Author Topic: GSX Crash on P3DV5 **SOLVED**  (Read 29433 times)

RVxSpeed

Re: GSX Crash on P3DV5
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2020, 04:41:44 pm »
You see Umberto people are having issues with GSX. I am not the only one. So i stand with my statement. GSX is not fully compatible with P3DV5 using other addons. I sincerely hope as this is a paid product you will be kind enough to fix compatibility issue. If you want to run diagnose on my PC using remote tool. You are most welcome. But please for once fix this issue. We have come far a lot since P3DV5 is superior in performance gain. Don't want to stuck myself for having a not compatible ground service product.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 12:13:12 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2020, 10:20:48 pm »
If you can't fix your product do not blame others.

Nobody has obviously blamed "others". I'm only saying the audio problem you have is NOT caused by GSX.

I already reported this & let me be clear with you this time  THE SOUND ISSUE ONLY OCCURS IF I RUN GSX SERVICE.

That doesn't mean it's caused by GSX, it's a problem with GSX, or it's something we could fix in GSX.

GSX is NOT changing the audio volume by itself. Something else is doing it and, of course, it's not normal that, just changing the volume would cause the simulator to crash.

Your statement "When we have a problem in GSX, we ALWAYS FIX IT" is not true is a complete lie.

It's the undeniable truth, proved by years of constant updates and fixes WHEN the problem is GSX.

This is just based on the user that i got to interact in social media.

Social media is full of flat-earthers and people that don't believe we went on the moon either so, I wouldn't use those them as examples of reliability.

People have real lives to live. They don't have an eternetly coming into this forum knowing that support team doesn't even recongnize a problem as a problem.

So, are you trying to say that, instead of coming on the ONLY place it would make sense to report a problem "because they have a life", they instead post on "social media", because their "life" is there ?

I know you don't like the cold hard fact that, other than you, NOBODY HAS EVER REPORTED THAT KIND OF CRASH HERE, which doesn't play well with your fixation that GSX is the cause if your crash, because if it was, we would be obviously FLOODED by similar reports here.

So, instead of accepting that evidence the problem must be in something with your setup, you are trying to say people discuss it on "social media" instead...

Going back to sound, there is a KNOWN issue which ( of course ) is NOT caused by GSX, and results in sound being lowered/raised when the simulator windows goes in and out of focus, which is what you did in your video, see the discussion here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/547541-prepar3d-v44-lowering-the-sound-from-background-apps/

As you can see in the thread, that's not a problem caused by GSX, of course. It's Windows *itself* that lowers/raise the volume and, you are ( again ) misled it's "happens with GSX only", just because GSX it's just another background app that results in its sound volume being changed BY WINDOWS when switching the in-focus window.

Normally, on a system that doesn't have any problems, the only think that happens is the volume changes so, what you really should ask yourself is:

WHY, when Windows acts by itself on the volume, what normally results in just the sound volume being lowered/raised, something that as you can see on the Avsim thread happens to everybody with NO crashes, on YOUR system it crashes the sim ?

That thread suggest a solution to prevent windows doing that so, maybe, if your audio card drivers don't respond well to that ( audio drivers CAN crash the sim, GSX CANNOT ), disabling that option might fix the problem for you.

micstatic

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2020, 11:49:19 pm »
Hey Umberto.  Looks like from PG2 tangjuice and myself have the same issue which looks different than the OP's.  Should we start a new thread?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2020, 12:18:15 am »
So i stand with my statement. GSX is not fully compatible with P3DV5 using other addons

You are now changing your version, since you are probably starting to realize the problem is not caused by GSX, but an issue with your audio, so you are not adding "with other add-on".

By your reasoning, one can just as well said "That OTHER add-on is not compatible with P3D V5, using GSX". Assuming it's another add-on, which I'm not really sure, I only sure it cannot be GSX, because GSX cannot make the sim crash.

But please for once fix this issue.

Since the issue is NOT caused by GSX, because GSX cannot make the sim crash, it's nothing we can fix. But yes, if you want to have a remote session, that's perfectly fine, since I might be able to find what is the real cause of the problem. PM if interested.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2020, 12:23:41 am »
Hey Umberto.  Looks like from PG2 tangjuice and myself have the same issue which looks different than the OP's.  Should we start a new thread?

Yes, since  this thread was clearly related to an issue with audio.

tangjuice81

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2020, 03:24:27 am »
Per the suggestion of a user on P3D v5 forums the visual studios C++ fixed my issues. I don't know if this will work for everyone but it's worth a try. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads.

RVxSpeed

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2020, 01:39:24 pm »
So, Umberto i did send you a PM. You didn't respond. So are you afraid on solving an issue caused by a product that you have released & made the comment "Compatible with V5"?

oogmastaa

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2020, 10:10:51 pm »
Per the suggestion of a user on P3D v5 forums the visual studios C++ fixed my issues. I don't know if this will work for everyone but it's worth a try. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads.

Worked perfectly. I had the same issue with P3Dv5 crashing when attempting a pushback with GSX. I installed as many versions of visual C++ (x64) as i could. I also unchecked ECAM rendering in the configurator and the problem went away. Thanks for actually getting to the issue instead of arguing with the customers about the cause*cough* *cough*
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 06:08:44 pm by oogmastaa »

RVxSpeed

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2020, 10:28:03 am »
Hello, Is anyone home? I am a paid customer. Requesting support. Getting crash while pushing back from VGHS. Without GSX no crash.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2020, 12:53:38 pm »
Thanks for actually getting to the issue instead of arguing with the customers about the cause*cough* *cough*

Not sure what you are trying to say here. Your report proved, once again, the crash didn't had anything to do with GSX.

airbadger

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2020, 01:53:53 pm »
This is my absolute favorite bug right now.

FSDT doesn't know why this is happening.

LM doesn't respond on the forums.

Users are f***ed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2020, 02:00:50 pm »
This is my absolute favorite bug right now.

I'm not sure what bug you are referring to. The OP posted a video trying to "prove" GSX caused a crash, because he saw GSX objects disappearing, so he assumed GSX "caused" a crash when it removed its objects.

Instead, what really happened in that video was:

- He switched to another program

- When he came back to the sim, the default Windows audio volume icon came up, as if Windows was adjusting the volume when returning back to the sim.

- This caused a sound stuttering, which MADE the simulator crash.

- The simulator crash automatically resulted in GSX objects being removed, because GSX was abruptly disconnected from the sim and when a client disconnects, the object created by it will be automatically removed BY THE SIM, but this mislead the OP thinking "it was GSX", because he saw the GSX objects disappearing, and assumed the crash was caused by GSX, when the real reason was Windows adjusting the volume level, and this making the sim crash for some reason.

There are several threads about Windows doing this when switching back and forth between apps, but it doesn't NORMALLY cause a crash, it's only annoying because the volume keeps changing. This is the first time I see a crash caused by this but, again, it cannot possibly be GSX, it's just the fact Windows is acting on the volume.

This "feature" can be DISABLED, of course so, maybe, it might fix the crash too.

airbadger

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2020, 02:11:06 pm »
Sorry, I had a moment of frustration and only glossed over the thread...I'm continuing to experience the VCRUNTIME140.dll CTD with GSX when I open the control window.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 02:12:02 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2020, 02:13:43 pm »
Sorry, I had a moment of frustration and only glossed over the thread...I'm continuing to experience the VCRUNTIME140.dll CTD with GSX when I open the control window.

So, your problem doesn't have anything to do with this thread and the video posted about the sound issue. It's surely related to a problem or a conflict in your VC++ runtimes libraries, which might be fixed by uninstalling them and reinstalling them, as you can read in tangjuice81 post.

airbadger

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2020, 02:27:09 pm »

So, your problem doesn't have anything to do with this thread and the video posted about the sound issue. It's surely related to a problem or a conflict in your VC++ runtimes libraries, which might be fixed by uninstalling them and reinstalling them, as you can read in tangjuice81 post.

I guess I'll try uninstalling/reinstalling, though I've already done the repair option. I'm just confused because it ONLY happens in V5. Never had this problem with V4.