Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 140793 times)

virtualstuff

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #225 on: September 13, 2018, 07:25:22 pm »
Was busy with adding gates so time to test FSDT LSGG > FT EHAM both with GSX2 SODE jetways 2k textures departing LSGG
wend fine however at FL110 above the Netherlands had massive blurriness...
Noted that the GPU was at 32% and the CPU around 84% with the FSLABS bus A319.
Something is taking all the time from simconnect or background because when changing something via the P3D menu it  takes ages....
Never experienced this kind of blurriness always great performance and sharp textures...  
RTT disabled plus done all the steps before testing...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 07:30:00 pm by awf »

virtualstuff

« Reply #226 on: September 13, 2018, 08:02:08 pm »
Was busy with adding gates so time to test FSDT LSGG > FT EHAM both with GSX2 SODE jetways 2k textures departing LSGG
wend fine however at FL110 above the Netherlands had massive blurriness...
Noted that the GPU was at 32% and the CPU around 84% with the FSLABS bus A319.
Something is taking all the time from simconnect or background because when changing something via the P3D menu it  takes ages....
Never experienced this kind of blurriness always great performance and sharp textures...  
RTT disabled plus done all the steps before testing...

Ok was disabling GSX 2 custom stuff and loaded FT EHAM and noticed double gates (via control panel enabled default jetways)
So GSX is still loading the static jetways as soon as I stop GSX2 the jeways are removed and the original jetways are in place...
Maybe the issue?
To add I notice the problem is the GSX ini file in the Virtuali directory which isn't restored to it's previous state without the FSDT static jetways entries...
So renaming the exclude add-on xml file isn't enough to revert back to scenery without FSDT jetways...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 08:51:26 pm by awf »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #227 on: September 13, 2018, 11:56:38 pm »
Restore default jetways only restore default jetways. It won't automatically destroy (that would be *very* wrong) all the work you made to add customized jetways.

SolRayz

« Reply #228 on: September 14, 2018, 06:14:29 am »
So you can add me to the list of people facing blurries and 100% CPU utilization on all cores because of GSX since updating to Level 2. I tried all the solutions posted and spent two days troubleshooting.

- No Exclude (deleted all references & traces)
- Recreate the shader cache and sceneryindexes,
- Check the "Disable RTT" option in the Addon Manager
- Default jetways selected
- Latest LIVE UPDATE applied

I still have blurries out of KLAS and 100% CPU utilization. Plus P3D will not close properly and crashes out on exit every time. The only thing has solved the blurries and returned my sim back to normal is uninstalling GSX. I also had to uninstall KLAS because it DOES NOT WORK without GSX, which is completely ridiculous.  GSX is broken, Couatl is broken, your company is broken.

Why are you still in Flight Sim development game? WHY? Seriously just get out. The only reason I ever bought anything from you is because of KLAS. Now none if it works and was a complete waste of money. If FSDT had any respect left, they would start offering refunds to everyone who got conned into upgrading to GSXL2. You can keep my money for KLAS. It was nice while it lasted. But I'm waiting in great anticipation for Flytampa KLAS which should be out very soon. Done with FSDT products, and I'll make sure everyone knows about it.

ols500

« Reply #229 on: September 14, 2018, 07:32:46 am »
So you can add me to the list of people facing blurries and 100% CPU utilization on all cores because of GSX since updating to Level 2. I tried all the solutions posted and spent two days troubleshooting.

I still have blurries out of KLAS and 100% CPU utilization. Plus P3D will not close properly and crashes out on exit every time. The only thing has solved the blurries and returned my sim back to normal is uninstalling GSX. I also had to uninstall KLAS because it DOES NOT WORK without GSX, which is completely ridiculous.  GSX is broken, Couatl is broken, your company is broken.

Why are you still in Flight Sim development game? WHY? Seriously just get out. The only reason I ever bought anything from you is because of KLAS. Now none if it works and was a complete waste of money. If FSDT had any respect left, they would start offering refunds to everyone who got conned into upgrading to GSXL2. You can keep my money for KLAS. It was nice while it lasted. But I'm waiting in great anticipation for Flytampa KLAS which should be out very soon. Done with FSDT products, and I'll make sure everyone knows about it.

Jesus it's not like he scammed you, it's just a bug. He will fix it!

pete_auau

« Reply #230 on: September 14, 2018, 07:57:58 am »

I still have blurries out of KLAS and 100% CPU utilization. Plus P3D will not close properly and crashes out on exit every time. The only thing has solved the blurries and returned my sim back to normal is uninstalling GSX. I also had to uninstall KLAS because it DOES NOT WORK without GSX, which is completely ridiculous.  GSX is broken, Couatl is broken, your company is broken.

great  post  you have  got,  1  post  and  a  rant  like  this goodbye   thx  for  the  1  post  laugh  made  my  day,  maybe  you should   troll  some  where  else  like  in avsim  forum  see  how  far  you get  there
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:57:41 am by pete_auau »

Dom Mason

« Reply #231 on: September 14, 2018, 08:24:47 am »

This post is indeed a disgrace. FSDT has provided to our leisure great products and will still do. Their airports are among the best. KLAX, KDFW, KIAH and many other airports are just fantastic for those who know them.
Dom Mason

ols500

« Reply #232 on: September 14, 2018, 08:46:12 am »
@SolRayz u got reported

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
« Reply #233 on: September 14, 2018, 09:07:00 am »

I still have blurries out of KLAS and 100% CPU utilization. Plus P3D will not close properly and crashes out on exit every time. The only thing has solved the blurries and returned my sim back to normal is uninstalling GSX. I also had to uninstall KLAS because it DOES NOT WORK without GSX, which is completely ridiculous.  GSX is broken, Couatl is broken, your company is broken.

We take all the criticism into consideration but you must know, based on the real numbers of our GSX level 2 customers, that your opinion represents 0.02% of our customers, having said that, surely your problems will be resolved promptly.

And welcome to our forum  :), considering that you are writing your first post.  ;)

Pit

« Reply #234 on: September 14, 2018, 10:38:55 am »

SHAME ON YOU! FSDT/Virtuali doesn´t deserve such cheap and stupid statement like you wrote here.
Can YOU do it better, can you provide some solutions to these issues, can YOU develop a better Addon?

I have with every software-addon used for P3Dv4 or FSX some issues or problems somewhen, somehow, no one delivered a 100% "issue free" product up to now: too differents and unpredictable computer system combinations are being used all over the world. No one can predicts how a new software will behaviour when installed in one of million possible configurations!!!

Please go anywhere else to write your useless and offending comments.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 10:47:21 am by Pit »

cjhffm

« Reply #235 on: September 14, 2018, 11:20:28 am »

SHAME ON YOU! FSDT/Virtuali doesn´t deserve such cheap and stupid statement like you wrote here.
Can YOU do it better, can you provide some solutions to these issues, can YOU develop a better Addon?

I have with every software-addon used for P3Dv4 or FSX some issues or problems somewhen, somehow, no one delivered a 100% "issue free" product up to now: too differents and unpredictable computer system combinations are being used all over the world. No one can predicts how a new software will behaviour when installed in one of million possible configurations!!!

Please go anywhere else to write your useless and offending comments.

I suggest we just ignore offensive comments and get back to the important issue of fixing the problems we are having. Is there any progress on this yet? Specifically, have lower resolution textures been made for the jetways? Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 11:22:25 am by cjhffm »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #236 on: September 14, 2018, 11:30:45 am »
I suggest we just ignore offensive comments and get back to the important issue of fixing the problems we are having. Is there any progress on this yet? Specifically, have lower resolution textures been made for the jetways? Thanks!

I'm waiting some feedback about this test. Maybe you can try that too:

Go into the Addon Manager\Couatl folder, and remove (or maybe MOVE it to a different place, so you can restore them easily ) the following folders:

KCLT
KIAH
KLAS
KMEM
KSDF

Of course, move only those you have. Yes, this will disable these sceneries, but we are doing a test so, don't panic. Then, try to do the same flight you did last time, and see if there's any difference.

Pay attention not to run the Live Update during this test, because it will restore these folders, making the test useless.

kikigey89

« Reply #237 on: September 14, 2018, 12:26:06 pm »
I'll continue testing in a few hours. I will try to restore my airport changes (stop position, guidance/parking system, jetway) and see at which time the problem reappears. Just as a reminder, the airports I tested it so far have a static jetway, so I added a SODE jetway with GSX and changed a few other things. After removing the changes manually from the airport config file, the issue was gone.
I'll then try to depart a FSDT scenery. When the problem occurs, I'll try what Umberto just suggested.

I'm just remembering one test where I did not request pushback. So I placed myself at EDDK at the gate I changed and departed without pushback. Of course the jetway and parking system were visible. But I did not get blurries. At this point it seems I only get blurries when I request a GSX service (like pushback).

cjhffm

« Reply #238 on: September 14, 2018, 12:45:14 pm »

Go into the Addon Manager\Couatl folder, and remove (or maybe MOVE it to a different place, so you can restore them easily ) the following folders:

KCLT
KIAH
KLAS
KMEM
KSDF

Of course, move only those you have. Yes, this will disable these sceneries, but we are doing a test so, don't panic. Then, try to do the same flight you did last time, and see if there's any difference.

Pay attention not to run the Live Update during this test, because it will restore these folders, making the test useless.

Thanks Umberto, I'll try this when I get home and report back.

mertayd1n

« Reply #239 on: September 14, 2018, 02:03:21 pm »

KCLT
KIAH
KLAS
KMEM
KSDF

what will happen if none of these scenery? there is only KLAX
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 02:06:05 pm by mertayd1n »