Author Topic: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.  (Read 145711 times)

Diuhh

Re: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2018, 06:19:03 pm »
I saw in the release notes that a jetway is added for Geneva. Why is this jetway not selectable in the GSX editor?

And second questions: is it technically possible to add custom jetway logos via Simobjects/Misc?

sascha_dj

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2018, 06:42:06 pm »
dear Team,
dear virtuali,

would you please advise people, who don't know to deal with bgls, xmls and data like this, in an easy manual, how to get GSX V 2 running.

I purchased GSX Level 2 expansion
after that, I run the "full gsx installer including level 2 expansion"
after that, I installed it
In the installation process, I registered SODE
Then I started P3d v4.3
I went to the addon manager
after that, I registeres gsx2 with its serial
then I went out from P3d and restarted it

I went to an airport, EDDM or FSDT EDDm for ex., but it din't work
What did I wrong?

If I ask for "boarding", there is still GSX 1 running. I don't see any moving passengers
Could you please advice in an "step by step manual", how to get this running?

Thanks in advance.
Sascha

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2018, 03:46:36 am »
The GSX manual is found in the Fsdreamteam program group of the Windows Start.

Diuhh

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2018, 08:27:07 am »
Mmh somehow the LSGG jetways did not go in when I run the live update. Guess I have to reinstall.

Umberto; I tried to add jetway logos via the Simobjects/Misc folder and I edited some textute files as well. Is it technically possible for a user to add new logos? Or would it need deeper modifications to the GSX database which a user cant do?

Thanks for your reply

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2018, 03:42:31 pm »
I give up!
I tried to replace de BGL jetways from Aerosoft Zurich in P3DV4 and the following is happening:
I can click on the exclude button and can add my jetways, which I choose from the menu. After that, i quit and run the GSX2 exclude program, i restart P3D and voila, the Sode jetways have disappeared. I once again try to choose the jetway model, it reappears but when I choose to dock it, it says, there is only a default jetway. I go back in the settings menu, rechoose the jetway and edit it. I press the numeric 5 in the editor but its not working. I quit P3D and relaunch everything and the jetways have disappeared.

I have used several hours on this issue, no chance to resolve it. I did a reinstall, I did run the FSDT Live Manager but still no luck.
Its not as easy as it seems to replace the jetways, I cannot enjoy GSX2 and this is very disappointing!!!
same problem to me, i did EXACTLY what the video tutorial does, step by step. the first time i tried this, it worked perfectly. I even loaded the plane and the passangers showed through the glass. then i restarted the sim, to see if everything was ok, and the jetaway had dissapeard. so i decided to reset the scenery using the reset button in the customize airoport positions.  started from scratch, as the video says. and now i can not get it to work. if i press the button 5 to chck if is ok, it does not do the "ding" sound and instead, there is a message saying: "the jetaway does not resolve with any door". Read the manual, and there is no tip on this message what so ever. is desesperating.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2018, 06:54:21 pm »
I give up!
I tried to replace de BGL jetways from Aerosoft Zurich in P3DV4 and the following is happening:
I can click on the exclude button and can add my jetways, which I choose from the menu. After that, i quit and run the GSX2 exclude program, i restart P3D and voila, the Sode jetways have disappeared. I once again try to choose the jetway model, it reappears but when I choose to dock it, it says, there is only a default jetway. I go back in the settings menu, rechoose the jetway and edit it. I press the numeric 5 in the editor but its not working. I quit P3D and relaunch everything and the jetways have disappeared.

I have used several hours on this issue, no chance to resolve it. I did a reinstall, I did run the FSDT Live Manager but still no luck.
Its not as easy as it seems to replace the jetways, I cannot enjoy GSX2 and this is very disappointing!!!

Umberto, I FOUND THE GLITCH! that everybody is complaing about, regarding message "the jetaway does not resolve with any door"... for some reason you have to, after reloading the sim after creating the exclusion, and configurating the jetaway, if you do not do a restart of the coatl, it does not work .. i did this and now when i press 5 it PINGS! LOL i tried to post this on the forum and there is no way it lets me, even with my user logged in. maybe you should post it. ONLY PROBLEM: You need to restart the coatl every time you enter a scenery.. even if you restart the sim. odd.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 07:02:57 pm by cartayna »

sascha_dj

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2018, 08:17:49 pm »
The GSX manual is found in the Fsdreamteam program group of the Windows Start.

doesn't work for me. It isn't a "step by step manual for P3D v 4.3 users. I've no idea, where sceneries are located in, which should be excluded etc etc.
There should be a step by step manual, starting like this

1) first we install GSX...
2)
3)
4)

sascha_dj

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2018, 08:30:29 pm »
I forgot to add. Please explain:
1) Where is an installation guide exclusively for P3d v 4.3?
2) Where is the installation guide located
Or could you please provide an excel file which replaces all these jetways and Bridges etc?

ols500

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2018, 08:44:27 pm »
I forgot to add. Please explain:
1) Where is an installation guide exclusively for P3d v 4.3?
2) Where is the installation guide located
Or could you please provide an excel file which replaces all these jetways and Bridges etc?

that would take ages

sascha_dj

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2018, 08:40:16 am »
A step by step manual including two or thre examples would help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2018, 12:02:20 pm »
The GSX manual + this video tutorial have already provided several users enough information for them, since they shared several customization files for 3rd party major airports already.

skyaddicted

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2018, 01:52:20 pm »
Hi.

I recently purchased GSX V2 but i have problems installing jetways. For example at Aerosoft EDDM the "Exclude.bgl" option is there and everything runs smoothly according to the tutorial.
However, at Fly Tampa's LOWW this option is not even there. That goes along for a lot more airports of different publishers. Am i missing something here?

And something new. After the latest update of GSX, at EDDM, the scenery jetways are not excluded,and the GSX jetways appear to stand in the air. They are not attached to the terminal building. What a mess.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 02:56:41 pm by skyaddicted »

sascha_dj

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2018, 02:05:31 pm »
The GSX manual + this video tutorial have already provided several users enough information for them, since they shared several customization files for 3rd party major airports already.

Dear Virtuali,
they should first explain how to install GSX 2, after that we could talk about how to customize jetways

1) I 've purchased GSX 2 vis FSDT website
2) then I've installed the "Full GSX installer" including "level 2 expansion"
3) them I registered SODE for p3dv4
4) then I went to the "Add on Manager" , put in the serial of GSX 2, it told me, GSX2 is active

--> First, please confirm steps 1 to 4 are right.

After that , I wanted to costomize parking position with new jetways, it didn't work

Sorry I don't know, how to deal with the exclude file, and where these files can be found
in C:\, in P3d- foler , etc. 

For the moment pushback etc is working, but only as it was in gsx 1
could you please explain by writing a text....(not Videos etc), how to get GSX 2 to work...and where to find which data??

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2018, 03:45:34 pm »
--> First, please confirm steps 1 to 4 are right.

Yes, of course they are.

After that , I wanted to costomize parking position with new jetways, it didn't work

Didn't work doesn't mean anything, if you don't say:

- Which airport you tried to customize. Which kind of jetway it use.

- Assuming the airport jetways CAN be customize( they not already SODE and not static embedded in the terminal) if you enabled the exclude area for the parking you want to customized,

Sorry I don't know, how to deal with the exclude file, and where these files can be found

Quoting the GSX manual, Page 45:

Location of the Exclude files

After installing GSX, a new Scenery Area will be created, pointing to the following folder:

Addon Manager\Exclude\Scenery

This folder will contain all the Exclude .BGLs that will be created by the Control Panel utility

Not that this is really a required information to customize jetways, since the Control Panel does all of that automatically so, it's not you have to manage exclude files yourself.

sascha_dj

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2018, 04:42:49 pm »
Okay thanks, I'll check later at home, and will give a feedback whether it worked or not.

I intended to customize Aerosoft V2 - EDDF , Gate A69 for example, or FSDT EDDM Gate 212 or 203.
All of them are heavy Gates.