Author Topic: some questions  (Read 11230 times)

mroschk

some questions
« on: October 11, 2018, 11:30:33 pm »
Hello,

i have some questions:

1. How do you estimate / count the number of passengers? Payload divided by Pax weight maybe ? If yes, what weight for one Passenger and how can i change it?

2. When i set my Airplane to a position at any airport, the Bugrad is nearly on the Stop Line of the Poition. But when i use the Marshaller, the Bugrad is far over the Stopline. Means he stops me too late.
What can be the reason for that? See screens

3. Last time i test the Catering Service and after the service was finished, the Catering Car crashes directly in the Wing of the airplane.
Can you avoid that if it is possible ?

4. Sometimes at the real airport, the Deboarding/Boarding and the Catering service is at the same time.
Is that also possible in  GSX?

Thanks
Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: some questions
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 10:38:18 am »
1. How do you estimate / count the number of passengers? Payload divided by Pax weight maybe ?

Quoting from the GSX Manual, Page 21:

Deboarding time

GSX will calculate Deboarding time by estimating the number of passengers on board, which equals to the sum of all the stations in the [weight_and_balance] section of the aircraft.cfg of the airplane in use, divided by 220 lbs. which is an industry standard method of calculating how much a single passenger + baggages weights, in average.

If yes, what weight for one Passenger and how can i change it?

Quoting from the GSX Manual, Page 29:

Estimate passengers number

If this option is disabled, GSX will always ask confirmation from the user about the number of passengers onboard. If the option is enabled, GSX will estimate the passenger number automatically, without asking confirmation. By default, the option is enabled, which mimics the standard behavior GSX always had until this version.

2. When i set my Airplane to a position at any airport, the Bugrad is nearly on the Stop Line of the Poition. But when i use the Marshaller, the Bugrad is far over the Stopline. Means he stops me too late. What can be the reason for that? See screens

I cannot quote the whole paragraph here, but I suggest reading the "Understanding the Stop Position chapter", Page 39 of the GSX Manual

3. Last time i test the Catering Service and after the service was finished, the Catering Car crashes directly in the Wing of the airplane.
Can you avoid that if it is possible ?

You don't say which airplane you used and how it was configured and you don't say which catering you are referring to (front or back ). With some smaller planes, the catering simply doesn't fit on the front door so, you should simply disable the door.

4. Sometimes at the real airport, the Deboarding/Boarding and the Catering service is at the same time. Is that also possible in  GSX?

It's not. If it was, you would have complained the Catering Car would crash into the baggage loaders instead.

mroschk

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 11:46:18 am »
a single passenger + baggages weights

220 lbs is around 99 kg. The Passenger does not carry his Baggage into the Airplane.
So the weight is wrong calculated.
Can we have a settings in the GSX Settings dialog to set up the weight?
Also because it is calculated with different weights for different airlines.

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/pilot_handbook/media/phak%20-%20chapter%2009.pdf

Estimate passengers number

If this option is disabled, GSX will always ask confirmation from the user about the number of passengers onboard. If the option is enabled, GSX will estimate the passenger number automatically, without asking confirmation. By default, the option is enabled, which mimics the standard behavior GSX always had until this version.

I dont want to be asked for the Passenger number because 1 i have a homecockpit, so i dont want to use a keyboard and 2. as above , some airlines calculating with different weights. Prosim737, whiich i have to use, is calculating only 70kg/pax ( i know i is very less, bit not possible to change here )

I cannot quote the whole paragraph here, but I suggest reading the "Understanding the Stop Position chapter", Page 39 of the GSX Manual

Sorry, i dont understand that. Why do you taking the Pax Door into account??
The Stop position at the Airport are never used like this. The Stop position Lines at the Airport are alway for the Nose Gear, that is for sure.

You don't say which airplane you used and how it was configured and you don't say which catering you are referring to (front or back ). With some smaller planes, the catering simply doesn't fit on the front door so, you should simply disable the door.
Using Prosim737, so i just fly the 738, nothing else.
There are 2 Pax Doors on the Left side, which are oened always together, 2 Service doors on the right side, also opening always together and 2 cargo doors for the lower deck which i can open seperately.
So there are always 2 Service cars comming. But also the little Baggage Cars are driving under the Wings, which is not possible for a 737-800.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 12:14:55 pm by mroschk »

mroschk

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 12:03:54 pm »
by the way :

They stop the plane when their nose wheel reaches their stop line. Each aircraft has a different stop in line, which ensures that the jet bridge, from where the passengers disembark lines up with the main cabin door.

and

Just expanding on Oliver’s answer, the jetways are flexible but have a certain range of movement closer to or further away from the terminal wall, as well as up and down. So the optimum parking location has been determined, and the marshaller (the guy with the wands), or the automated lighting system will tell the captain when his nosewheel is on the mark for his/her aircraft.

from here:
https://www.baatraining.com/what-is-aircraft-marshalling/

« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 12:06:35 pm by mroschk »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 12:55:19 pm »
220 lbs is around 99 kg. The Passenger does not carry his Baggage into the Airplane. So the weight is wrong calculated.

No, it's not.

The load IS correct, because loading stations in FSX/P3D represent BOTH passenger + luggage, so it is correct to divide by 220 lbs, which is the industry standard for how much a passenger + luggage weights, on average. We can only estimate, because the simulator doesn't provide with a payload TYPE, we don't know if a payload station is passenger only, luggage or just cargo.

This means. this calculation is not accurate only when the airplane has a "combi" configuration, which some cargo space. That's another reason why the "Estimate Passenger Number" exists.

Can we have a settings in the GSX Settings dialog to set up the weight?

Not required. Since that weight is used only to estimate the passenger number, it's enough to disable the "Estimate Passenger Number" weight, so you can just set the final passenger number directly.

I dont want to be asked for the Passenger number because 1 i have a homecockpit, so i dont want to use a keyboard and 2. as above , some airlines calculating with different weights. Prosim737, whiich i have to use, is calculating only 70kg/pax ( i know i is very less, bit not possible to change here )

Then you can just set your airplane payload before the flight, so you won't have to confirm the passenger number.

Setting a different weight divider (something else instead of 220 lbs) won't solve anything, really, because the estimate will STILL be wrong if the airplane has a Combi configuration so, it's way more accurate to just override the passenger numbers.

In addition to that, GSX also allows airplane developers to set the passenger number directly, fully documented in the manual. The FS Labs Airbus use it already.

Sorry, i dont understand that. Why do you taking the Pax Door into account??

Because having the passenger door in a predictable position (for jetways) is the main reason for having different stopping positions on ground. And no, we don't take "just" the preferred exit into account, but its RELATIONSHIP with the Nose wheel!

The Stop position at the Airport are never used like this. The Stop position Lines at the Airport are alway for the Nose Gear, that is for sure.

The EFFECT is you'll see the front gear in different places depending on the airplane type. But what is *causing* this ? The CAUSE is having designed the different stop position taking into account the distance from the front gear in relationship to the preferred exit.

They stop the plane when their nose wheel reaches their stop line. Each aircraft has a different stop in line, which ensures that the jet bridge, from where the passengers disembark lines up with the main cabin door.

There's nothing in this sentence that contradicts what I said or how GSX works. In fact, it only confirms it.

If you customize a parking with a plane that has its preferred exit in a certain place, and place its nosewheel on a certain stop line, when you use the parking with ANOTHER airplane, which will likely have its own preferred exit and its own nosewheel in a different position, what you'll see is precisely what you are expecting:

- The nosewheel of the new airplane will go in a DIFFERENT stop position, exactly as it should.

- The preferred exit of the new airplane, instead, will be in the same position as it was the preferred exit of the airplane used to customize the parking, allowing for an easier jetway resolving, since if it resolves fine with that original airplane, it will likely work with the new one, unless they are very different in height, so a different jetway model with more reach might be required.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 01:03:47 pm by virtuali »

mroschk

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 02:48:09 pm »
No, it's not.
Not required
Then you can just set your airplane payload before the flight, so you won't have to confirm the passenger number.

I did not expect any other Answer from you, because it is all the Time the same.
I dont know your Problem.

But you are not right.
Pssengers siting in compartments 1-4 and cargo is loaded in 5-6.
So, if a passenger steps out of the Airplane, the Baggage did not step out with him, the Baggage is unloaded by the Belt loader.
With Topcat, or directly or with the P3D Dialog i can load the Pax only or Pax + her payload.
Attached you can see this. First 7 persons = 350 kg, 5-11, 12-21 and 22-30 all 10 Pax = 700 kg.
So overall = 37 Pax.
GSX calculated only 28 Pax.

Even i told you the reason why i dont want to enter the pax numbers ( becuse i am in the Home cockpit if you forget )

What is so hard for you to make another input box in the setup for the Pax weight??
That could not be sooo hard.

About the Stop line, i dont understnd you.
What can be misunderstand in this sentence?? But i will make it shorter for you
They stop the plane when their nose wheel reaches their stop line

There is nothing to misunderstand.
What dou you think , why they paint these lines on the ground??
How should the Marshaller see if the Door is over the Stop Line?? He can not see that !!

If you dont want to change anything, just say it. That saves my Time and also your time!

mroschk

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 02:56:24 pm »
btw, pls show me a 747 , which stand with the Nose Wheel sooooo far away from the Stop line as in your Manual  ::)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 08:03:48 pm »
btw, pls show me a 747 , which stand with the Nose Wheel sooooo far away from the Stop line as in your Manual  ::)

One that will dock the jetway on the 2nd door and won't use the 1st door. That's why the 747 is usually the first stop line on ground, the one closes to the gate.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 08:09:18 pm »
About the Stop line, i dont understnd you.

Yes, that was the main point. You DO NOT understand me.

What can be misunderstand in this sentence?? But i will make it shorter for you
They stop the plane when their nose wheel reaches their stop line

Even in color, it still confirms what I've said.

There is nothing to misunderstand.

Exactly. So, why you don't seem to understand ?

What dou you think , why they paint these lines on the ground??

Precisely for the reason to have different planes stopping their nosewheel on DIFFERENT position, to have the door ending up in a PREDICTABLE position. Which is exactly what's happening now. Provide, of course, you DO set the Stop Position. With any airplane, it doesn't matter, that was the main point.

How should the Marshaller see if the Door is over the Stop Line?? He can not see that !!

Exactly, the marshaller doesn't care where the door will end up. He will guide with the nosewheel, that's EXACTLY what will happen in the way GSX uses the Stop Position right now. The NOSEWHEEL WILL end up in different positions.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 08:11:14 pm by virtuali »

mroschk

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 08:18:27 pm »
The Nosewheel have not to end in "different positions", it HAS TO END ON THE RESPECTIVE STOP LINE and not anywhere else , like in GSX now.
Pls ask a Marshaller bevore you communicate complete wrong things.

Where is the Picture with a 747 stands with the Nose WHEEL over his Stop Line ???

Special for you, A380 on A380 Line and also the 747 stops on the 747 Line and NEVER ROLL OVER THIS LINE !!

« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 08:30:41 pm by mroschk »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 08:37:17 pm »
The Nosewheel have not to end in "different positions", it HAS TO END ON THE RESPECTIVE STOP LINE and not anywhere else , like in GSX now.

You still don't understand. I haven't said the Nosewheel of an airplane will "randomly" end up in different positions, depending on who knows what. I obviously meant that DIFFERENT airplanes will have their Nosewheel ON THEIR RESPECTIVE STOP LINE. And yes, IT IS exactly how GSX works now!

Pls ask a Marshaller bevore you communicate complete wrong things.

And you first try to understand what I'm saying.

Where is the Picture with a 747 stands with the Nose WHEEL over his Stop Line ???

Here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kenjet/4383245837

As you can see, the 747 position is clearly much further ahead then the ones for the A320/737s, because the stop lines have been designed assuming it will use the jetway on the 2nd door, so it must stop much further ahead, in order to have 2nd door roughly in the same position as an A320 or a 737 would have THEIR main door, considering their smaller sizes and the different position of their own main door AND the relationship between their own main door and their own Nosewheel.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 08:55:57 pm »
Pssengers siting in compartments 1-4 and cargo is loaded in 5-6.

That's PRECISELY why I said we cannot know from the simulator WHAT a payload station represents. It can be anything: a single person, a whole class of passengers, or a cargo area, without knowing if the cargo belongs to the passengers or not. A station is "just" a station.

Which means, of course, to get a ROUGH estimate of the number of passengers on board, we can only threat the SUM of all stations to represent pax+cargo, because that's the only assumption we can do about what they represent.

Which means, of course, the only calculation that makes sense, to arrive at the passenger number, is to divide this sum, that represent pax+cargo, by the average weight of a SINGLE pax+cargo, that is 220 lbs.

So, if a passenger steps out of the Airplane, the Baggage did not step out with him, the Baggage is unloaded by the Belt loader.

Now you are adding an entirely different issue, which is a complete different matter. GSX DOES NOT do progressive loading/unloading of anything. It doesn't touch the payload.

Some airplanes can do that so, only in THESE cases, assuming they would communicate with GSX, you can eventually discuss if and when luggage is loaded in relationship to the passengers. But if the airplane supports communication with GSX, it WILL just send its own Passenger Number to GSX, without any need to estimate it, and that's how it works, if the airplane supports this.

With Topcat, or directly or with the P3D Dialog i can load the Pax only or Pax + her payload.
Attached you can see this. First 7 persons = 350 kg, 5-11, 12-21 and 22-30 all 10 Pax = 700 kg.
So overall = 37 Pax.
GSX calculated only 28 Pax.

And where's their luggage ? You had 2730 kg of Pax, and 0 Kg of Cargo. Do you find realistic that 37 pax will bring *nothing* in the cargo bay ? With 2730 kg ( 6018 lbs ) in total, GSX calculated 28 passengers, which is 6018 lbs / 220.

If you added their luggage to the cargo hold, for example 50 lbs for each person (which is usually what is allowed without paying extra for checked-in baggage ), the total would have been 6018 + ( 50 lbs * 37 ) = 7868 lbs / 220 lbs = 35.7, which GSX would have rounded to 36.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 08:58:21 pm by virtuali »

mroschk

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2018, 09:42:48 pm »
Here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kenjet/4383245837

As you can see, the 747 position is clearly much further ahead then the ones for the A320/737s

i am sorry, but i see no 747 on that picture.

You dont understand that i say "THE NOSE WHEEL (of the Airplane) WILL NEVER STAND OVER THE RESPECTIVE LINE"
I shurely know how a Parking Stand looks like with the different Stop Lines for the different Airplanes.

But the Nose Wheel of the 737-800 will ALWAYS STAND ON THE 737-800 Stop line and the 747 at the 747 Stop Line.
If there are no different Stop lines at a Position, the Nose Wheel of EVERY AIRPLAN will end up on this Line and never go over this Line.

About the Pax, it was a example load for you.
But even, if a Pax steps out of the Airplane, he will never carry all his Baggage, The Baggage is unloaded via the Belt loader.

I also discuss ONLY about the COUNTING of the Passanger, not on how much Baggage a Pax are allowed to take with.

do not try to turn the word around in my mouth

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2018, 10:14:00 pm »
i am sorry, but i see no 747 on that picture.

What difference it makes ? It shows where a 747 nosewheel is supposed to park, which is very far ahead compared to a 737, just like the diagram in the GSX manual. BECAUSE the different door position is what caused the stop positions to be different in the first place.

You dont understand that i say "THE NOSE WHEEL (of the Airplane) WILL NEVER STAND OVER THE RESPECTIVE LINE"

Why you keep repeating I "don't understand", when it's clear you don't understand me either ?

But the Nose Wheel of the 737-800 will ALWAYS STAND ON THE 737-800 Stop line and the 747 at the 747 Stop Line.

That's exactly what I said, and what I meant, and how GSX will work.

If there are no different Stop lines at a Position, the Nose Wheel of EVERY AIRPLAN will end up on this Line and never go over this Line.

This is an entirely different issue, and is not relevant. Those parking spots are usually in the open, where there's no jetway involved, so the final door position (hence the nosewheel), doesn't matter.

About the Pax, it was a example load for you.

But it was unrealistic. If you did a realistic load (people having their luggage in the cargo hold), GSX would have produced a VERY accurate estimate, 36 against your expected 37, which is of course due to 220 lbs being an *average* figure.

But even, if a Pax steps out of the Airplane, he will never carry all his Baggage, The Baggage is unloaded via the Belt loader.

Not relevant, since GSX doesn't even try to change the payload while it's boarding. It only tries to calculated a possible number of passengers based on the payload of the airplane.

If the airplane has a progressive load simulation, either GSX will work with it, so the Passenger Number will always be correct (because the AIRPLANE said so!), or it will not, so you'll have to disable the Estimate Passenger option in any case.

Changing 220 lbs constant as you suggest won't fix anything if the airplane is loading either passengers or cargo progressively.

I also discuss ONLY about the COUNTING of the Passanger, not on how much Baggage a Pax are allowed to take with.

Not sure how this is relevant. For the counting to stop, a total number of passengers must be calculated in advance.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:17:15 pm by virtuali »

mroschk

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2018, 11:34:51 pm »
That's exactly what I said, and what I meant, and how GSX will work.

YYYEEEESSSSS, but look in the first Picture ... GSX point my Nose Wheel of my 737-800 a way too far !!!
I never end on the respective line for the 738 !!!!

When i use the P3Dv4 to position my Aircraft i end up with the Nose Wheel on the Line, When i use GSX i end up too far with the nose wheel, not on the Stop Line.
Why would you not understand this.
It is not too hard to unerstand, also for you, because it seams you did not know how that works in real Live.