Author Topic: Traffic Cones Not Showing for Flight1 ATR 72-500 on FSX:SE  (Read 1455 times)

thiagocyb

Hello Umberto and GSX support team. First of all, I would like to congratulate you for the great job done on GSX. I had the first contact with this add-on some days ago and the documentation is very clear about all of its features. The tool itself brings the simulation to a new level.

I've spent some time reading and clarifying my doubts here in the Forum. One of the things that a I've discovered is that traffic cones positions depends on (a) aircraft.cfg thrust power position and, mainly, (b) the engine position according to the 3D customization tool, which is represented in the GSX.cgf file for each aircraft. In some cases, I've read that de-icing position can also interfere.

For every almost aircraft of FSX:SE (except some turboprops like King Air), I'm able to see the traffic cones positioned around the aircraft protecting the engines. In Flight1 ATR 72-500, though, the only add-on aircraft that I use, I'm not able to see any traffic cone, even with the referred option box checked (trafficcones = 1). I've tried changing the position of the engines on the customization tool, but they don't appear. I was wondering if other variables could impact traffic cones to be visible.

I'm using the latest version of GSX (including Expasion Pack) and I've run the Live Update to guarantee nothing is missing.

This is my file GSX.cfg file:

[aircraft]
nosegear = 8.84
refueling = 1
battery = 1
pushbackraise = 1
pushbackdummyevent = 0
pushbackcheckengines = 1
iscargo = 0
trafficcones = 1
preferredexit =  3
wingrootpos = 0.00 -1.43 1.76
wingtippos = 13.15 -1.74 1.73
fuelpos = 1.60 -2.28 -1.08
waterpos = 0.00 0.00 0.00
lavatorypos = 0.00 0.00 0.00
engine1pos = -4.00 1.90 1.28
engine2pos = 4.00 1.90 1.28
engine3pos = 0.00 0.00 0.00
engine4pos = 0.00 0.00 0.00

[exit1]
remove = 1

[exit2]
remove = 1

[exit3]
remove = 1

[exit4]
pos = -0.80 -8.64 -0.59 -1.50
code = 1
name = Main door
embeddedStair = -1.30 -8.66 -0.59 -2.73 -8.85 -2.07

[service1]
remove = 1

[service2]
pos = 1.25 -8.64 -0.38 0.00
code = 0
embeddedStair = 0

[cargo1]
pos = -1.09 6.42 -0.80 0.00
code = (A:FOLDING WING HANDLE POSITION,bool)
name = Cargo door
embeddedStair = 0
uldcode = AUTO

[cargo2]
remove = 1

[cargomain]
remove = 1

Something have raise my attention:
When comparing the value f the Z-Axis (height) of every aircraft element on "Customize Aircraft" menu vs. GSX.cfg I can see an off-set of about ~1.9 meters

Is there something special on Flight1 ATR 72-500 or in the shared GSX.cfg file? Is this related to the fact of being a turboprop (maybe something on aircraft.cfg)? Is the Z-axis offset "submerging" the traffic cones?

I appreciate if you could help me with this issue.

Thank you,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Traffic Cones Not Showing for Flight1 ATR 72-500 on FSX:SE
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 11:14:59 am »
The height in the GSX.CFG are relative to the airplane reference point ( usually close to the center of mass ), so a configuration would always be independent from the weight & balance when it was made, but they are *displayed* as offset from ground in the editor, since they are easier to relate in that form.

The only thing I can think of, assuming you set the engine position correctly, so the pointer would cross the engine halfway along all 3 axes, is that GSX is not detecting the engines being off, because the plane used a custom flight model. This can be usually fixed by pressing CTRL+Shift+F1, which shuts down the default engine simulation, which is the only thing GSX can check.