, 01:37:40 pm »
What is the plan ? Are FSDT or MSFS going to rectify it ?

Haven't even read my last post, the one just before yours ? I think it should be abundantly clear what "the plan" is, and what you are supposed to do. Re-read my last post again, especially this line:

The solution we are using now, is to manually generate a new order on our site, for free, to everybody that contacts us with some proof of purchase of their order, so they can have access to both installers.

Gdnross

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2021, 09:32:48 am »
That solution too much hassle for me.
Should never have been released on MSFS Marketplace if it doesn’t work.
I’ll first try to get a refund before trying your “solution”.

Gdnross

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2021, 09:45:28 am »
Can’t get a refund and I have emailed receipt to you for your proposed version, thanks