Author Topic: KFLL Launch Promotions  (Read 36468 times)

altstiff

• My F/O is a dog
    • Visit my flightsim blog..
Re: KFLL Launch Promotions
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 02:20:54 am »
I seen the discount but after  hit the final sale button I was not discounted.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 02:23:15 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 02:25:54 am »
Sorry but, as I've said, that's just not possible.

It only happened once a few months ago, with a customer that had his connection dropped in the middle of the transaction, so he tried again without checking the final confirmation page again, and he didn't noticed the coupon that was missing.

As I've said, you should really contact Esellerate support at support@esellerate.net, giving your order number, they might be able to explain what's happened.

Bigmac72

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 03:12:34 am »
I think if you purchase any of these sceneries you should get a discount anyway
Brian McErlean

altstiff

• My F/O is a dog
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 04:28:21 am »
Umberto I know what I seen. I would not have confirmed the order. It is not my first time ordering on line. If I go back and forth or not, if the price tag before confirming the order says I'm getting a discount I should get one.

Thanks for calling me blind and stupid....

I sent them an e-mail.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 09:40:24 am »
Umberto I know what I seen. I would not have confirmed the order. It is not my first time ordering on line. If I go back and forth or not, if the price tag before confirming the order says I'm getting a discount I should get one.

As I've said, there might have been a very uncommon case were, if the internet connection dropped or timed-out during the transaction, and if there was some kind of screen or button that asked to retry, in this case only, the transaction would have been repeated without giving you the chance to go back and fix the Coupon, that was emptied anyway. Please note, this happened only once since we are using Esellerate.

Thanks for calling me blind and stupid... sent them an e-mail.

I haven't. Not having noticed the correct amount in the final page, doesn't obviously mean you are blind, and much less "stupid".

And don't get upset so easily: if Esellerate confirms there was a problem like that, and you really haven't got a chance to notice the correct amount and fix the Coupon, we can give you a full refund, so you can purchase it another time with the discount, or give you another Coupon for something else.

The system works, otherwise people wouldn't be able to purchase with the discount (and we are getting many orders with the discount applied), we are not trying to trick you into purchasing with a discount that doesn't exists.

altstiff

• My F/O is a dog
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 05:00:59 pm »
ESeller is telling me to contact you guys....

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 07:07:02 pm »
I think it's better to not offer any discount then to offer it and have so many issues and loyal customers get left out... What does it matter which airport? It should be a case by case biases and not a one size fits all because, I will most likely buy the next upcoming scenery and may not qualify again...

AaronMyers

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2009, 07:19:30 pm »
I for one appreciate the promotions being offered and am continually amazed by the things people see fit to complain about. If you qualify, then great! If not, then either buy the product or don't. They have all been worth full price in my opinion and getting worked up over 6-10 dollars is a waste of energy.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2009, 07:52:46 pm »
I think it's better to not offer any discount then to offer it and have so many issues

Let's get the facts straight: we have only TWO customers that are saying the Coupon was accepted, and being charged in full, which we ARE investigating with Esellerate if it really was a technical problem, or it was just user error.

OF COURSE, users that are not having problems, are obviously not posting anything, but we are getting a lot of orders with the Coupon. Meaning, many people ARE taking advantadge of an offer.

and loyal customers get left out... What does it matter which airport?

You got it wrong: there are two exceptions, which obviously make sense:

- In the Coupon that allows you to purchase KFLL at discount if you have 4 FSDT sceneries, we excluded Zurich, because there are people that got it for free with a previous promotion and THEY complained, when we released KLAS, they were cut off from that promotion, since Esellerate doesn't count a free purchase as a proper order for future discounts. So, the promotion is exactly the same, you still need to have 4 sceneries, just Zurich is excluded. I repeat it again: we have to work within what the Essellerate system allows, and there's no way to just say "any 4 sceneries", we have to specifiy specific products so, there wasn't any other way to do this.

- In the Coupon that allows to purchase another product if you purchase KFLL, we just decided to exclude KLAS, for the very simple reason that it's just too new to be discounted yet. Loyal customers that bought KLAS the last month, might rightly complain, if we discounted it already.

It should be a case by case biases and not a one size fits all

Doing it on a case by case basis would be an enormous amount of work, we should put a person full time for the whole month of the duration of the promotion, because he'd would have to individually check every order, every past purchase, eventually fixing emails, then creating personalized Coupons for every customer. We'd rather not doing any promotion because, obviously, the added amount of work needed to handle this, would more than likely eat up entirely any supposed increase of sales due to the promotion itself.

altstiff

• My F/O is a dog
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2009, 09:56:18 pm »
I too think it is great to offer discounts to loyal customers. When in fact you do not have to offer a discount at all.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 06:29:31 am »
I have every scenery except O'hare and Kennedy, but I am not in the least disappointed that I don't qualify for a discount because the product IMHO is worth every penny. Besides the fact the discount only amounts to $10 or less. For that amount I wouldn't even bother sending an email if it wasn't working correctly.

long

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 07:45:10 am »
Thank you Fsdt for the good offers you giving to your customers

lol_nickname

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2009, 12:10:36 pm »
If if you buy KLAS between now and July 15, you can still get KFLL discounted, until July 15

But the KLAS promotion was only available until May, 15, wasn´t it?

long

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2009, 05:56:09 pm »
I am just being greatful

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2009, 07:36:43 pm »
But the KLAS promotion was only available until May, 15, wasn´t it?

I was replying to an user that already had all the sceneries except KLAS so, if he buys it before July 15, he'll be able to fullfill the requirements for the KFLL discount promotion.