Author Topic: Black triangle flashes  (Read 23665 times)

american398

Re: Black triangle flashes
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 12:55:57 am »
Well its unfortunate but maybe LM will fix somethings in 4.6. Wish i could turn PBR off because i don't use it at any of the other airports. Maybe that's the issue. But It seems it only happens near the terminal area.

paulyg123

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2019, 12:57:02 am »
I love the new KORD.  I notice at KORD I get a quick flash os a large black and white triangle that lasts a few milli-seconds, but it repeats every 5 - 7 seconds.  This never happened on any FSDT scenery.  I have all your US sceneries and only started with FSDT KORD.

Any advice.

CptFlipDover69

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2019, 03:00:30 am »
Yeah unfortunately this has been reported by other users. http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21832.0.html
Apparently it’s not FSDT. It’s our computers that suck and Lockheed Martins fault.

I currently don’t have the airport installed but I’m curious. If you turn all p3d sliders to the left, do you still get the flashing triangles? I think this would prove if it’s our fault or FSDT.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 03:04:39 am by CptFlipDover69 »

paulyg123

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2019, 02:08:16 am »
Just so you know.  I have a top end computer and get amazing results.  I have all FlyTampa, FSDT, ImagineSim scenery (even some Drzweski scenery and airports) with all PMDG planes and I never saw these triangles until KORD was installed.  And it only happens in and around KORD now.  So it is nt my computer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2019, 02:29:44 am »
Quoting from another fellow user in that linked thread:

This issue is not specific to KORD. I have the flashing triangles at other airports. It's possible its an artifact of PBR, or graphics settings that are too high. I do notice though, that it happens more often at KORD.

So yes, it's NOT caused by KORD, it's likely that KORD, being a full PBR scenery which requires lots of VRAM, is more easily victim of whatever is causing this.

paulyg123

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2019, 09:18:27 pm »
Sorry: 
This issue has only started when FSDT KORD was just added.  I only get it at KORD with any aircraft.  I have a high end machine with TITAN X video card.  I think it is indeed a FSDT issue with new KORD.

I'd like to  see if people with this issue start at KORD and fly away from the airport and see if it stops.
I noticed it stops about 10 miles away from KORD.  But still - there should be a solution here.   

american398

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2019, 09:43:00 pm »
well im back on DD KORD for now but the last time i used it the flashing triangles went away when you got further from the terminal area.

paulyg123

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2019, 10:49:47 pm »
FYI:
I just did a Flight from KMSP with Flightbeam KMSP and landed at FSDT KORD.
I did not get one triangle until I landed at KORD and approached the gate area.  Then the triangles started every 5 seconds.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2019, 10:55:55 am »
I just did a Flight from KMSP with Flightbeam KMSP and landed at FSDT KORD.  I did not get one triangle until I landed at KORD and approached the gate area.  Then the triangles started every 5 seconds.

That doesn't indicate KORD has a problem.

It only indicates that, on your system, KMSP (which is not a PBR scenery), is not affected by what might be a possible bug with PBR materials, which is not caused by KORD and, as confirmed in the post I linked from another user happens at other airports as well, and KORD being a full PBR scenery, is more likely to be a victim of it.

Again, LM is fully aware there are still issues in the current release of the simulator with PBR rendering, some of them we were able to bypass, but this can't, both because we cannot reproduce it in any way, but also because it's really something deep inside the engine rendering, we surely haven't put any stray triangles in the scenery and, of course, only a few users in this thread have reported it so, it's likely depending on some specific setting and/or a specific combination of hardware and settings and drivers, otherwise it would happen to anybody.

njflyer08

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2019, 08:54:35 pm »
I'm having the same issue, only started after installing ORD V2. As an experiment I disabled ground vehicles (to see if this would free up RAM on my GTX), I have not seen the black triangle after doing this, but more testing is needed to be sure.....

CptFlipDover69

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2019, 09:48:40 pm »
I'm having the same issue, only started after installing ORD V2. As an experiment I disabled ground vehicles (to see if this would free up RAM on my GTX), I have not seen the black triangle after doing this, but more testing is needed to be sure.....

I’m interested to see if we literally turned all sliders to the left just for testing purposes and see what happens. I currently don’t have it installed as the triangles were driving me nuts lol.

paulyg123

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2019, 12:15:04 am »
Let me say that I love FSDT products and have them all.  Without you, we have crappy airports.  So thank you.   I can live with the triangles popping up.  I would at KORD.  I know it happens no where else.  I'd love to know what airport also has full PBR.  I have every US addon airport.  I'd love to test my computer out on another PBR airport.  Any suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2019, 12:49:06 am »
Only a few users? If you consider a few users EVERYONE that has the scenery. It’s interesting when only one user reports a problem with your product you are quick to say your the only one having this issue so screw off. But when MULTIPLE users report a problem that happens at your airport exclusively, and there is one user that says they done see the issue, you take that one user as sacrosanct. Own up to your product and take responsibility. Quit blaming LM because these other scenery’s have PBR as well. Quit lying!!!

Well, this is now getting really annoying. I must support users, yet I'm begin called a liar. Another user, who has been rightfully banned for using foul language ( you "just "offended me, instead ), tried to say it's "very easy" to reproduce the flashing triangles, it should only take 10 minutes, take a PMDG airplane, and make a quick flight into KORD.

Let's do that, shall we ? Here's a flight I just made from KCMI to KORD, with the PMDG 737 + DD Chicago City photoreal + UT Live traffic.

And there are NO flashing triangles, of course.

paulyg123

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2019, 01:28:52 am »
I may have found a solution.  Remember, the flashing triangles ONLY appear in the KORD gate area while taxiing for me.  Once on the runways I don't get it.  Now I tried many settings and the only one that completely eliminates the triangles in having the screen in the Window (ALT ENTER) view.  With that view (showing menu bar at the top) I ge ZERO triangles.  When I go full view, the triangles immediately appear.
I did this multiple times and it is 100% repeatable.  I'd love someone else who reported triangles to try the ALT ENTER view and see if this solves it. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2019, 01:36:04 am »
My video was made in full screen.

Which, btw, in P3D is not really full screen ( like it was in FSX ), it's still Windowed mode, using a window with no title bar and no controls so, in theory, it should work exactly as in standard windowed mode.