Author Topic: GSX No sounds  (Read 3469 times)

EdS45

GSX No sounds
« on: August 30, 2019, 01:15:57 pm »
Since a recent FSDT update (cant recall excatly when), I get no sounds from GSX voice commands and or vehicles. I already unisntalled and re-installed GSX and problem persists. I have read previous similar topics posted and I can confirm that I have the correct audio device set in GSX settings. I have not changed my audio device and sounds have worked before!  As for the OpenAL.dll file mentioned, I searched my PC and found a OpenAL32.dll file in the folder Addon Manager\Couatl. Is this the same file as OpenAL.dll? Any help is appreciated.
Regards
Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX No sounds
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 01:18:52 pm »
Nothing is the GSX update could possibly have any effect on sounds. The sound handling, which is done with OpenAL hasn't changed in years and the .DLL hasn't either. If GSX reporting that sound device as working ?

Also, do you see *any* of the GSX sounds, or none at all ?

EdS45

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 01:27:27 pm »
In the GSX settings the Diagostics says: "The audio subsystem seems to be working properly". 
Dont understand your question if I see "any" of the GSX sounds..... I dont hear any GSX sounds but I can see GSX messages displayed.
As for the the OpenAL.dll file.... is that the same as OpenAL32.dll (please note the "32" added to the file name?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Ed

part-time-punk

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 01:36:47 pm »
Try..

Open Sound Settings
Open Sound Control Panel
Select Communications tab.
Select Do nothing
Press Apply

EdS45

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 01:41:06 pm »
Thanks.... already done that....no changes.

part-time-punk

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 02:01:20 pm »
What sound device are you using in P3D/FSX and are you hearing engines, ATC etc?
What sound device are you using for GSX?
Are the Applications levels turned up in volume mixer (right click the speaker icon, select Open Volume mixer.

EdS45

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 02:13:42 pm »
P3D and GSX use same: Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Dedinition Audio)
Yess, all application volume set to max in volume mixer.

Thanks
Ed

EdS45

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2019, 08:40:51 am »
Solved..... I think I found the culprit! While installing a new video driver, Nvidia also installed an Audio driver. It was not listed in the GSX settings, this is why it took me some time and research to find it. Once uninstalled and all traces removed, GSX sound was back and all is normnaL now.
Thanks for all help
Ed