Author Topic: GSX Jetway Issue (No Jetways Appearing)  (Read 6348 times)

sedo0123

GSX Jetway Issue (No Jetways Appearing)
« on: October 12, 2018, 04:32:05 pm »
Hello guys! I wanted to share with you the issue that I have since GSX Level 2 update. As you can see from the image below my jetways disappeared. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling GSX but it didn't solve my issue. Then I tried repairing my P3D Client. It didn't solve either. My GSX is activated but I don't have level 2 expansion. How can I solve this issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Jetway Issue (No Jetways Appearing)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 08:02:16 pm »
You don't say which scenery is that one, and which jetway it uses. Installing the latest GSX installer will disable ONLY default jetways that used the default model.

It that scenery, which doesn't look like a default scenery, used its own custom jetways or SODE jetways, whatever the reason why they disappeared, it's NOT caused by GSX.

You must do quite a bit of work, before you can disable jetways in a 3rd party scenery so, it simply cannot happen by accident.

sedo0123

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 12:30:28 am »
You don't say which scenery is that one, and which jetway it uses. Installing the latest GSX installer will disable ONLY default jetways that used the default model.

It that scenery, which doesn't look like a default scenery, used its own custom jetways or SODE jetways, whatever the reason why they disappeared, it's NOT caused by GSX.

You must do quite a bit of work, before you can disable jetways in a 3rd party scenery so, it simply cannot happen by accident.

Thanks for the reply. It’s Taxi2Gate LTBA and it doesn’t use the SODE jetways. It has standart jetways that are operated with CTRL+J. What may cause this? In a long period of time the only change that I did in my sim was updating the GSX. So this is why I’m suspicious about that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 12:38:29 am »
It has standart jetways that are operated with CTRL+J. What may cause this? In a long period of time the only change that I did in my sim was updating the GSX.

It depends if they used the default model or not.

It's very unusual for a 3rd party developer to use the default model, but if they did, they would be *disabled* AND *replaced* by GSX SODE model, just like in a default scenery. A CTRL+J that use a custom model CANNOT be replaced automatically by GSX: you must do all the following to exclude them:

- Create an exclude area with the GSX parking editor. This would cause a GSX/SODE jetway to appear on top of the old jetway.

- Exit the sim and launch the GSX Control Panel

- Compile the exclude file for that airport.

- Restart the sim. This should result in the old jetway removed, leaving only the GSX/SODE in place.

The only possible way that it might be related to having used GSX and ending up with NO jetway is if you DID all of this, then you uninstalled GSX Level 2, so the jetway is not visible because your Exclude file is still there (the GSX uninstaller won't remove your own Exclude files), but the GSX replacement is not there anymore, because you uninstalled GSX.

If that's not the case, there's no way the jetway disappeared because of GSX.

sedo0123

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 02:54:18 am »
I see. Where can the exclude files be found? By the way my GSX is installed and active in my system right now. (Without Level 2 Expansion)
Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 01:00:35 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 01:02:40 pm »
I see. Where can the exclude files be found? By the way my GSX is installed and active in my system right now. (Without Level 2 Expansion)

Assuming you are using the latest GSX installer, which *contains* the Level 2 Expansion files (although you might not have purchased the license, so the Level 2 features are in Trial), if you start the GSX Control Panel utility, it will show you a list of all the Exclude files you created, which you can select and remove by pressing the DEL key on any one.