Author Topic: Zurich V2 for MSFS 2020 released  (Read 22049 times)

waltch

Re: Zurich V2 for MSFS 2020 released
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2020, 01:01:07 pm »
you mentioned in the release not on Nov 15: "will be available on the MS Marketplace in the next days"

Cannot find LSZH in the Marketplace tab in MSFS till now, LFSB of fsdreamteam is there okay. Any idea when LSZH will be available too?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2020, 01:57:00 pm »
Cannot find LSZH in the Marketplace tab in MSFS till now, LFSB of fsdreamteam is there okay. Any idea when LSZH will be available too?

We sent the files to Microsoft Nov. 18th, after we released an update with the Circle center, the more detailed observation decks and several other fixes, so users buying from the Marketplace would already get the updated version.

It usually takes a week or so for Microsoft to approve a product, but there has been Thanksgiving in between and the US Update too, so I guess it shouldn't be much longer now.

Hor1463

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2020, 01:48:50 pm »
Hi, I bought the LSZH Sceners amd wondering a bit, that there are no cars and Trucks on the Apron. I have a P3D Version and there is a lot more real action on the apron.
Roland

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2020, 10:16:53 am »
We haven't placed many *static* vehicles on the airport, because they would likely conflict with the new MSFS ground traffic system, which creates those vehicles automatically, depending on many conditions like the ground vehicle traffic density, the AI density settings, the time of the day, etc.

I'm sure if you have enough AI and the ground vehicles density is not too low, you should see enough ground vehicles moving around.

phantomflyer

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2022, 10:02:19 am »
I have  problem with this product - it will not over-write the MS version of LSZH - hence, there are 2 airports overlapping. If I uninstall the MSFS version, I keep getting nagged to install its LSZH. It's driving me insane. Can you not program the strore version to uver-write the MS version so this stops?

Many thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2022, 06:04:24 pm »
I have  problem with this product - it will not over-write the MS version of LSZH - hence, there are 2 airports overlapping.

That's not a problem of this product, of course, the problem is the default LSZH can't be overwritten so simply, because the way it's made, you MUST remove it.

If I uninstall the MSFS version, I keep getting nagged to install its LSZH.

That's only because you are not uninstalling it, you are probably just removing its folder, which is the wrong way to uninstall a default package. If you uninstall it correctly, from the Content Manager, it will save your preference and it won't ask you to download it again on the next start.

phantomflyer

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2022, 01:34:08 am »
I used the content manager to get rid of it - there is no way to "uninstall" it this way that I can find whatsoever - if there is please enlighten me!

phantomflyer

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2022, 01:40:57 am »
I used this info from this forum - it will not go away! I never went into the core and removed official content!

After the release of Sim Update 7 (GOTY edition) if you own FSDT Zurich, you should delete the Microsoft Zurich from the Content Manager to prevent conflicts with FSDT Zurich. It must be deleted from the Content Manager, with the Delete button there.

If you use any other method, like manually removing its folder, you'll be presented with a mandatory option to redownload it on the next restart so, you must remove it from the Content Manager.

This if you are on PC.

phantomflyer

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2022, 01:55:08 am »
I reiterate- there is a delete button but it does not delete the ms version. It removes it (see my screenshot that says "not installed" - that is not the same as "deleted" as far as I'm concerned)but MS still wants to install in perpetuity.

Why is it that other developers that make airports that MS have that are bought through the ms store overwrite the default but not yours? It's a paradox - unless you can answer the question.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2022, 10:34:13 am »
I reiterate- there is a delete button but it does not delete the ms version. It removes it (see my screenshot that says "not installed" - that is not the same as "deleted" as far as I'm concerned)but MS still wants to install in perpetuity.

I can only repeat and confirm that, if you uninstalled the Microsoft Zurich in the correct way, that is using the Delete button instead of manually removing the folder, you won't be asked to download it again on the next start. And yes, in both cases it will read as "not installed", like in your screenshot, the difference is that manually removing its folder will trigger a redownload, while removing it with the Delete button there will not.

Try to reinstall it and remove it again with the Delete button, then restart the sim. It shouldn't redownload it anymore.

Why is it that other developers that make airports that MS have that are bought through the ms store overwrite the default but not yours? It's a paradox - unless you can answer the question.

Well, of course there's always an explanation why things happens and, since there are no other developers that made a version of Zurich and managed to automatically exclude the Microsoft version, your reference to those doesn't make much sense.

The reason is NOT that we are somewhat unable to do a proper exclusion, is that the MS Zurich is made unlike ANY other MS handcrafted airports, for two reasons:

1) It's not part of a World Update, so it's not an optional download, but has been flagged to belong to the standard MSFS package. This is what triggers an automatic redownload if you remove it manually, because the sim assumes it has been deleted accidentally and it cannot run without it, that's why you MUST remove it from the Content Manager, not manually.

2) Unlike any other MS handcrafted airport, its ground textures are made using what is called a "Projected Mesh", which is usually only used by 3rd party developers that need a way to port existing ground markings from FSX/P3D without having to remade them from scratch. No other default airport is made like that. And, until very recently, it was IMPOSSIBLE to Exclude a Projected Mesh from the SDK, this ability has been added only with SU10.

And of course, that's EXACTLY what our latest update for LSZH contains: an explicit command to Exclude any Projected Mesh from any airport getting a lower priority, something that was impossible to do before SU10.

Now, whether this command is working or not, it depends by several things like:

- The new command might have bugs.

- The MS LSZH airport might still getting an higher priority, this is very likely if you bought FSDT LSZH on the Marketplace, since when both sceneries are in the Official folder, lacking any other criteria, the alphabetical order matters so, since microsoft is later in the alphabet than fsdreamteam, the Microsoft version will be loaded last, so our Exclusions won't work, because Exclusions exclude only sceneries with LOWER priority. If this is the case, you might be able to fix it using the new scenery priority arranger, in the Experimental section of the sim.

However, it's way better and easier to just remove the MS version altogether, because even if managed to have the Exclusion working entirely, the simulator will still have to load both airports, and then Exclude one so, it's still a waste processing resources AND disk space.

phantomflyer

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2022, 02:36:57 am »
Wow - thank you for breaking the "paradox" and explaining why LSZH can't simply be over-written. I re-installed and then used delete, exited sim, re-booted pc (why not?) and the problem solved. No more nags. Thank you!!