Author Topic: AFCAD: vehicle path connection to parking spot  (Read 1844 times)

Wolkenschreck

AFCAD: vehicle path connection to parking spot
« on: March 21, 2019, 12:52:25 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I have a rather technical question about AFCAD design. What is the right way (i.e. direction) to connect a vehicle path and a parking spot at the front end of the parking spot? Please refer to Situation B.

Situation A:
The service lane for ground vehicles is at the backend of the parking position and is connected with the same parking links the aircraft are using for pushback. This situation works without any problem for me and GSX is working as intended.

Situation B:
This is the situation I can not get working. Here, the service lane is at the front end of the parking position. Pushback lanes and service lanes are not connected. If I connect the parking positions like shown in the screenshot, the "far-away" GSX vehicles (catering, bus, fuel) will not use the frontend vehicle path and instead use the taxiways to approach the parking position from the back.

Is it actually possible for the GSX vehicles to approach a parking sport from vehicle paths that are at the front or do they necessarily have to approach from the back?

Thanks,
Christoph
Christoph

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AFCAD: vehicle path connection to parking spot
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 04:11:27 pm »
Is it actually possible for the GSX vehicles to approach a parking sport from vehicle paths that are at the front or do they necessarily have to approach from the back?

They must approach from the back, because in the most common case, if they approached from the front, it would be very likely they would clash into a building, which GSX is not aware of (it reads only the AFCAD), and they would have to make a complete turn around the airplane, possibly clashing into AI or other nearby objects, so the back route is the only one taken into consideration, since it's the safest one.

Wolkenschreck

Re: AFCAD: vehicle path connection to parking spot
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 09:27:11 pm »
Thank you Umberto for the explanation.

Regards,

Christoph
Christoph