Author Topic: GSX Not Recognizing that A/c is Parked  (Read 10013 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Not Recognizing that A/c is Parked
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2018, 09:34:12 am »
2nd: Can you help me with the log file to see whats wrong on my system?

As I've said in one of my previous posts, I need to see a .LOG file made after you select the "Restart and rebuild cache" option, otherwise we'll never know if a file has been rejected for some reason.

Juergen2

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2018, 09:49:26 am »
Hi Umberto,
Here is the log file I just created after a Couatl rebuild/restart.
Thanks for patience

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2018, 10:14:53 am »
As the log says, GSX has skipped several airports because they are unusually large for being AFCADs.

In order to speed up the cache rebuilding time, GSX automatically skips .BGLs larger than a certain size (1.2 MB by default), because usually AFCADs of default sceneries and commercial sceneries are much smaller.

However, some freeware authors don't conform to such standard, and have the habit of putting extra things like textures inside the airport .BGL (instead of keeping the airport data separated from the rest of the scenery), which result in files larger than that.

It's possible to raise this threshold in GSX, by setting the airportCacheMaxBGLSizeBytes in the Couatl.INI file, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17221.msg121243.html#msg121243

Of course, you'll have to do another "Restart and rebuild cache", after you set this parameter.

Juergen2

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2018, 10:36:46 am »
Umberto,
Thanks for speedy response. I will be out of town for a week. Upon my return, I will change the threshold and try again.
Thanks alot

garymccl

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2018, 04:39:32 am »
I am very interested in what the outcome here was because I have the same problem, and I have followed all instructions to increase the bgl size (in the ini file) and rebuild the system. I am still getting nowhere with it...

Gary

Juergen2

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2018, 12:10:15 pm »
Hi,
I finally got around to looking into the couatl.ini file and found out that there are NO entries other than:
"logFile="C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Couatl.log"
So I really don't know what's going on?
I guess I need some help
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2018, 05:04:59 pm »
I finally got around to looking into the couatl.ini file and found out that there are NO entries other than

Of course there aren't. If you want to change the default, you must CREATE that line yourself.

Juergen2

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2018, 06:34:25 pm »
Great, but how do I know what the default value is; e.g. "airportCacheMaxBGLSizeBytes = 4000000"?????
And how do you increase the maxbgl file size in increments of 1000 or 10000 or 100000?
Again, thanks for help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2018, 10:57:34 pm »
That's very easy. Look the name of the files that has been rejected for being too bug in the Couatl.LOG, and set a value higher than the largest of these files.

Juergen2

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2018, 09:11:15 am »
Hi Umberto,
I looked at the log file and can't find any rejected files. It is mostly "missing one or more files" "No module named ...."skipped, likely too big to be an airport".
There is no file size associated with it.
Could you have a look at the log file and see if you can find rejected files.
Thanks
Juergen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2018, 12:14:32 pm »
I looked at the log file and can't find any rejected files. It is mostly "missing one or more files" "No module named ...."skipped, likely too big to be an airport".

I meant: rejected because they are too big to be an airport...I can see the ones under Addon Scenery surely looks like airports.

There is no file size associated with it.

There's isn't supposed to be any. To check the size, open the file location, and check it by right-click on the file, select Properties->Details.

Juergen2

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2018, 12:59:52 pm »
Umberto,
Are you talking about these:
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery\CYYC_RS.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery\EDDF_CW_RS.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery\EHAM_CW_RS.bgl skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery\KBOS_RS.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery\KDEN_CW_RS.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery\KDFW_CW_RS.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery\KIAD_CW_RS.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery\KJFK_CW_RS.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery\KLAS_CW_RS.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery\KLAX_RS.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery\KSEA_RS.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery\KSFO_CW_RS.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery\KTPA_RS.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery\OMDB_RS.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery\PHNL_CW_RS.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
Folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery processed in 0.019 seconds
thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2018, 11:55:20 pm »
Are you talking about these:

Yes, those are the ones under "Addon Scenery" which were rejected for being too big.

Juergen2

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2018, 09:40:47 am »
Umberto,
these addon scenery files are all between 3,200KB and 3,700KB. So the command in the .ini file should be:
airportCacheMaxBGLSizeBytes=400000
Would this be correct?
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2018, 09:24:53 pm »
these addon scenery files are all between 3,200KB and 3,700KB.

So the command in the .ini file should be: airportCacheMaxBGLSizeBytes=400000. Would this be correct?

Of course not. If you wanted to set it at 4MB (4,000KB), it must be 4000000. 4 millions = SIX zeroes.