FSDreamTeam forum
July 29, 2014, 09:38:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: KIAH has been released!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Autopilot and Radio explainations  (Read 66938 times)
neutrino

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2009, 06:40:41 PM »

Strange problem! I have several missions with the F18 “saved”. When I load some of the missions the A/C come in with the AutoThrottle on, which make the a/c scoot across the landscape till I can get the brake on and turn it off. Other missions are OK.
Have ensured the AT is off and “resaved” the mission, but to no avail? Suggestions?
 Huh
What do you mean by "autothrottle" ? I thought the FSX FA-18 does not have autothrottle, only autopilot, which works as explained in the first post of the thread.
Pop

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2009, 07:30:04 PM »

on the front of the inboard throttle is a button (hard to see) but hover over that area an u can see it.  If u "arm" the AT, then "engauge AT" the hit the CTL R key you will set the "CDM A/S"(look at the ACL page top left). The AT work well in the CVA approaceds, just remember to (ctl r) disconnect after landiing!
 Smiley
neutrino

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2009, 11:02:04 PM »

Pop, I haven't tried the autothrottle function you describe, but I think the <Ctrl+R> combination simply engages the generic "Airspeed Hold" function of the FSX autopilot. I don't know how it is integrated with the Hornet VC avionics.
Sludge

SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2009, 08:18:11 AM »

Neutrino.... Good question and I cant find the manual to answer that online.

I know what you mean though, look at this video.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRm-PNmDwps" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRm-PNmDwps</a>

Pop

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2009, 03:44:41 PM »

neutrino: Correct about the "airspeed hold"! You don't have to use the "arm-engauge" to get a "airspeed hold" however, it works like the "RW" autothrottle! The auto pilot does not have to be on the use it, and "ctl r" turns it on and off! The 'set CDR A/S" is what ever speed your are when Wink "turned on"!

Still looking for what the "auto throttle" button does in the sim-it is there as "workable" Huh
Razgriz

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2009, 09:46:03 PM »

neutrino: Correct about the "airspeed hold"! You don't have to use the "arm-engauge" to get a "airspeed hold" however, it works like the "RW" autothrottle! The auto pilot does not have to be on the use it, and "ctl r" turns it on and off! The 'set CDR A/S" is what ever speed your are when Wink "turned on"!

Still looking for what the "auto throttle" button does in the sim-it is there as "workable" Huh

That pilot does have Airspeed hold on.  He is using ATC (Auto Throttle Control), and the words ATC are readable on the right side of the hud.
Tregarth

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2010, 07:56:49 PM »

I have seen reference to using TACAN radios on the F/A-18, in particular Javier Fernadez's USS Nimitz.  In it he says the TACAN frequency is 57X.  I know I have select the TACAN button on the radio and then press 5 and 7, but how do I add the X ?

I have tried pressing the green X on the radio display but that does not seem to work, what do I need to do please?

Thank you,

Tregarth
Pop

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2010, 02:40:02 PM »

after pressing the button next to the "X" press enter!
Orion
Beta tester

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2010, 06:20:31 PM »

I believe it only works if you have the improved HUD by Jivko Rusev (see this thread: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2342.0).
jkatz098

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2010, 12:34:47 AM »

When i click the X it jumps to the Y and i cannot get it to stay on X
Gdex

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2011, 02:55:39 AM »

I can’t seem to be able to have both ATTH and either HSEL or NAV on at the same time. For example, if the A/P is on HSEL, and I manually adjust the pitch and throttle to get the climbing rate I want, then when I click on ATTH so that the A/P will maintain the current attitude, HSEL goes off. The same thing happens if I use CPL (to NAV) instead of HSEL. Has anyone run into this problem? Any solution?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: