Author Topic: Passenger Heads poking up through roof of the FSDT default jetways **SOLVED**  (Read 2210 times)

rcoultas62

Hello Umberto,

First off thank you for your work on GSX 2! I'm enjoying it very much. 

I replaced all of the P3D v4 default jetways using the FSDT GSX Control Panel.  During Boarding/De-boarding, my passenger's heads are sticking up above the ceiling of the FSDT SODE jetways. Anyway for me to adjust the level of the passengers?

Thanks,
Randall

* P3d v4.3
* default KVPS Gate 1-3

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 12:36:11 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passenger Heads poking up through roof of the FSDT default jetways
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 09:33:58 pm »
I replaced all of the P3D v4 default jetways using the FSDT GSX Control Panel.  During Boarding/De-boarding, my passenger's heads are sticking up above the ceiling of the FSDT SODE jetways. Anyway for me to adjust the level of the passengers?

The problem are not the passengers, it's the jetway too low, because you have a conflicting AFCAD that has changed the altitude at the airport. Do you use OrbX vector ? If yes, try turning off the airport in the AEC utility.

rcoultas62

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 01:41:02 am »
I figured as much.  I do not use ORBX Vector anymore for this very reason, hence no AEC tool available at the moment. Until they update Vector to be able to locate xml addons, it's just too much of a headache.  So I'll see if I can locate a rouge conflicting AFCAD. 

Thank you for the response.

rcoultas62

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 03:32:20 am »
I'm stumped.  I don't use Vector.  The default jetways work fine and the elevation looks good...i.e. no passengers with heads poking through jetways. I install the GSX2 jetway default replacements, and the elevation changes with slightly sunken jetways and heads sticking through roof again.  In the customize airport menu GSX is using the same AFCAD (APX24210.bgl from p3d Scenery/0302/scenery folder) I searched entire computer for any KVPS and could not find any other AFCAD. Could Ultimate Traffic Live be conflicting? That's the only addon I know of that would alter my KVPS default afcad? I guess I'll just have to chock this up to P3D oddity, unless there are any other ideas?  Thanks again for the help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 10:40:24 am »
You surely must have a conflicting AFCAD somewhere, one that changed the elevation of the airport. Try to use the Simple Airport Scanner utility here, to see if it finds anything:

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

rcoultas62

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 05:25:16 am »
Umberto,

Thank you for the link.  The Simple Airport Scanner didn't turn up anything glaring in my scan.  I ran Scan then searched for KVPS. It didn't turn up any additional airports.  On a whim I decided to rename my scenery.cfg file and move it to my desktop for safe keeping.

I then started P3d v4 and let it rebuild a new scenery.cfg file.  Low and Behold!  All of the elevation issues with KVPS seem to be fixed.  I then exited P3d v4, disabled the default jetways via the GSX control panel, restarted P3d, relocated to Gate G1 at KVPS and everything looks great!  I selected deboard from the GSX menu, and I'm happy to report no passenger heads poking out the top of jetway.

I really appreciate you taking the time and giving me the tools and knowledge to trouble shoot this problem which was not even a GSX problem in the first place.  For that I'm grateful....mark this solved!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 05:27:01 am by rcoultas62 »