Author Topic: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.  (Read 144278 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.
« on: September 07, 2018, 05:09:20 pm »
Here's a video tutorial, explaining how to replace Jetways on an airport (FlyTampa EHAM) that doesn't originally comes with SODE Jetways:

nitin_18

Re: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 07:45:34 pm »
How do you increase the height of the jetway im having this problem with Fly tampa dubai gate b25

aceridgey

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 07:47:55 pm »
Do we have to do this for every single stand, within every single airport we fly to? (including the sim restarts?)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 08:42:58 pm »
Do we have to do this for every single stand, within every single airport we fly to? (including the sim restarts?)

This has been asked so many times on the forum and, of course, is explained in the manual. EVERY setting you change on the airport customization page can be applied to a single parking stand, to several of them, to an entire terminal, or even to the whole airport in one click, depending how many gates you selected on the left side of the screen.

So no, you don't have to do for every single stand, it really depends how much precision you want. There are airports that have different jetway models on each parking. You CAN do that, but you don't HAVE to.

Yes, of course you must do it for every airport, and you must explicitly tell GSX to do that. While we automatically replace all default jetways in one go, it would be very wrong if we replaced jetways automatically at 3rd party airports, users and scenery designer would rightly complain if we did something like this

So no, it must be done under your control, and only in the way we did it: by means of airport customization + Exclude files, which means leaving the original scenery UNTOUCHED, and very easy to go back to its default configuration.

airbusguy320

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 12:10:16 am »
Sorry, but the tutorial does not explain how to change all jetways at the same terminal. What do you mean with "left side of the screen"?
Could you specify where we can do this?

Also, in one of the previous, you mentioned we can edit the logos for the jetways (with own images). Is this possible?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 12:12:44 am by airbusguy320 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 12:17:03 am »
What do you mean with "left side of the screen"?
Could you specify where we can do this?

The tree-like structure on the left side of the parking customization window, allows multiple selection.

Standard windows here: CTRL+Click select multiple parkings, and if you click on a "root", like a terminal, it will select all gates in that terminal. If you click the airport itself (the topmost root node), it will select all parkings at once.

GSX always worked like this since it was released.

airbusguy320

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 12:33:09 am »
One more little question: my AI docks at default and SODE jetways. But when I make these GSX jetways, AI does not dock anymore. Is this expected behaviour?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 12:36:59 am »
One more little question: my AI docks at default and SODE jetways. But when I make these GSX jetways, AI does not dock anymore. Is this expected behaviour?

Yes. GSX always worked on the user parking. No difference here.

Having all jetway animated will kill both the frame rate (the static jetway is MUCH faster than the animated one) AND will disrupt the whole simulation by spamming Simconnect with so many commands required to keep track and control even AI in addition to the user airplane.

arwasairl

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 06:33:37 am »
Cool!
I was writing a opst, and then i saw it on the product page!
Very nice Virtuali!
Aaron Kim

skyrat77

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 06:43:27 am »
I must have missed something...

Followed Tutorial to replace FlightBeam Studios KSFO jetways and nothing changed.

See screenshot. I appreciate any help. 

skyrat77

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 08:28:32 am »
So, after some troubleshooting I am able to add the new jetway, but the old one will not get removed after excluding it and restarting the sim.

dmaclaury

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 08:43:18 am »
I must have missed something...

Followed Tutorial to replace FlightBeam Studios KSFO jetways and nothing changed.

See screenshot. I appreciate any help. 

FB KSFO comes with SODE gateways out of the box. Nothing to replace at that airport...
Daniel M
FSDT Products: KJFKv2, GSX. Flightbeam: KSFOHD.

Harry320

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 09:17:55 am »
@skyrat77

i had the same issue.

check under C:\Users\yourName\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

There must be a Folder named "FsDreamTeam Exclude"

In my case this Folder was emty. The add-on.xml was missing.

You can create one via lorby addon organizer.

regards

Harald

perfectflight

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2018, 09:32:27 am »
please GSX team the crew bus should be activated manually

that would be more realistic, in reality he does not come with every boarding and deboarding

space_coast

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2018, 11:17:20 am »
I give up!
I tried to replace de BGL jetways from Aerosoft Zurich in P3DV4 and the following is happening:
I can click on the exclude button and can add my jetways, which I choose from the menu. After that, i quit and run the GSX2 exclude program, i restart P3D and voila, the Sode jetways have disappeared. I once again try to choose the jetway model, it reappears but when I choose to dock it, it says, there is only a default jetway. I go back in the settings menu, rechoose the jetway and edit it. I press the numeric 5 in the editor but its not working. I quit P3D and relaunch everything and the jetways have disappeared.

I have used several hours on this issue, no chance to resolve it. I did a reinstall, I did run the FSDT Live Manager but still no luck.
Its not as easy as it seems to replace the jetways, I cannot enjoy GSX2 and this is very disappointing!!!