Author Topic: Black triangle flashes  (Read 23264 times)

american398

Black triangle flashes
« on: August 29, 2019, 06:01:40 pm »
hi there. I have been getting some strange black triangle shaped flashes on the screen at KORDV2.

&feature=youtu.be

F737NG

Re: Black triangle flashes
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 07:23:24 pm »
I also see these, mainly on approach to any runway at around 500 feet A.G.L.

sgreen91

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 05:03:12 am »
I see the same on taxi around the terminal.  I have turned off HDR, rebuilt shaders, etc.  After I taxi by the terminal then taxi back it does not occur again.

Sean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 11:05:01 am »
I'm sorry but, I cannot reproduce this.

american398

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 04:37:22 pm »

Maybe it helps to know that i am using the Aerosoft Airbus is this clip. But, I have also noticed it in the PMDG 737. Are you able to use any of those aircraft on your system to test sir?

Martyjr

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 04:55:38 pm »
I see the same on taxi around the terminal.  I have turned off HDR, rebuilt shaders, etc.  After I taxi by the terminal then taxi back it does not occur again.

Sean

Is P3Dv4.5HF1 HDR required to be active (ON) for KORDv2 and also for checking this problem?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

General Aviation

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 07:10:50 pm »

Maybe it helps to know that i am using the Aerosoft Airbus is this clip. But, I have also noticed it in the PMDG 737. Are you able to use any of those aircraft on your system to test sir?

I agree would you be able to do that to really to be able to understand FPS etc  using a high quality aircraft.

CptFlipDover69

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2019, 03:34:19 pm »
I’m getting  the exact same issue on every single aircraft. Even default aircraft.

Beancounter

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 06:49:31 pm »
I have this as well on all aircraft.

american398

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2019, 08:33:20 pm »
thx for the support guys. Hopefully something can be done

CptFlipDover69

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2019, 03:13:20 pm »
Bump

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2019, 08:11:03 pm »
Saying "I cannot reproduce this" doesn't obviously mean the issue has been "ignored". In fact, it's exactly the opposite, it indicate the report has been taken seriously, because we obviously TRIED to reproduce it but, we couldn't.

These kind of artifacts are usually an indication of:

- video memory close to exhaustion because of too many add-ons, too high-settings

- shader modifications.

- tweaks to the drivers of the sim which shouldn't be used.

- bugs in the simulator, there are still some issues in the sim that LM is aware of in PBR.

bhorv67

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2019, 08:48:46 pm »
This issue is not specific to KORD. I have the flashing triangles at other airports. It's possible its an artifact of PBR, or graphics settings that are too high.
I do notice though, that it happens more often at KORD.

Beancounter

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2019, 03:39:15 am »
Saying "I cannot reproduce this" doesn't obviously mean the issue has been "ignored". In fact, it's exactly the opposite, it indicate the report has been taken seriously, because we obviously TRIED to reproduce it but, we couldn't.

These kind of artifacts are usually an indication of:

- video memory close to exhaustion because of too many add-ons, too high-settings

- shader modifications.

- tweaks to the drivers of the sim which shouldn't be used.

- bugs in the simulator, there are still some issues in the sim that LM is aware of in PBR.

In an effort to assist I’ll provide a few more details on my setup

I run a Evga FTW3 1080TI with 11GB of video memory with some very moderate settings I’m not so much hung up on having everything maxed vs decent running FPS.  I have low AA settings, no AI traffic ever.

I have never used or installed shader tweaks.

I haven’t touched any drivers other than installing them and so far this is the first airport I have noticed these triangles appear flashing on the screen.  I do run 3 27 monitors at 1080p.  I use all the complex popular aircraft addons from PMDG, FSlabs, majestic, captainsim etc..

I’m not saying it’s the scenery but giving some feedback from the items you suggest are the common causes.

Let me know if you need more details.  I have a 4790K overclock to a modest 4.7.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2019, 10:43:35 am »
This issue is not specific to KORD. I have the flashing triangles at other airports. It's possible its an artifact of PBR, or graphics settings that are too high.  I do notice though, that it happens more often at KORD.

That was the last point of my previous reply:

KORD, being a 100% PBR scenery, is more likely to suffer from these problems, like the ghosting T5 or the missing DL on approach, which we could find workarounds for but, these kind of artifacts are something much more low-level (shaders, drivers or the simulator own render engine), and are really outside our control.

Yes, of course they don't happen just at FSDT KORD, that is common knowledge, but I think KORD is one of the very few 100% PBR airports out there, and surely the largest one.