Author Topic: GSX Activation keeps reverting to Trial Mode  (Read 2610 times)

colfmedion

GSX Activation keeps reverting to Trial Mode
« on: February 17, 2020, 08:02:17 am »
Had to reinstall Win 10 2 weeks ago. Also had to reinstall FSX De Luxe and Accelleration pack. I have reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled GSX Base and 2 and entered corrected key so many times I am going dizzy. Each time the system accepts key and changes to Active and GSX works in FSX. However, when I close FSX and restart I am faced with GSX in Trial Mode and requiring Key again. Please help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Activation keeps reverting to Trial Mode
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 10:09:50 am »
You must activate GSX with its key, and GSX L2 with its (different) key.

colfmedion

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 02:46:44 pm »
Thanks for response. Got an activation key from FSDREAMTEAM as per the instructions. It only gave me 1 key for GSX2.6 and 2 for KJFK V1 AND V2 (No problem with these). It did not give me a key for GSX (1?). GSX has registered correctly and appears to be functioning okay. When I try to activate GSX2 with the given key it is rejected because "no license key was found on the system".  So now I am even more confused than I was before. I have just uninstalled GSX 2.8.1  and removed it from Registry. I have just reinstalled GSX 2.8.1. The system invited me to activate which I did via the Wizard using the key given today by email from FSDREAMTEAM. The Wizard failed to activate because the key is INVALID!!. I am totally and utterly confused. Please advise.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 03:28:19 pm »
It only gave me 1 key for GSX2.6 and 2 for KJFK V1 AND V2 (No problem with these)

When I try to activate GSX2 with the given key it is rejected

These two sentences are a bit confusing.

You first say "It only gave me 1 key for GSX", then you say you are trying to activate GSX L2 "with the given key".

That's precisely your problem, assuming you meant what you wrote, that you have being given only a key for GSX ( which seems to imply you don't have a GSX L2 key ), you cannot activate GSX L2 with a GSX key!

In any case, as explained in the manual, you shouldn't use the forum to ask questions about activations because, of course, further troubleshooting would require sharing some of your personal details. Which is why, we clearly tell to use the support EMAIL for any questions related to orders or activation.

colfmedion

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 04:09:34 pm »
Sorry to be a pain but I think I must be cracking up. I click on the "email" and I am faced with opening an account on Mail. I have an account with Mailspring so I do not want another one. All I want is the email address for activation issues so that I can follow your advise. Why has everything got to be so complicated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 05:44:59 pm »
I click on the "email" and I am faced with opening an account on Mail. I have an account with Mailspring so I do not want another one.

And what this has anything to do with us, GSX ?

That's how ANY browser ever worked, when a web page has a standard mailto: link, which is the universal way to indicate an email link on a web page: it will try to open that link on the default Email program, which on Windows is MS Mail. OF COURSE, if you never configured it before, it will ask you to configure a new email account.

All I want is the email address for activation issues so that I can follow your advise.

If you never used an email program on your system, you can simply read the email address that is displayed on that link. Of course, the support email address was also indicated in your purchase receipt.

colfmedion

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 03:11:43 pm »
I have replied via an email. I found your last reponse quite offensive - I am 77 and do have a certain reading problem (eyesight is good) and I did say I was getting confused. I do have an email account but for some reason the link kept defaulting to MS MAIL which I have never used so can only assume that another wonderful Windows Update has screwed things up again - I have deleted MS Mail from my PC. As I said in my email regarding Keys, I will do without GSX 2 but nothing will alter in my mind that I did have a legitimate copy of GSX 2 with License Key and hopefully one day, I will come accross it.
Good Day.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 07:58:01 am »
I do have an email account but for some reason the link kept defaulting to MS MAIL which I have never used so can only assume that another wonderful Windows Update has screwed things up again - I have deleted MS Mail from my PC.

Windows updates sometimes restore the default programs associated to a task, like the default browser, the default photo editor, and the default email program.

Especially in case of email, if you don't use ANY email *application*, maybe because you always read email from the browser, it's entirely normal and reasonable that, if you have MS Mail installed, it would default to it, when there's a standard "mailto:" link over a web page. But of course, if you haven't configured any account in MS Mail, it will ask to create one. That's how Windows always worked, when dealing with email links on web page.

As I said in my email regarding Keys, I will do without GSX 2 but nothing will alter in my mind that I did have a legitimate copy of GSX 2 with License Key and hopefully one day, I will come accross it.

And as I've already explained to you by email, we were able to find your orders for the base GSX and other FSDT sceneries, and we updated the email from the one you used to order ( which you said don't use anymore ), to your current one, so you could retrieve the activation keys.

However, I couldn't find any orders from GSX L2, and I tried searching by email and even by surname, but there weren't any orders for GSX L2. So I told you maybe you bought it from another retailer, perhaps Simmarket, or PC Aviator, of Fspilotshop, which explains why the order couldn't be found on our system, and suggested to use whatever order retrieval procedure those retailers have to get your activation key.

In case of Fspilotshop, their site is down, but you should at least find some proof of purchase, so we can reissue a new license on our site.