Author Topic: A few minor issues  (Read 12048 times)

bhavin115

Re: A few minor issues
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2019, 10:52:14 pm »
i put original cfg and get this. Its so strange.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2019, 11:29:22 am »
So removing the CFG brought back the housing and wig wags work in the night (not too bright and very faint alternating)

Have you enabled HDR after resetting the Prepar3D.CFG file ? Without HDR, it's expected all lights would look much weak. As a reference, see how they are supposed to look like in the attached screenshots.

and in daytime they look solid yellow

Well, this is strange, since the housing and the animation don't change between night and day, perhaps we found another bug in the sim, we'll check this and see if, by creating the objects with our scripting engine instead than using the .BGL format, this might be possibly fixed for everybody, like the floating T5 issue we fixed in the same way.

bhavin115

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2019, 01:01:46 pm »
So it seems some setting is causing the issue since a new CFG has it sort of working. Would you know what possible setting would cause this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2019, 01:15:05 pm »
So it seems some setting is causing the issue since a new CFG has it sort of working. Would you know what possible setting would cause this?

The only one I can think of is:

SmallPartRejectRadius = xxx

But that's a setting that is not present by default, not even in FSX, and if it's set higher than 0, it might start to remove objects smaller than xxx pixel on screen, supposedly helping with fps.

bhavin115

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2019, 08:07:13 pm »
I never made a change to that but I guess I will wait for possible update or might have to spend hours checking and trying each setting.