Author Topic: Jetways on roof KBOI airport  (Read 7833 times)

tkemp66

Jetways on roof KBOI airport
« on: October 04, 2018, 08:00:01 pm »
First of all I love the new features of GSX v.2 and still trying to figure it out. As far as I can tell, it works fine with all default airports and 99.99% of 3rd party airports...except for KBOI by SceneryBuilders. I just purchased ad installed it today but cannot figure out this problem. I sent the developer a report on the issue and is awaiting their response. In the main time I thought I would check here to see if someone have an idea how to resolve. I currently own ORBX Global, Vectors, FTX, Open LC North America and all of the Regions including FTX CRM (Central Rocky Mountain), and FS Global, and pretty much all of your US airports except KDFW. I have attempted numerous configuration including disabling FTX CRM.bgl for KBOI, which incidentally, realigned the jetways with the airport, but unfortunately, also left sink holes around airport. Please note that each time I made a change to scenery, I re-ran make runways, FSDT Live update, and also FTX Global Vectors. Nothing seems to work.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Troy
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 08:02:08 pm by tkemp66 »
Troy Kemp

tkemp66

Re: Jetways on roof KBOI airport
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 09:36:33 pm »
Well it looks like the developers only suggestion was to disable KBOI blg files under ORBX. This only made things worse. So I'm hoping this is the right place to find help on fixing my issue with the floating Jetways at KBOI. Thanks

Troy
Troy Kemp

ieydis

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 11:18:26 pm »
Funny you posted this today - I did as well:  http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19207.0.html

Issue seems to also affect some default airports while others aren't affected.  Hoping to hear an answer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 12:54:19 pm »
Well it looks like the developers only suggestion was to disable KBOI blg files under ORBX. This only made things worse. So I'm hoping this is the right place to find help on fixing my issue with the floating Jetways at KBOI. Thanks

Exactly, if you have OrbX vector, disable the airport in their AEC utility. Please explain what do you mean with "made things worse". Do the jetways go back to ground ?

tkemp66

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 05:17:28 pm »
His suggestion was to "delete 4-5 files that comes up from searching for KBOI under F:\Prepar3D v4\ORBX, which is where I have P3dv4.3 installed. The four files that came up were a ABP_KBOI.bgl, ADE_FTX_CRM_KBOI_Boise_Air_Terminal-Gowen_CVX, ADE_FTX_CRM_KBOI_Boise_Air_Terminal-Gowen.bgl, FTX_CRM_objects_KBOI_PLC. Instead of deleting them, I just turned them off by adding .OFF after BGL. Doing so created elevation issues over the entire airport and surrounding areas of the city. If I turn OFF only the first two files, everything goes back into their normal place except your Jetways.

Troy
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 05:21:33 pm by tkemp66 »
Troy Kemp

tkemp66

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 06:02:34 pm »
The other thing I noticed, is that your jetway numbers are wrong. The ones on the terminal are correct. If there was only an option to customize the jetway to MOVE DOWN, that would be nice. Is there any way to remove your jetways from this airport?

There is one thing I forgot to mention. The default jetways for this airport was automatically replaced by your jetways. I was never given an option to configure it. Perhaps maybe uninstalling GSX and KBOI, then reinstalling KBOI then GSX might work. I'll try that

Troy
Troy Kemp

tkemp66

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 06:43:40 pm »
I uninstalled GSX, disabled KBOI 3rd party airport, re-ran make runways and vector and the default KBOI loaded up fine. I then re-enabled KBOI 3rd party airport, re-ran make runways and vectors again and KBOI 3rd party airport looks fine. This is without GSX installation....See image

Stay tuned for GSX installation...

Troy
Troy Kemp

tkemp66

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 07:03:46 pm »
After GSX install...Not Good  :'(
Hopefully you guys an help because I certainly do not know where the problem lies.

Troy
Troy Kemp

tkemp66

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 07:34:03 am »

Exactly, if you have OrbX vector, disable the airport in their AEC utility. Please explain what do you mean with "made things worse". Do the jetways go back to ground ?

Can you do me a favor and see if KBOI exist in vectors AEC in your ORBX folder please?

Troy
Troy Kemp

tkemp66

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 02:15:30 am »
I still need help with this issue. GSX does not work at this airport and I'm sitting in limbo. KBOI airport does not exist in Vectors AEC, so there is no way to disable whatever it is I'm suppose to be disabling. Based on ORBX website, not all airports are available in vector. What I do know is that the default KBOI works fine with GSX but when GSX replaces the jetways for this third party airport, GSX jetways are placed on the roof, with the incorrect gate numbers. I need help..

Troy
Troy Kemp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 09:19:20 am »
Could be you have another altitude-correction AFCAD for this scenery under Scenery\World\Scenery ?

tkemp66

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 02:27:04 pm »
The only thing I have is (ADE_FTX_CRM_KBOI_elevation_adjustment.BGL). This is part of ORBX Central Rockies region. I also disabled it to see if it would make a difference but it didn't.

Troy
Troy Kemp

tkemp66

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2018, 01:31:27 am »
BTW, I ran FSDT updater yesterday and today and still the same issue

Troy
Troy Kemp

Midnight Music

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2018, 02:57:10 am »
I had this problem at MROC. Here's what I did. I made a very basic AFCAD using the software from the link below. Because of ORBX the airport is shown to be at 2997 feet, approx. The default in P3D V4 is 3021 feet. GSX reads the default so the gates appear up high. I did not like disabling the AEC file in ORBX because the airport gets messed up in the North America LC from Orbx. By creating my own basic AFCAD and resetting the altitude to the Orbx altitude, GSX now reads the new AFCAD and puts the gates at the correct altitude. I think this is the best way to do it.

http://www.scruffyduck.org/airport-design-editor/4584106799

Lee

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2018, 12:43:11 pm »
GSX reads the default so the gates appear up high.

GSX reads both files now, including the elevation correction .BGL. But the issue is, it seems the ones from OrbX are placed in a very low layer, just above the default terrain, but BELOW all the airports.

Since GSX respect the Scenery Library layer priority, it will give the default airport an higher priority, because it HAS an higher priority so, whatever altitude it read from the OrbX altitude correction .BGL, will be overwritten by the altitude set in the default AFCAD, which DOES have an higher priority.

I though it seemed weird to have an altitude correction file below the airports, but another user asked on OrbX forum, and they replied this is the way it should be.

Now, your report seems even more puzzling because, what you did, was to create *another* altitude correction file, not unlike the ones from OrbX, but you placed on an higher level and, sure enough, GSX read its altitude, and everything's working fine.

So, I now wonder why OrbX asks to have their altitude correction files below the airports, since yours works fine. Is your file able to fix issues like the plateau effect on airports with sloped runways ?