Author Topic: BOARDING SEQUENCE OF FLIGHT CREW  (Read 2721 times)

quentcor

BOARDING SEQUENCE OF FLIGHT CREW
« on: October 17, 2018, 11:27:24 am »
Hi Umberto,
I'd like to suggest the following change to the GSX boarding sequence to include in a future update.

The Captain, First Officer and Cabin Crew should board shortly after the ding sound when a jetway connects to an aircraft, not at the front end of all the passengers. My reason for this is that the Captain and First Officer have checklists to work through in preparing the aircraft for departure and the Flight Attendants must receive food and refreshments delivered from the catering vehicles and make the passengers' cabin ready for them. This would align GSX to what happens in the real world.

The deboarding sequence works great and needs no alteration.

Regards,
Quentin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: BOARDING SEQUENCE OF FLIGHT CREW
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 02:52:41 pm »
This has already been discussed and answered many times on the forum and yes, we are planning to add the ability to control the crew boarding separately with a future update.

Papagiorgio

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 11:46:19 pm »
Also, if there is a way to shorten the boarding of the passengers, as it really takes a great while for them to get on a T7.

Papagiorgio

frogs

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 06:06:55 pm »
Also, if there is a way to shorten the boarding of the passengers, as it really takes a great while for them to get on a T7.

Papagiorgio

I think the boarding time is now tied to the density of passengers (density can be changed in the settings) with the higher density of passengers, the faster they board (this can be seen visually). The only downside is a probable performance decrease.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 10:21:18 am »

As already replied, the Passenger Density has a direct effect on the boarding/deboarding time, which of course is explained on the GSX Manual, at Page 26:

Since passengers are now no longer simulated, but will appear as actual animated characters, the original timings in seconds/passenger will not be meaningful anymore: the time required to board passengers will be a combination of their walking speed and their density. Each passenger has its own walking speed, which depends by its
animation and walking style, but it’s possible to control the passenger Density, which will affect the number of animated passengers visible on screen at any given time.

Setting the slider towards the highest density settings will shorten boarding and deboarding times, but with some cost in performances.

However, that's only one aspect of the boarding time. As in real life, if you have only 1 jetway, passengers will take more time than with a bus with 3 stairs.

That's why there are usually 2 jetways in heavy parking where a 777 will be, and why GSX L2 has all those jetways customization options and why its a jetway+passengers product in the first place: the two are clearly related, in real life operation.

quentcor

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 08:49:44 am »
I don't have a problem with the boarding time of passengers. In real life on an A320, boarding will commence approx. 30 to 45 minutes before scheduled departure time and from my experience practically all this time is used to get a full A320's passengers on board and settled.

There are two ways to shorten boarding time. Either increase the speed of boarding in the GSX settings, which tends to look unrealistic, or after you press 4 for boarding on the coutl menu and a green bar with suggested numbers pops up, in my case it is usually 155, reduce the number of passengers to whatever meets your time requirements. Obviously, fewer passengers board faster. Six crew (2 flight deck plus 4 cabin crew) plus 150 passengers take approx. 10 minutes to board. Six crew plus 22 passengers board in about 4 minutes.

I hope my original post re the boarding sequence of the flight crew is still on the future updates list!