Author Topic: GSX2 Live Update -> Prepared wont start **SOLVED**  (Read 14818 times)

oskar11

Re: GSX2 Live Update -> Prepared wont start
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2019, 03:19:40 pm »
Hi Umberto,

after installation of the update 2.8 I got this message see attached and P3dv4.5 not starting.

Any idea?

Joggu

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2019, 05:09:57 pm »
Hi Umberto,

after installation of the update 2.8 I got this message see attached and P3dv4.5 not starting.

Any idea?

I get this message whenever I accidentally start the P3D twice.

oskar11

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2019, 05:25:30 pm »
That problem accurs after updating GSX 2 to v2.8 -> is not so easy to answer. The p3dv4 is trying to start again and again because of that this messages accuring again and again ...   >:(
BTW after updating I expect updated software without investigating why the P3d is not working ....
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 05:59:44 pm by oskar11 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2019, 07:49:10 pm »
I believe the problem has been found, thanks to the help from Joggu, which I had two separate sessions with.

After trying everything, we found that, on his system, the add-on.xml path for a scenery from FSDG resulted in a crash when being read. It was related to the fact his user name contained non-ASCII characters, but the strange thing was, ALL the other sceneries installed ( even others from FSDG ), had their add-on.xml in the same folder, since his user name it's always the same.

But for some reason, this particular add-on.xml couldn't be opened. The file itself was fine, it was just the problem of being in a path with a non-ASCII username, but the thing that puzzles me is all the other add-on.xml were in the same path.

This triggered some kind of bug in an open-source library we use to parse xml file, which made the Addon Manager crash, and the sim with it ( a .DLL that crashes will crash the sim, unfortunately ).

I still not fully understand what only *that* file couldn't be opened without crashing, but I managed to add a workaround to prevent this case. It's on the Live Update now, waiting to hear your feedback.

Joggu

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2019, 08:07:24 pm »
I just run the Live Updater and added the FSDG files again. P3D is opening correctly and runs fine! Thank you so much for your efforts! 

Do you just remember which scenery triggered the error?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2019, 08:16:22 pm »
Do you just remember which scenery triggered the error?

It was the Documents\Prepar3D V4 Add-on\FSDG\add-on.xml

But the xml file itself was fine, because if I placed in my system, it worked normally. In order to replicate your crash, I had to create an alias named "Joël" on my system, and edit the path in the add-on.cfg to point *there* and THEN I could make my system crash as well.

Which as I've said, it's really strange, because ALL your other add-on.xml files were in the same C:\Users\Joël path, but if you remember the session we had, it was enough to skip THIS single add-on, to have your P3D starting.

irmagobb

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2019, 08:38:43 pm »
It works!  ;D

Thank you very much for your support.

Greeting
Jürgen

McMogwai

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2019, 08:39:23 pm »
Thank God - or in this case: Thank Umberto, it works again & great!

I hope I did not get annoyed too much. But I was close to despair because I tried everything to get GSX back to work.

Thank you for not giving up to find and fix the bug.

So now I have to fly. A lot of flights have been canceled for more than a week. I have to catch it up :-)

Again, thank you very very much!

Best greetings, Michael

oskar11

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2019, 09:19:14 pm »
Sorry just for my understanding. Just run the live update or do I have to move the FSDG\add-on.xml also ?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 09:20:54 pm by oskar11 »

oskar11

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2019, 09:35:47 pm »
Sorry, after the live update for me it does not solve the problem P3d still not starting ....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2019, 09:59:52 pm »
Sorry just for my understanding. Just run the live update or do I have to move the FSDG\add-on.xml also ?

No, the latest update is able to deal with it.

oskar11

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2019, 10:25:54 pm »
I got the latest update one hour ago, but does not solve - sorry. Where can I find the log file in order to send it to you?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2019, 10:30:30 pm »
I got the latest update one hour ago, but does not solve - sorry. Where can I find the log file in order to send it to you?

The update surely fixed the problem which was caused by non-ASCII user names. Have you noticed if it has downloaded an updated bglmanx64.dll ?

If not, or are not sure, please check the date of the Digital Signature of this file:

Addon Manager\bglmanx64.dll

The date of the digital signature, not the date of the file.

BigJoe

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2019, 10:34:36 pm »
It worked for me. Thank you so much Umberto, and you 2 Joggu :D  If you ever com to Oslo, i'll have a cold beer waiting for U

oskar11

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2019, 10:47:00 pm »
I have also a non-ASCII user name (with "ä"). See the attached picture