Author Topic: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.  (Read 146143 times)

jjvelar

Re: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2018, 10:32:32 pm »
Hi
Have you tried SODE GSX 2 jetways with the new LEMD airport from Sim-Wings (Aerosoft)?
I am able to create and visualize in the airport SODE GSX 2 jetways and disable the original static ones but they are not operative.
When I try to operate the SODE GSX 2 jetway using SODE menu it says there is "no triggerable object around" (something similar) and if I try to do it by using GSX menu, I select the operating company (i.e. Menzies) but nothing happens.
Any suggestion?
Thanks!

José

PS: I have created SODE GSX 2 jetways for other airports (like, for example LEBL also from Sim-Wings) and they work like a charm.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2018, 10:38:28 pm »
Hi
Have you tried SODE GSX 2 jetways with the new LEMD airport from Sim-Wings (Aerosoft)?
I am able to create and visualize in the airport SODE GSX 2 jetways and disable the original static ones but they are not operative.
When I try to operate the SODE GSX 2 jetway using SODE menu it says there is "no triggerable object around" (something similar) and if I try to do it by using GSX menu, I select the operating company (i.e. Menzies) but nothing happens.
Any suggestion?
Thanks!

José

PS: I have created SODE GSX 2 jetways for other airports (like, for example LEBL also from Sim-Wings) and they work like a charm.
Hola Jose,
I strongly suggest NOT to install the SODE folder in Madrid. I suggest you use my GSX2 configuration that is in my folder https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0. This are much better than the jetways of the scenery.
Go to LEMD folder and follow the instructions. There you will find charts of LEMD with indications of the more than 80 jetways for GSX2. I published it this afternoon. There are a total of 35 airports.
Hope you like it. If u need help let me know.
Cheers

jjvelar

« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2018, 11:44:39 pm »
Solved. My mistake. Sorry! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

flyboy53

« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2018, 12:43:09 am »
How do you increase the height of the jetway im having this problem with Fly tampa dubai gate b25

You cant. there are different heights you need to sort through them...

jjvelar

« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2018, 12:46:40 am »
Hi
Any suggestion?
Thanks!

José

Hola Jose,
I strongly suggest NOT to install the SODE folder in Madrid. I suggest you use my GSX2 configuration that is in my folder https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0. This are much better than the jetways of the scenery.
Go to LEMD folder and follow the instructions. There you will find charts of LEMD with indications of the more than 80 jetways for GSX2. I published it this afternoon. There are a total of 35 airports.
Cheers

Thanks a lot!!!!!!! / Gracias!!!!!!!!!!!

pracines

« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2018, 07:25:30 pm »
One more little question: my AI docks at default and SODE jetways. But when I make these GSX jetways, AI does not dock anymore. Is this expected behaviour?

Yes. GSX always worked on the user parking. No difference here.

Having all jetway animated will kill both the frame rate (the static jetway is MUCH faster than the animated one) AND will disrupt the whole simulation by spamming Simconnect with so many commands required to keep track and control even AI in addition to the user airplane.

This could have been an option. Surly we can determine if AI settings need to lowered or if SODE for AI should be off according to our preference/systems. The manual could have included information about this and leave it to us like the SODE platform manager does.

trisho0

« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2018, 08:29:52 pm »
Tried the EHAM - Amsterdam - P4D FlyTampa v1.11 from GSX FINISHED and I get no jetways in P3Dv4 EHAM Gate D43 So far I can see only one jetway from another neighbor gate.
EDIT: Found issue and resolved. Didn't change the .ini file as instructed. Now it is fine. Please, keep doing more .ini files for more airports.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 01:30:44 am by trisho0 »

trisho0

« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2018, 02:01:29 am »
Hi
Any suggestion?
Thanks!

José

Hola Jose,
Cheers
Hello … the instructions from LEMD to configure as "All Runways open" can't be. LEMD only allow us to configure North or South. Any ideas?

flyboy53

« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2018, 03:24:09 am »
I must have missed something...

Followed Tutorial to replace FlightBeam Studios KSFO jetways and nothing changed.

See screenshot. I appreciate any help. 

I believe this same procedure will work with flight beam Airports.
You need to remove the xml file from the SODE xml folder...
It worked for me with KATL, by imaginesim... same situation andIve chaged just about all the jetways in KATL with glass ones to see the boarding....
Though the present ones are all steel no glass...
Watch this..

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2018, 11:45:30 am »
Hi
Any suggestion?
Thanks!

José

Hola Jose,
Cheers
Hello … the instructions from LEMD to configure as "All Runways open" can't be. LEMD only allow us to configure North or South. Any ideas?
The same day they release the scenery came with an update and the installer now has that option. Redownload your software or is as simple as to make sure you have the afcad that corresponds to the one that is in the .ini file. This one is Sim-wings Madrid Barajas Professional\scenery\LEMD_AFX-OP02.bgl. you need to have such file in your Scenery folder, if you do not have it, is because you do not have the latest version of the scenery.
Cheers

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2018, 11:49:24 am »
I must have missed something...

Followed Tutorial to replace FlightBeam Studios KSFO jetways and nothing changed.

See screenshot. I appreciate any help. 

I believe this same procedure will work with flight beam Airports.
You need to remove the xml file from the SODE xml folder...
It worked for me with KATL, by imaginesim... same situation andIve chaged just about all the jetways in KATL with glass ones to see the boarding....
Though the present ones are all steel no glass...
Watch this..

You are absolutely 100% correct! the problem is when in a SODE file you have other things than jetways. You have to be able to edit such XML files and delete the just the jetway related issues as not to loose other Sode effects.
Cheers

CREEZ77

« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2018, 08:49:06 am »
On my FSX SE i can't compile anything with FSDT GSX control panel , also COUATL stops working evry time , also restarting FSX even if i disable default jetways theyre still always there and the SODE ones are not. I've tried hundreds times now to customize , move, delete , restore , check , uncheck , tick , untick , reload reload reload..... still GSX 2 doesn't work at all. Specially on sceneries like Gatwick xtreme EGKK which i am mostly flying from/to. I've followed the tutorial step by step and still nothing's working. I am desperate. Please help  >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2018, 11:15:48 am »
On my FSX SE i can't compile anything with FSDT GSX control panel

Please describe this problem more clearly. Do you see errors ? Which ones ?

also COUATL stops working evry time

Couatl usually gives an error detail, which you should always include in every report, so we can tell you what the problem is. Always be sure you run the latest Live Update before reporting a problem, since we do updates very often.

if i disable default jetways theyre still always there and the SODE ones are not.

Please read the manual, and the forum. Some jetways CANNOT be excluded, if they are static and modeled as part of the terminal.

Specially on sceneries like Gatwick xtreme EGKK which i am mostly flying from/to.

No problems whatsoever with that one, see this new video I just made for you. Less than 4 minutes to replace all jetways at once:

trisho0

« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2018, 08:13:26 pm »

[/quote]
The same day they release the scenery came with an update and the installer now has that option. Redownload your software or is as simple as to make sure you have the afcad that corresponds to the one that is in the .ini file. This one is Sim-wings Madrid Barajas Professional\scenery\LEMD_AFX-OP02.bgl. you need to have such file in your Scenery folder, if you do not have it, is because you do not have the latest version of the scenery.
Cheers
[/quote]
I have the latest version and from scenery folder I have LEMD_AFX-OP02-N.bgl and LEMD_AFX-OP02-S.off I don't have LEMD_AFX-OP02.bgl

nordicman

« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2018, 02:07:14 pm »
Good day, Umberto. Thank you for your product. I believe it has definitely changed the way we look at FS. With that said, i saw your tutorial and i was wondering if it could be more in depth as far as changing the jetways at each airport. I'll be the first to admit i am not highspeed like most of these young snakeaters so being the dummy that i am would need a bit more just to make sure i do it right the first time. I want to use your product correctly and i know that everything i am doing is user error and that's fine. I learn by doing and following along. This is just a request, i can only imagine how busy you guys over at FSDT are. Another thing is how to reset everything to previous if you make a mistake. Thank you again for this, i cant say it enough, i will add more of your products to my sim in the coming months and years and thank you for your help. Attached is the issue i had when i selected the entire airport, obviously not all have jetways hehe.