Author Topic: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.  (Read 144230 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2018, 11:30:58 am »
I tried to replace de BGL jetways from Aerosoft Zurich in P3DV4 and the following is happening:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/537631-gsx-v2-announced-sode-jetways-and-animated-passengers/?do=findComment&comment=3893952

just replaced default jetways in Aerosoft LSZH with SODE jetways, with just a few clicks....after i picked up my jaw from the floor i spent the next few minutes admiring the incredibly detailed models and textures, there are even smear marks on the glass panels of the jetway bridge

The way its implemented and how easy it is to replace default jetways is simply mindblowing! And i didnt even test the PAX boarding yet

space_coast

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2018, 12:10:28 pm »
And why exactly should this qoute help me? ??? Its not working at my airport, I need help. What am I doing wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2018, 12:12:28 pm »
And why exactly should this qoute help me? ??? Its not working at my airport, I need help. What am I doing wrong?

It's because he used *exactly* the SAME airport, the reason why I quoted it. Have you followed the tutorial in this very thread ?

space_coast

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2018, 12:15:30 pm »
Yes, I even deleted the exclude file to start from scratch again, but still no luck.
Should I delete the lszh file in the airport section of GSX to start from scratch this way?
Everytime I relaunch P3D the jetways, which I placed there, do not appear, an when I go in the GSX menu, I need to do the whole jetway thing again.
I have the feeling, that it doesn‘t safe it correctly.

space_coast

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2018, 01:45:09 pm »
I'm giving up, the Sode jetways do not work at ONE single airport, even default, and at my FSDT scenerys.
I did try it once again with the tutorial video on my iPad and step by step and it does not work.

ols500

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2018, 02:03:02 pm »
Do you have SODE enabled??

space_coast

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2018, 02:48:29 pm »
Sode is enabled and is working on the Flightbeam Airports

windshear

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2018, 05:27:05 pm »
Amazing! But its very very time consuming to create the entire airport like this
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2018, 06:05:53 pm »
Amazing! But its very very time consuming to create the entire airport like this

Yes, it is. Depending how detailed you want to be. For a quick global replacement, you might get away with a single model at all gates but, of course, if you want to get the real benefits of SODE, you should check every parking and do it right.

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2018, 09:59:41 pm »
How do you increase the height of the jetway im having this problem with Fly tampa dubai gate b25

I also have this question

natbrain

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2018, 10:07:41 pm »
I must have missed something...

Followed Tutorial to replace FlightBeam Studios KSFO jetways and nothing changed.

See screenshot. I appreciate any help. 

Dude, why are you replacing Flightbeam KSFO Jetways? That entire airport has SODE jetways already. You're trying to replace SODE jetways with SODE jetways. That's a fat waste of time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2018, 11:30:14 pm »
How do you increase the height of the jetway im having this problem with Fly tampa dubai gate b25

The issue of the jetway height not being editable, has already asked and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18161.msg128163.html#msg128163

rdlepage

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2018, 01:30:51 am »
Yes, I even deleted the exclude file to start from scratch again, but still no luck.
Should I delete the lszh file in the airport section of GSX to start from scratch this way?
Everytime I relaunch P3D the jetways, which I placed there, do not appear, an when I go in the GSX menu, I need to do the whole jetway thing again.
I have the feeling, that it doesn‘t safe it correctly.

Same problem here. The changes you make are not saving to P3D. You Have to start from Scratch every time you exit P3D.
Been trying to get this to work for hours and followed the tutorial video to the letter. Somethings not right and its driving me mad.
Hope someone comes up with a solution.

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2018, 01:41:35 am »
Been trying to get this to work for hours and followed the tutorial video to the letter. Somethings not right and its driving me mad. Hope someone comes up with a solution.

Do you see an .INI file for your airport in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder, as soon as you start customizing (after you press Apply, of course) ?

Corey7659

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2018, 08:20:18 am »
I am trying to add jetways to the Imagine Sim WSSS (Singapore Changi) and in the GSX airport editor it is not even picking up that there is a jetway there in the first place... I watched a tutorial video and it was showing options in the editor that are not available on my screen. This airport is essentially the entire reason I got this addon...