Author Topic: Tutorial - Mass-replace jetways on a 3rd party airport in less than 4 minutes  (Read 29814 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
This new tutorial shows how to use the new "filter" button we added recently, which can be used to quickly select all parkings with a jetway, and have all jetways replaced at once. The scenery is Gatwick Extreme from UK2000.

And note that, of the 3:53 minutes the video lasts, 1:20 was lost restarting the sim for the initial creation of the exclude file so, it's really 2:30 of actual *work*.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 11:20:13 am by virtuali »

Pilot148

Hi,
Sound is missing on the Video

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Sound is missing on the Video

It's not supposed to have any sound.

It was made only to show that is possible to replace all jetways at once very quickly, which was required, since lots of users didn't seem to know you can do multiple selections at once. Don't think an audio would have added much to it.

Pilot148

Ok, I understand.
Thanks!

dmatthieu2

This is a pretty cool feature and thanks FSD for making GSX more intuitive. I do have 1 question. Running SODE 1.6.3 ...they designed SODE jetways to automatically dock onto AI aircraft at the gate. In my case, I've replaced all static jetways at VTBS with GSX Exp 2 jetways. And it's wonderful and looks great. However, the jetways only work for my aircraft and not the other AI aircraft. Is there a way to make these jetways auto-dock to the AI at the gates?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Is there a way to make these jetways auto-dock to the AI at the gates?

We are working at this feature, which will require both a GSX and a SODE update.

Aang72

Does this trick apply to your Chicago and Hawaii airports?  Both of them are without the SODE jetways, or did I miss something up in installing?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
We haven't done the Hawaii airports yet. The old O'Hare won't be updated, since we are working on an entirely new version.

Timothy Metzinger

Just want to say thank you for both the YouTube Tutorials, they really helped me figure out how to make changes at third party airports.   I took the lessons learned and had replaced all the gates at KMCI Terminal B in less than five minutes, and in less than an hour I'd gotten the SWA gates properly aligned and in the right livery, including adding a couple of bridges.

I know that 95% of what you'll see in support forums is problem reports and complaints (often driven to hyperbole by the frustration of the moment), so I think it's important to give positive feedback too.  This product is significantly enhancing my simulation experience and is getting better all the time.

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
I watched your YouTube video about how to exclude default jetways. It won’t exclude at KMYR developed by Yhe Airport Guys. I went into their Scenery folder and looked for any “jetway” but there isn’t any. How can I remove default jetways?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
It won’t exclude at KMYR developed by Yhe Airport Guys. I went into their Scenery folder and looked for any “jetway” but there isn’t any. How can I remove default jetways?

As explained in the GSX manual, and in so many threads on this forum, in order for a jetway to be removable, it must be a proper animated CTRL+J jetway, modeled separately and included in the scenery AFCAD, which is the only way to create a default animated jetway.

If the scenery already has SODE jetways, they cannot excluded with this method and, instead, you must act on their XML SODE configuration file. I don't think replacing SODE jetways is worth the effort though.

If the scenery has static jetways, they can replaced with this method ONLY if they are been modeled as independent objects. If they are part of the terminal building, they cannot be excluded with an exclude file and, instead, you must really edit the scenery itself, which is fairly difficult, but CAN be one.

hjmx

What is the purpose of this "tutorial"? the first 15 seconds are blurred and then it so fast that I cannot follow it ... Is this a speed contest?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
What is the purpose of this "tutorial"? the first 15 seconds are blurred and then it so fast that I cannot follow it ... Is this a speed contest?

The video is very clear, and you can of course adjust the video playback speed on YouTube.

lwc.711022

I can see nothing shown on my GSX customizing airport setting page, is there anything I can do?
This happen in all airport, no matter with or without custom profile have been set up before/installed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I can see nothing shown on my GSX customizing airport setting page

Already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17211.0.html