Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 141948 times)

cjhffm

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2018, 06:03:24 pm »
~°~
After a few days of flying and trying different scenarios, I can concur that the 'blurries' have something to do if you fly from an airport that was edited with GSXv2 ... but even if I don't the main thing now is the disappearance of autogen around airport and from altitude there is simply NO autogen. If you hit [REFRESH SCENERY] it takes up to 8 and more minutes to reload everything while the CPU rocks through the roof. As you come in to land the autogen starts popping up like a popcorn show and by the looks of it in a 10-15nm radius around the aircraft. It doesn't matter what your LEVEL OF RADIUS is in P3D settings, the issue is the same.

All the suggestions have been followed and applied after every flight:
- Recreate shader cache and sceneryindexes
- New add-on.xml installed
- "Disable RTT" applied
- Latest LIVE UPDATE applied
- Only airport of departure and airport of destination enabled

The conclusion: My FPS (i.e performance) are rock solid and no dip in FPS because of GSXv2; when I fly from an airports that I've edited then the blurries are back regardless, notwithstanding, in spite of above mentioned suggestions (proposed fixes); the lost of autogen suggests that something in the background is taking up a lot of CPU power and therefore P3D quits releasing breathing space for autogen except when you fly low and slow then the popups appear.

With all the experience and knowledge I have with FSX/P3D I'm not pointing fingers at GSX, I'm just trying to 'understand' and to make a meaningful contribution to solve this and to be able to fly effortlessly without have to fiddle and change setups all the time.
Hopefully the holy grail, or silver bullet will be found soon that is causing this anomaly.

Until then, you'll find me in GA hanger doing low & slow from small airfields.

That's definitely a helpful contribution actually. I hope it helps FSDT to get to the bottom of it. Perhaps lower resolution textures will help, let's see. Fingers crossed :)

ols500

« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2018, 06:22:43 pm »
Same blurries?

ols500

« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2018, 06:25:36 pm »
Done my first flight after setting up everything, huge blurries  :'( :'(

vjeanmarc

« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2018, 06:29:01 pm »
Hello,
How to return to the basic version ?
Thank you for your help.
Jean Marc

ols500

« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2018, 06:30:45 pm »
Sorry virtuali, but if multiple users are reporting blurries after instantiation of Level 2, there is a problem somewhere even if it's not obvious.

As always great products have issues  ;D

-Ollie

ols500

« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2018, 07:18:21 pm »
Hello,
Thank you for your help.
Jean Marc

And same as this guy, til issue is sorted  ;)

vjeanmarc

« Reply #201 on: September 12, 2018, 07:46:52 pm »
Hello,
Thank you for your help.
Jean Marc

Thank you, nothing understood   ??? ;D :D

ols500

« Reply #202 on: September 12, 2018, 08:12:48 pm »
Hello,
Thank you for your help.
Jean Marc

Thank you, nothing understood   ??? ;D :D

What do you mean nothing understood???

mertayd1n

« Reply #203 on: September 12, 2018, 08:40:46 pm »
Umberto,

The blur problem occurs because of jetway of the GSX L2, I tried the other Sode Jetway (JustSim Antalya LTAI) Passengers boarded to airplane through the jetway and there wasn't any blurries.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 08:43:34 pm by mertayd1n »

gsumner

« Reply #204 on: September 12, 2018, 09:29:30 pm »
Can I just throw something into the mix.

I remember reading once that scenery developers only made a few gates at airports SODE because of the animation of the bridges. As I remember as your scenery loads, any gate with an aircraft at I gets served by a bridge ( animated ). Im just wondering if as you fly over airports, all these sode bridges are trying to dock at once dragging the FPS and CPU down.

What about someone who is having this problem reducing their air traffic settings to zero so no aircraft are parked on the ground and get animated gates. Maybe this is the reason some people are not experiencing this problem ie they already have their traffic at zero.

I myself are awaiting the cure before I upgrade.

Just a thought
Graham

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #205 on: September 12, 2018, 09:35:47 pm »
Our jetways are static with no kind of animation whatsoever, and they are replaced by an animated jetway only when GSX operates them on ground so not, this cannot be the issue.

Please allow us some time to investigate this. Fact you almost confirmed the blurries are gone by returning to the default jetways, is already a big help. In the meantime, you can continue to use GSX with default jetways.

virtualstuff

« Reply #206 on: September 12, 2018, 10:05:33 pm »
Our jetways are static with no kind of animation whatsoever, and they are replaced by an animated jetway only when GSX operates them on ground so not, this cannot be the issue.

Please allow us some time to investigate this. Fact you almost confirmed the blurries are gone by returning to the default jetways, is already a big help. In the meantime, you can continue to use GSX with default jetways.

Virtuali I have a contribution converted to 2K (dds dxt5) and folder size gone from 1.94GB to 580MB the difference is huge ;-)
Happy to upload in zip files if needed?

ols500

« Reply #207 on: September 12, 2018, 10:27:34 pm »

Virtuali I have a contribution converted to 2K (dds dxt5) and folder size gone from 1.94GB to 580MB the difference is huge ;-)
Happy to upload in zip files if needed?

"the difference is huge" do you mean blurries by this?

-Ollie

ols500

« Reply #208 on: September 12, 2018, 10:39:30 pm »

Thank you for listening  :D :D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #209 on: September 13, 2018, 03:30:42 am »
Have you tried them ? Saw any difference ?