Author Topic: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.  (Read 144264 times)

BrunoEduardo

Re: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2018, 06:46:14 pm »
How i can put my own ad in jetways? Where is de logo's folder?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2018, 03:05:36 am »
I give up!
I tried to replace de BGL jetways from Aerosoft Zurich in P3DV4 and the following is happening:
I can click on the exclude button and can add my jetways, which I choose from the menu. After that, i quit and run the GSX2 exclude program, i restart P3D and voila, the Sode jetways have disappeared. I once again try to choose the jetway model, it reappears but when I choose to dock it, it says, there is only a default jetway. I go back in the settings menu, rechoose the jetway and edit it. I press the numeric 5 in the editor but its not working. I quit P3D and relaunch everything and the jetways have disappeared.

I have used several hours on this issue, no chance to resolve it. I did a reinstall, I did run the FSDT Live Manager but still no luck.
Its not as easy as it seems to replace the jetways, I cannot enjoy GSX2 and this is very disappointing!!!
I hope this tutorial I have made helps you:

cheers.. also i will have totally finished LSZH in a few days.. se the download link in the page: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19008.msg131922.html#msg131922
cheers

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2018, 03:09:27 am »
since that day I'm facing a problem with FSDT GSX control panel. It doesn't open at all.

Do you see some errors ?
HELLO UMBERTO,

I HAVE MADE THIS FULL TUTORIAL, HOPE YOU LIKE IT.

ALL THE BEST.

CARTAYNA.

FULL GSX2 TUTORIAL:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2018, 11:00:22 am »
I've seen almost all of it, and it's very good. Just one remark:

- The issue you found about not being able to customize gates with "black" gate numbers is now fixed in the Live Update we posted a couple of days ago, and it was related to sceneries with more than 256 parking spots in total. Now, we support up to 1024.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2018, 01:28:07 pm »
I've seen almost all of it, and it's very good. Just one remark:

- The issue you found about not being able to customize gates with "black" gate numbers is now fixed in the Live Update we posted a couple of days ago, and it was related to sceneries with more than 256 parking spots in total. Now, we support up to 1024.
Now this is awesome!! i have erased that chapter on LEMD that dealt with this, as to not confuse people.
Is odd because within the simulator i pressed yes to update in the last 2 updates that came yesterday and did not solve the issue, i also do regularly coatl2 updates.. today i did the FSDT Live update from outside the sim using your aplication and everything was solved.

Thanks Umberto!

sparky23177

« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2018, 06:09:54 pm »
I must have missed something...

Followed Tutorial to replace FlightBeam Studios KSFO jetways and nothing changed.

See screenshot. I appreciate any help. 

FB KSFO comes with SODE gateways out of the box. Nothing to replace at that airport...

Just a guess, but it sounds like you are trying to replace the jetways in the legacy version of FB KSFO. If you are you will need to rename or delete the "Jetwayplacement.bgl" file in the scenery folder. The old jetways are static. If i am wrong my apologies.

tosco92

« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2018, 07:27:01 am »
changing an airport of my choice ie Lipe that has no jetways, I followed your tutorial but when I close P3D I do not load any files to compile, but when I open P3D the jetways are saved

8thfw_maverick

« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2019, 02:13:11 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I have a small problem in Aerosofts Bergen vor Prepar3Dv4.
After installation of the add on everything ist fine (see picture 1). Then I use Orbx Global Vector Tool "Airport Elevation Corrections" and than I have a graphic mistage by the jetways based at the level corrections (see picture 2). Installed are the current version of the SODE jetways.

My question is now, can I fix the mistake with GSX Level 2?

Best regards,
Oliver

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2019, 08:25:28 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I have a small problem in Aerosofts Bergen vor Prepar3Dv4.
After installation of the add on everything ist fine (see picture 1). Then I use Orbx Global Vector Tool "Airport Elevation Corrections" and than I have a graphic mistage by the jetways based at the level corrections (see picture 2). Installed are the current version of the SODE jetways.

My question is now, can I fix the mistake with GSX Level 2?

Best regards,
Oliver
you cant.

ricere

« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2019, 03:03:38 am »
Hello,
I've read the material (the first 3 or 4 forum questions) but I had no luck with my issue which is:
I've purchased GSX Level 2. I now have a problem in that when I now import other third-party airport (w/SODE option(s) as well) sceneries, I have a 50/50 chance that the scenery will install correctly (as far as the air bridges) are concerned. On some scenery installations the jetway is looking up toward the sky or digging itself a hole in the tarmac or does not work at all. I never worried how the install would look but now it seems to be ANY scenery I add to my scenery library I can count on it not being install correctly or it looking funny! Is there something I'm doing incorrectly or is there some other perimeter I'm not checking? I've been use to install and go, but it seems no more! One of the more constant issues is when I go to the new scenery and activate GSX for a spot it tells me there's no jetway located for the desired location???? When I force one there and I receive another notification saying it can't do it! The whole time I'm having this problem I'm able to SEE the air-bridge I want to use, the program asks for what door and after my selection is made GSX stops working and nothing happens with the air-bridge.

Am I able to go back to 'SODE' provided sceneries and just work with them until I understand the full integration of GSX Level 2?

Thanks!
Richard Rice

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #145 on: January 28, 2019, 11:33:08 pm »
I now have a problem in that when I now import other third-party airport (w/SODE option(s) as well) sceneries, I have a 50/50 chance that the scenery will install correctly (as far as the air bridges) are concerned.

Please be more clear. By saying "w/SODE option(s) as well", you mean some sceneries that have SODE jetwasy opposed to other sceneries that don't have SODE (and you have problems with both), or the same scenery that is giving you an option to use either SODE jetways or CTRL+J jetways ?

In any case, depending on the option, none of your problems are caused by GSX, because:

- If the airport use SODE jetways, GSX won't do anything to it, and won't even allow you to do anything to it, unless you explicitly remove its SODE XML configuration file. So, whatever issues you have on a scenery that use SODE jetways, it's nothing to do with GSX and would allow just as GSX was never installed, since those jetways are *created* by the scenery with SODE, configured in the SODE XML file that comes with the scenery, and are entirely activated by SODE. The only information we get about them, is their number, location and their height so we can walk passengers through them, but we don't have any control over their appearance or how they work.

- If the airport use CTRL+J jetways, GSX again won't do anything to them by default. You must go through the whole exclusion procedure, which will then allow you to put a GSX/SODE jetway in place of the old one. But before you do that, nothing in GSX has changed anything on a 3rd party scenery jetway that uses CTRL+J modes. The only models we replace automatically are those on default airports.

AZWildk4t

« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2019, 01:40:08 am »
Umberto,

Why would the jetway option be disabled using the Aircraft Position Editor?  It's already a SODE jetway but I want to customize it by putting the United logo on the jetway.

Thanks,
Steve

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2019, 04:43:38 pm »
Why would the jetway option be disabled using the Aircraft Position Editor?

Because it's a SODE jetway.

It's already a SODE jetway but I want to customize it by putting the United logo on the jetway.

It's precisely because it's a SODE jetway that you cannot customize it, since GSX assumes if a 3rd party scenery came with SODE jetways, it wouldn't make much sense replacing them. In order to be customizable, a jetway must be a GSX/SODE Jetway, one that has been added by GSX, not already included in a 3rd party scenery.

If a scenery already comes with SODE jetways, it cannot be further customized, unless you do it manually, and remove all SODE jetways from the scenery SODE XML configuration file.

AZWildk4t

« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2019, 08:54:22 pm »
Thanks Umberto.

sfsd

« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2019, 05:08:22 pm »
I've followed your Tutorial step by step. I'm working with Mega Airport Zürich 2.0 I've tried to change the whole airport in one when I came back nothing happened. So I've increased the number in the Parking Position Menu to 100m. After this the Jetways on the Gate I was parked an the ones on my left and right disappeared but the rest was still there. Can you help me please?

Using FSX SE
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 05:22:50 pm by sfsd »