Author Topic: GSX regenerating airport cache every start [FSX-SE]  (Read 1330 times)

tos123

GSX regenerating airport cache every start [FSX-SE]
« on: January 20, 2022, 04:17:18 pm »
Hello

My GSX is regenerating airport cache every time I start FSX SE.
It started to happen after the update and it's a bit annoying to wait up to 5 minutes to finish the airport cache.

I saw the last update released it should stop doing that but for me it keeps doing it, even if I don't change scenery library.

One thing calling my attention in couatl.log is this : "Airport cache not valid: scenery.cfg has changed since last time" even tough I'm not changing anything, it keeps saying that. It happens in every airport in any aircraft.

please help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX regenerating airport cache every start [FSX-SE]
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 09:46:05 am »
I'm sorry but, I can only confirm that, with the December update, the cache is no longer intentionally recreated at each start, but only if anything in the Scenery Library changes.

It's possible the problem is caused by your antivirus, which has blocked the last update to be fully installed. This would explain the 5 minutes cache regeneration, which is unheard of ( takes no more than 5-6 seconds here ), which is caused by the antivirus scanning each and every .BGL in your system, just because GSX is accessing the files.

Configure the antivirus to add the following folders to the antivirus Exclusions:

- The main Addon Manager folder ( where you installed GSX, by default C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon manager

- The FSX own folder. I personally exclude the entire Steam Library, all your games will load faster and better this way.

- Every other folder that is not inside FSX that contains 3rd party sceneries.

After you do that, run the FSDT Live Update again, to be sure you get the latest update in full. The cache WILL be regenerated after the update ( this is normal, after an updated ), but shouldn't after subsequent startups, unless something in the Scenery Library REALLY changed.

tos123

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 06:01:00 am »
Hello, thank you for the answer.

I don't really have a antivirus on my sim PC because I only use it for the sim and I found out it's easier to not have it because of this kind of conflicts.

I already checked firewall and everything looks good there.

Any other hint?

What I'm trying now is running the Couatl_Updater inside the Addon Manager folder, instead of Couatl_Updater2 since I do not have the GSX level 2. I don't know if it's correct but I'm giving it a try.

And just a remark, it was not like this before. It was only regenerating cache if I change the scenery library. But after I decided to update it's now doing that..

tos123

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 06:34:26 am »
Looks like it was much simpler than I thought.  ::)

Running the couatl_updater instead of couatl_updater2 seems to solve the problem and now I have "airport cache loaded successfully " on my couatl.log

Thanks =)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 01:55:17 pm »
Running the couatl_updater instead of couatl_updater2 seems to solve the problem and now I have "airport cache loaded successfully " on my couatl.log

The reason why we put an icon on the Desktop pointing to the Couatl_updater.exe, is precisely so you won't have to wonder which one of the two executables you need to run. The correct one is Couatl_updater.exe, if you run the Couatl_updater2.exe you will be prevented from getting the latest version of the *updater* itself, and also not getting the latest Addon Manager .dll, which is the one that always cleared the cache at each in previous versions.