Author Topic: GSX2 Live Update -> Prepared wont start **SOLVED**  (Read 14951 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX2 Live Update -> Prepared wont start
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2019, 01:50:29 pm »
Updating the VC++ runtimes ( do it for both, x86 and x64 ) might require a Windows restart before the update is really finished.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2019, 02:08:36 pm »
I noticed something: while some users that had this problem fixed it by updating the VC++ runtimes, it seems that most of you that posted in this thread and couldn't fix it this way, all have email addresses that looks german. So, it's likely your problem is an entirely different one, even if the final result (p3D not starting) looks similar.

Is your user name folder containing non-ASCII characters, like Umlauts/Eszett perhaps ? If yes, maybe I understand what the problem might be.

irmagobb

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2019, 02:15:31 pm »
That could be the problem. My Name is Jürgen. The "Ü" is in some folder names.

Thanks again.

ggerolamo

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2019, 02:17:02 pm »
GOOD NEWS  ;D

After hours of testing, I found the culprit:
It was her LSZH-Aerosoft Scenery !!!
I provided this scenery with an inibuild gsx-profile, and that was the problem!
Obviously the new GSX version doesn't work with the existing inibuild gsx profiles!

Oh man, that was really hard to find this bug now - I hope I helped some of you with it !

Maybe you also have some extern gsx profiles which cause problems !

greetings
ggerolamo

BigJoe

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2019, 02:43:41 pm »
My name is Bjørn, and the user name folder contains the letter "ø" (Norwegian letter)

Joggu

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2019, 03:23:13 pm »
I noticed something: while some users that had this problem fixed it by updating the VC++ runtimes, it seems that most of you that posted in this thread and couldn't fix it this way, all have email addresses that looks german. So, it's likely your problem is an entirely different one, even if the final result (p3D not starting) looks similar.

Is your user name folder containing non-ASCII characters, like Umlauts/Eszett perhaps ? If yes, maybe I understand what the problem might be.

Yes, thats possible, mine is Joël

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2019, 03:36:33 pm »
Yes, thats possible, mine is Joël

I tried here, creating both a new "Joël" user name, and a "Bjørn" and, in both cases, I cannot reproduce the problem, but perhaps it must be tested on a non-English Windows as well. I made some changes "in the blind" that might result in some difference, let me know how it goes with this file:

http://betaupdate.fsdreamteam.com/bglmanx64.dll

Place it in the root of the Addon Manager folder, replacing the one which should be already there.

Joggu

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2019, 04:32:47 pm »
Unfortunately, it didn’t help as well.  :-[

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2019, 04:39:23 pm »
Try this:

http://update.fsdreamteam.com/LOG/bglmanx64.dll

This is a debug version with logging. When the sim appear to be locked up, exit or force exit, and check this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\bglmanx.log

ZIP that file and send it to me by email (use the address on the "Contact Us" page of this site, or the small email icon under by avatar logo ). Maybe, it will tell me *where* the program is crashing.

If you don't have that file, it will still be useful to know, because if you don't have it, it means the program haven't even got a chance to start, so this will tell for sure the problem is with your system, like missing libraries, antivirus, etc.

BigJoe

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2019, 05:16:00 pm »
Thank you so much for helping.  I tried the debug Version, but can't find the file. I checked the antivirus several times, but no problem there.

Joggu

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2019, 05:24:01 pm »
hmm in C:\Users\Joël\AppData and C:\Users\Joël\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali i can't find this file.

I have to close P3D via Task Manager if this is not a Problem.

Possibly this is another point:

I have uninstalled your Geneva addon to try the new one from Aerosoft. Then I have seen some old objects from your scenery in the one from Aerosoft on false places (I think they are from your scenery but they could also be P3D standard ones). After that I controlled the ranking in the scenery.cfg of AS GVA with “Lorby-SI AddonOrganizer_P3D_V4”. I received an “duplicate” error and I let correct it from this program. Now I restarted P3D and it didn’t run anymore.
In the same time, I started FSDT Live Update, but I don’t know anymore if it was before I started the P3D the first time or in the same time as I correct the Scenery.cfg with “Lorby-SI AddonOrganizer_P3D_V4”.
I deleted the scenery.cfg and Prepar3D.cfg and this didn’t help. Later I have seen, that there are a lot of other Peoples reports some problem and so I think its not the problem with the GVA scenery.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2019, 05:25:09 pm »
I tried the debug Version, but can't find the file.

This seems to confirm what I was suspecting all along: there's nothing wrong IN the Addon Manager, because if you don't even have a Log created with the debug version, it means the program was blocked by the OS, the antivirus, or it simply couldn't start because some kind of system library is either missing/outdated/corrupted in your system.

I think the only option left here, is to contact me in private to have a Teamviewer session, so I can see what's wrong with your system.

McMogwai

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2019, 08:52:49 pm »
Hi Umberto,

thank you very much for your efforts.

I have updated all necessary programs/libarys again.

Then i tried your debug Version of bglmanx64.dll. I didnt find a log file and of course the prepared prevents to start.

Then I simply deactivated the dll (renamed) without touching the rest of the installation. And Prepared starts again normally (without gsx in the menu). The file re-enabled and Prepared does not start as i expected.

Of course I checked bitdefender (antivirus) again but i could not find any strange.

However, i find interesting that obiously the dll prevent prepared to start. Maybe that helps to narrow down the problem?

I really do not want to miss GSX in my simulation - but I do not know what to do anymore.

Thx, Michael

P. S. I would make myself available by teamviewer.

McMogwai

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2019, 10:52:42 pm »
I changed my account name on Windows 10 and removed the german umlaut ö from my name. My Name is "Michael S......"  I reboot my System and tried to start prepared with gsx. No chance. Unfortunately that did not help ...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2019, 01:09:43 am »
Please be patient, I already had a TM session with Joggu a few hours ago, and tried everything, but still couldn't find the reason. However, he and I had limited time this evening, so we'll have another try tomorrow, so I would have several other things to try.

My theory so far, is that it must be something related to VC++ runtimes, because even in his case, the program doesn't even execute a single line of code (the first thing it does is to open the log file so, even with a single line, some log file *should* appear), so only something in the OS can block a program like that, most likely a missing .DLL or something like that.

But I have several tools to try, so I'm sure we'll find the cause.