Author Topic: GSX Crash on P3DV5 **SOLVED**  (Read 29530 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Crash on P3DV5
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2020, 02:32:59 pm »
I guess I'll try uninstalling/reinstalling, though I've already done the repair option. I'm just confused because it ONLY happens in V5. Never had this problem with V4.

The don't use the same version of the runtimes. P3D V4 uses the 2017, while V5 uses the 2019. Note that, today the VC installer is called "universal CRT", which covers 2015, 2017 and 2019 versions in a single redistributable.

RVxSpeed

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2020, 07:53:49 pm »
Are you going to actually solve the issue that is being asked in this thread from the beginning?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2020, 11:15:05 am »
Are you going to actually solve the issue that is being asked in this thread from the beginning?

As I've, several times already, the last video you posted clearly proved the problem wasn't caused by GSX.

What caused your sim to crash was the audio driver when you switched back and forth from the sim to the external flight planner. This caused the Windows audio volume to change, which caused the audio to stutter and MADE the sim crash ( because GSX CANNOT crash the sim, while your audio drivers CAN ) and, of course, when the sim crash, GSX will lose connection to it, so all its objects will be removed, and this mislead you thinking it was GSX crashing while it was removing objects.

As I've said, the feature to automatically change the volume when switching between apps CAN be disabled in the Windows audio settings so, perhaps, if you try that, this might prevent the audio drivers to crash the sim.

And please, stop saying "it doesn't happen without GSX", because that's not an indication the problem is caused by GSX or we can or should fix it. For several reasons:

- The first one, because in the "not crash without GSX" video, you didn't do the same switching between the flight planner and the sim

- The second reason is, even if you could switch from another app back to the sim with no audio crashes without GSX, that still doens't mean GSX is the cause. The feature ( which can be disabled ) that allows Windows to change the volume when jumping between apps, will do that for all the loaded executables, and that includes GSX own Couatl.exe program so, Windows is probably trying to change the volume of Couatl.exe itself and, BECAUSE there's some kind of bug in your audio driver, possibly related to OpenAL support, it's POSSIBLE your audio driver cause a crash only when trying to change the GSX volume. Again, it's a fault of your audio driver, we don't have any control over it if your audio drivers crashes the sim when Windows tell it to change volume.

Many users reported the change on audio made by Windows to GSX, but ONLY as a minor annoyance in that the GSX sounds go down in volume, so they usually disable that feature, but nobody ever reported a crash because of this, you are the only one that had a crash caused by the audio volume going Up/Down automatically by Windows, which seems to suggest you must have some kind of issue that affects audio, like 3rd party audio card utilities, bad audio drivers, bad OpenAL support in your audio drivers, something like that. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 11:24:30 am by virtuali »

RVxSpeed

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2020, 11:35:33 am »
The audio up/down is done by me. Not by windows. I have a z5500(search google) sound system which always stays at max sound output. I use my keyboard volume button to increase/decrease volume. That might give you the expression of windows is changing volume automatically.

I am telling you once again please use a descent tone while talking to a customer. Specially paid one. You have created a software which i bought from online store. You are suppose to provide support for it. I already have multiple proof of vidoes shows that shows running GSX causing the sim to crash. Instead of arguing with me i insist you come & provide a remote session in resolving this issue or test in your workstation to see if there is any actual issue with the product.

Also i was doing a complete fresh re install of GSX. Doing so the following error came up. I selected ignore in order to continue the installation. I am going to ask you to provide an explanation for this error(since the error is completely visible & it's happening while installing GSX so you can't blame any addons or simulator for it).

Finally if you can't provide support & be an ignorant developer please mention it in your product "No support will be provided" or simply mention "P3DV5 not fully compatible with GSX".
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 11:39:28 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2020, 11:53:18 am »
The audio up/down is done by me. Not by windows. I have a z5500(search google) sound system which always stays at max sound output. I use my keyboard volume button to increase/decrease volume. That might give you the expression of windows is changing volume automatically.

So, you changed the audio manually, your video shows that as soon as you do that, the audio stutters, caused the sim to crash and how this can possibly be "caused" by GSX ?

Regardless if Windows or you change the audio, if that might cause a crash to the sim, it's still not GSX's fault. Could you please try the same procedure without touching the audio ?

I am telling you once again please use a descent tone while talking to a customer

I'm not sure what you are trying to tell here. We are not "talking", I'm writing, and I'm providing you with totally accurate information based on your report. There's no "tone" involved here and I can't see anything in my totally techincally and entirely neutral sentences that could be mistaken as a "tone".

You have created a software which i bought from online store.

Which comes with a Trial version, which can be used for an unlimited number of time on some airports, and the whole point of offering a Trial version, is precisely to make you absolutely sure it works on YOUR system, before purchasing it.

You are suppose to provide support for it.

Which I'm keep doing, by spending my time always replying to you, trying to make you understand what's your real issue might be. Because, if you keep fixating about GSX being the problem, you'll never find out what really is.

I already have multiple proof of vidoes shows that shows running GSX causing the sim to crash.

No, you posted multiple videos of what YOU think is proof GSX is "causing" the crash, when in fact it's not. Your statement about assuming GSX "must" be the cause, because you thought GSX was removing its objects is the most clear proof of what is misleading you. GSX is NOT supposed to remove anything at the stage. The objects were removed by the simulator itself, because moments before its crash, CAUSED by something related to audio, it lost connection to GSX and when a Simconnect client disconnects, the simulator will automatically remove all the objects created by it.

Instead of arguing with me i insist you come & provide a remote session in resolving this issue or test in your workstation to see if there is any actual issue with the product.

I was trying to suggest looking into audio first, before doing that, so you could fix the problem yourself.

Also i was doing a complete fresh re install of GSX. Doing so the following error came up. I selected ignore in order to continue the installation. I am going to ask you to provide an explanation for this error(since the error is completely visible & it's happening while installing GSX so you can't blame any addons or simulator for it).

Of course I can provide an explanation of that error and, of course, it doesn't have anything to do with your problem. It's a known issue that sometimes, due to various permission difference across systems, the GSX installer is prevented from installing a font that is already installed. But precisely for the reason the font is already installed, you can safely ignore the error and continue.

Finally if you can't provide support & be an ignorant developer please mention it in your product "No support will be provided" or simply mention "P3DV5 not fully compatible with GSX".

Since GSX is perfectly compatible with P3D V5, and everybody use it happily with it, you should ( again ) stop repeating this, and speaking about "tone", what about that "ignorant developer" of yours ? If you cannot write something without being offensive, you should even dare to mention "tone" in the first place. No, being "paying customer" doesn't give you the right to call me ignorant, or even imply I might be.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 11:59:25 am by virtuali »

RVxSpeed

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2020, 12:37:16 pm »

You have created a software which i bought from online store.

Which comes with a Trial version, which can be used for an unlimited number of time on some airports, and the whole point of offering a Trial version, is precisely to make you absolutely sure it works on YOUR system, before purchasing it.

The software was running fine in V4. There was no complaint about it. I never had any issue with it. But starting with V5 all of this CTD happening just after installing GSX.

No, you posted multiple videos of what YOU think is proof GSX is "causing" the crash, when in fact it's not. Your statement about assuming GSX "must" be the cause, because you thought GSX was removing its objects is the most clear proof of what is misleading you. GSX is NOT supposed to remove anything at the stage. The objects were removed by the simulator itself, because moments before its crash, CAUSED by something related to audio, it lost connection to GSX and when a Simconnect client disconnects, the simulator will automatically remove all the objects created by it.

It's not i think. It's already proven. Nobody should take my word for granted. I am still insisting if i run P3DV5 with all of the mother addons available for the sim. The sim will not crash. But if i run GSX. It will crash while performing various GSX activities like pushback,catering,boarding,deboarding.

Another thing it's a software. Not a god. Your product may cause an issue or conflict even if it's with 0.001% of the customer base that you have. Even if it's that minor it's still an GSX issue. Which is your concern. So saying that nobody else is having this same issue is not acceptable.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 12:40:26 pm by RVxSpeed »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2020, 12:56:30 pm »
The software was running fine in V4. There was no complaint about it. I never had any issue with it. But starting with V5 all of this CTD happening just after installing GSX.

But again, since nobody ever reported this problem with P3D V5, it's clear GSX works with P3D V5 with no issues. The ONLY thing that could POTENTIALLY crash the sim in V4, which was Render to Texture with DirectX 11, is completely disabled in V5 for the time being.

It's not i think. It's already proven. Nobody should take my word for granted. I am still insisting if i run P3DV5 with all of the mother addons available for the sim. The sim will not crash. But if i run GSX. It will crash while performing various GSX activities like pushback,catering,boarding,deboarding.

But if it really did, it would happen to everybody, not just you.

Another thing it's a software. Not a god. Your product may cause an issue or conflict even if it's with 0.001% of the customer base that you have. Even if it's that minor it's still an GSX issue. Which is your concern. So saying that nobody else is having this same issue is not acceptable.

None of the information you provided ever proved the problem is caused by GSX. Instead, I provided ample explanation why it's probably related to audio because, as I've said so many times already, a problem with an audio driver CAN crash the sim. GSX, by itself, CANNOT.

I am still insisting if i run P3DV5 with all of the mother addons available for the sim. The sim will not crash. But if i run GSX. It will crash

That doesn't prove anything and it's the wrong approach to the situation. If the problem is caused by a conflict with another add-on, which only happens if GSX is installed, that doesn't mean GSX is the cause, it only means there's a conflict with another add-on.

What you should have done, instead, is to install P3D V5 with NOTHING ELSE OTHER THAN GSX, and see if you still have the crash, and see if you stop the crash by disabling GSX. Then you would have a point, worth investigating.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 12:59:07 pm by virtuali »

RVxSpeed

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2020, 01:51:48 pm »
What you should have done, instead, is to install P3D V5 with NOTHING ELSE OTHER THAN GSX, and see if you still have the crash, and see if you stop the crash by disabling GSX. Then you would have a point, worth investigating.
So let me just hear you right. You want me to test in vanilla scenario for a product that was developed by you? Why would i or anyone else would do that. Shouldn't you be the one who is suppose to re test to see if everything else is ok. Let's say i am using PMDG 747 in every scenario. The crash only happens with using this aircraft. Then if i report it to PMDG they will say since their pushback(it's already proven that if i use PMDG default pushback the sim doesn't crash) system works fine it's not their concern why using GSX with PMDG causes the crash. Then what? You will just say that it's PMDG problem.

Instead of wasting hours of arguing can we please just move on to actually resolve the issue once & for all. I don't have the mindset nor the time to continue arguing with a dev for a product that clearly have issue.

Please do the testing using the following scenario.

Aircraft: PMDG 747
Airport: MFSG DHAKA(https://secure.simmarket.com/mfsg-hazrat-shahjalal-international-airport-vghs-2019-fsx-p3d-fs2004.phtml) it's V5 supported & i have updated files from the devs.
Weather Engine: Active Sky P3D Beta 5

Crash test scenario:
1. Sim Crash when pushback from various position.
2. Sim crash when deboarding.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2020, 04:06:09 pm »
So let me just hear you right. You want me to test in vanilla scenario for a product that was developed by you?

Obviously yes, and it's clearly a good suggestion. Why, exactly, the fact the addon was "developed by us" make it any less valid ?

Why would i or anyone else would do that.

For the obvious reason to understand if, since your problem was clearly audio-related, there's a chance of conflict caused by audio drivers, when another product use its own custom audio routines.

Shouldn't you be the one who is suppose to re test to see if everything else is ok.

Obviously not. We cannot test with the infinite variations of multiple add-ons out there.

Let's say i am using PMDG 747 in every scenario. The crash only happens with using this aircraft.

Is this the case ?

Then if i report it to PMDG they will say since their pushback(it's already proven that if i use PMDG default pushback the sim doesn't crash) system works fine it's not their concern why using GSX with PMDG causes the crash. Then what? You will just say that it's PMDG problem.

Wrong assumption.

I wouldn't say it's PMDG "fault", it might be a conflict which might very well be a bug in your audio drivers ( again, is happening TO YOU ONLY, don't you think lots of users use the PMDG 747 + GSX ? ) which happens only due the way they might handle custom audio. Not their fault, neither GSX's, if your audio drivers might have problem handling two different apps using audio at the same time.

Instead of wasting hours of arguing can we please just move on to actually resolve the issue once & for all. I don't have the mindset nor the time to continue arguing with a dev for a product that clearly have issue.

The problem is that GSX clear DOES NOT "have issue", surely not any that can cause the sim crash. You keep repeating this but, repeating something wrong doesn't make it right, regardless how many times you repeat it.

Please do the testing using the following scenario.[/quiote]

Aircraft: PMDG 747

Weather Engine: Active Sky P3D Beta 5

I won't do that, since I won't use anything that is clearly advertised as Beta. The best I can do, is to test GSX + the PMDG 747 at one of our airports, like KORD, just to use something that is very detailed.

RVxSpeed

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2020, 05:05:23 pm »
You keep saying sound sound sound. Here you go. Another video. This time the volume wasn't touched. Yet here you go with the crash. There was also not any external to internal & vice versa view change. If i repeat the same thing without GSX explain that why it won't crash?

Since you also decline to test to prove that there is a flaw in your product which i have clearly identified. I am also declining to do a vanilla test. You didn't mention anywhere in your product that it may or may not work with all other addons available in simulator. I don't understand one thing. Why it's so hard for you or anyone to understand a simple logic.

Every other addons installed running GSX service=Crash
Every other addons installed running without GSX service=No Crash

I don't think there is any necessary for anyone to test it in vanilla scenario. We in the sim community made a golden rule on troubleshooting. If we find out our sim crashing. We disable everything and re enable addons until we are able to reproduce the same scenario. It has been the golden rule in flight simulation for years in the community. So in this case rulling out GSX service results in a complete stable simulator. Since the product is supported & developed by you. You should be the one finding what's causing the issue & resolve it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 05:53:41 pm by virtuali »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2020, 05:54:32 pm »
Since you also decline to test to prove that there is a flaw in your product which i have clearly identified. I am also declining to do a vanilla test.
Don't think it was so much the testing itself he's refusing to do as much as it is testing with Active Sky P3D Beta since, as the name implies, it's still in beta, so it could just as easily be Active Sky Beta that's causing issues, which would make it a little difficult to rule anything out.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2020, 05:56:34 pm »
I don't think there is any necessary for anyone to test it in vanilla scenario.

That's exactly what you should do, instead.

We in the sim community made a golden rule on troubleshooting. If we find out our sim crashing. We disable everything and re enable addons until we are able to reproduce the same scenario. It has been the golden rule in flight simulation for years in the community. So in this case rulling out GSX service results in a complete stable simulator. Since the product is supported & developed by you. You should be the one finding what's causing the issue & resolve it.

Exactly: you just made my point, and managed to counterdict your previous sentence.

- You first said "I don't think there is any necessary for anyone to test it in vanilla scenario"

- Then you say "we disable everything"

Instead, you never "disabled everything" and started with JUST GSX and the sim. Failing to do that, will prevent you to find a problem that happens only because of the COMBINATION of add-ons.

RVxSpeed

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2020, 06:01:54 pm »
It's because i don't need to disable everything. If disabling GSX resolves the issue. Then the problematic addon is found & should be addressed first before moving with other.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 06:05:57 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2020, 06:08:27 pm »
It's because i don't need to disable everything

Yes you do, and you know it very well, since you said "we disable everything".

. If disabling GSX resolves the issue. Then the problematic addon is found & should be addressed first before moving with other.

Wrong, again.

If disabling GSX without disabling "everything" first resolves the issue, you can't say if the problem is caused by GSX or a conflict with another add-on, which even if it happens, you cannot say if it's "caused" by GSX or we can even fix it from our side.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2020, 06:18:39 pm »
Since you also decline to test to prove that there is a flaw in your product which i have clearly identified. I am also declining to do a vanilla test.

That's not the case. I tested the PMDG 747 many times but right now, I'm waiting for PMDG to reply to my ticket, since I had to reinstall Windows from scratch, and need a reactivation, but I'll test it again as soon as I can use it.