Author Topic: check for updates  (Read 2764 times)

Michael1

check for updates
« on: August 24, 2019, 06:53:16 pm »
Here's an issue that has just started. When checking updates while in flight sim x, usually I'll receive an automatic update available or a no new updates + the release notes. Now I'm getting a "remote server returned invalid data" error. I've turned of my anti virus and firewalls and added all the relevant folders to the anti virus exclude folder. when I run the update from my desktop, ti downloads and installs the same files each time. Registry error?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: check for updates
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 06:55:42 pm »
The "remote server returned invalid data" error is likely something wrong on the server, we'll check that.

when I run the update from my desktop, ti downloads and installs the same files each time

This seems to indicate a firewall blocking the outgoing connection for the updater, instead.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 07:02:31 pm by virtuali »

Michael1

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 07:14:50 pm »
yes, that's why it's so strange, since not only have I turned the firewall off, the entire folder containing couatl has been put in the exclusion list

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 08:14:33 pm »
Yes, but the reason why the same files are downloaded over and over, it's because the updater sees your local files are outdated, and then it tries to download them again on the next run. Under normal conditions, if you run the Live Update twice in a row, the 2nd run shouldn't download anything.

Michael1

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 07:13:07 pm »
It seems to have sorted itself out? IDK, it all works now lol