Author Topic: Live Update changed sceneries to Trial Mode  (Read 1863 times)

Claude

Live Update changed sceneries to Trial Mode
« on: September 25, 2020, 08:18:56 am »
I am running P3Dv4.5 and Windows 10 Pro (2004). I have not installed P3Dv5.

Today I installed the Sept 23, 2020 64 bit Couatl Live Update.
For no apparent reason, six previously installed FSDT sceneries are now in Trial Mode.
They are CYVR, KJFK V2, KLAX V2, KMEM, LSZH, AND PHNL.

The VC++ 2008 runtimes are installed, the entire FSDT Directory is excluded from the antivirus program and I reinstalled Live Update. I also tried switching to the 32 bit couatl, but nothing changed.

Must I now re-register these six sceneries?

Previously installed and still active are KSDF, KORD V2, KDFW, and PHOG/PHKO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Live Update changed sceneries to Trial Mode
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 11:11:28 am »
Are you keys old Esellerate keys ? If yes, since there's no 64 bit version of Esellerate ( and Esellerate closed a year ago ), the 64 bit version only work on the new Soraco QLM system.

NORMALLY, when the firewall is not blocking the connection, an old Esellerate key CAN be activated on the new QLM server, because we uploaded all the old keys to it but, if your firewall is blocking Couatl.exe, the QLM License Wizard will appear ( it normally doesn't ), and the QLM wizard doesn't know about Esellerate numbers, so it will tell you they are "invalid", since it does a rough syntax check before even trying to see if they can be found on the server.

This means you either:

- Configure the firewall to stop blocking Couatl.exe, so the License Wizard won't appear and the activation will be done normally

OR

- Get the NEW QLM key that has been associated to your old Esellerate key, as explained on the FAQ page of our site:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/faq.html

The QLM site will email you the new QLM keys ( they all starts with an A ), and those will be accepted by the license wizard, which can either find them online, or do an offline activation, if your firewall is blocking the License wizard too.

Claude

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 07:44:50 pm »
Thanks for your reply and I have successfully reactivated the six sceneries.

As suggested, I did get the new QLM keys for all my FSDT scenery, since they were originally installed in P3D with the old Esellerate keys in Feb 2019.

Also, I checked, and  my computer's firewall is not blocking Couatl.exe, couatl64_P3D.exe, or the QLMLicenseWizard.

Edit update: Just read the thread "Airports missing after update" and remembered something I did when attempting the reactivations. If I used the new QLM key, the QLM LicenseWizard appeared and the activation would not continue. So, assuming I had nothing to lose, I closed and reopened P3D, opened the Addon Manager, and entered the old eSellerate key (beginning with "FSDT"), and clicked "OK". To my great surprise, the scenery was activated. I later checked the *.reg file created in C:\Users and it contained the new QLM key.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 08:09:22 pm by Claude »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 04:01:21 am »
If I used the new QLM key, the QLM LicenseWizard appeared and the activation would not continue.

Would not continue is not very clear. It should say something when you press Activate, either success, or some kind of error.

So, assuming I had nothing to lose, I closed and reopened P3D, opened the Addon Manager, and entered the old eSellerate key (beginning with "FSDT"), and clicked "OK". To my great surprise, the scenery was activated.

Of course it has. As explained in many other threads ( in fact, as explained since last year when Esellerate closed ), when your antivirus or firewall is NOT interfering, you can JUST use the Addon Manager with EITHER an Esellerate key or a QLM key because we uploaded ALL the old keys to the new server so, when everything goes normally, you can activate with both keys.

I later checked the *.reg file created in C:\Users and it contained the new QLM key.

That's normal too because, since QLM works best with the QLM keys, since you can use the License Wizard even if the firewall is blocking it ( but then you *must* use a QLM key, since the License Wizard cannot accept an old Esellerate key without contacting the server ), is best to always use the QLM key so, when an activation with Esellerate key is obtained, the new QLM key that has been associated to your Esellerate key will be returned, and we save *this* one to the .REG key.