Author Topic: P3D V4 Manual?  (Read 3978 times)

saxdreamer787

P3D V4 Manual?
« on: August 23, 2018, 07:22:31 pm »
Dear staff, thank you in advance for your help...

I recently downloaded GSX for P3D and am having issues accessing the manual.  I did find a GSX manual online but only for FSX, nothing for P3D.  

- When searching my hard drive for the GSX manual, I found several files but they will not open.  I get an error message stating the file is corrupted.  Filenames: GSX_manual[1].pdf GSX_manual[1].dat

- When Using the Add-on manager in P3D, I click the manual button and no manual appears, it just flashes.

Let me add,...

I did discover the CTRL+ F12 and I get:
1 - Open AA (TWA)
2 - Open AA (High Bay)
3 - Open Continental Airlines
4 - Open U.S. Coast Guard

I am in training for 787 Captain at a major U.S. airline and would like to turn on External power at the gate so that I can practice my setup flows before I start my actual training.  It looks like a great product and I'm excited about getting it to function.  

Thanks again for your assistance!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 07:36:28 pm by saxdreamer787 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D V4 Manual?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 10:44:26 pm »
 I get an error message stating the file is corrupted.  Filenames: GSX_manual[1].pdf GSX_manual[1].dat

Those files shouldn't even exists, they shouldn't have an [1] in the name, and we surely never distributed a file named GSX_Manual.dat. The one and only file that we install related to the manual should be located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\GSX_manual.pdf

Assuming you installed GSX in the default folder. That's the GSX manual.

saxdreamer787

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 06:55:45 pm »
Thanks for the quick response...  I have included a screenshot of the C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl directory.  There is no GSX subdirectory. 

How should I go about reinstalling without creating more issues?

I have:
1) P3D V4
2) QualityWings 787
3) REX SkyForce 3D
4) GSX Sceneries for several airports
5) GSX Ground Services

- Sal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 11:43:43 pm »
There is no GSX subdirectory.  

That can only happen if you haven't installed GSX, as confirmed by your screenshot, which shows you only installed some FSDT sceneries, but not GSX.

Installing it will surely result in all its files to appear.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 11:45:15 pm by virtuali »

saxdreamer787

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 03:18:38 am »
You were correct, it was not installed.  I am of the opinion that something went wrong during the installation process.  During the second successful installation attempt, everything looked familiar.  The only thing that I did differently this time was to uncheck the option to install into the FSX Steam program.  I only installed GSX in P3D V4, not both P3D V4 and FSX Steam.  The installation was a success as evidenced by the attached screenshot.  

I think it would be of some benefit to the other end-users to know that if you only see:
1 - Open AA (TWA)
2 - Open AA (High Bay)
3 - Open Continental Airlines
4 - Open U.S. Coast Guard

Then your GSX is more than likely not installed.  I am new to P3D and the learning curve has been steep but successful.  I don't see an immediate need for the manual at this moment.  Simply pressing CTRL-F12 brings up a menu where you can either select either GSX services or some generic LAX items.  

I was getting the LAX items initially only and did not have the option to select GSX.  After the successful installation, the GSX option was not only there, but was option 1.  I hope this helps someone who encounters the same issue.

The attachments show a functioning GSX environment and both menus.

Cheers,
Sal
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 03:20:55 am by saxdreamer787 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 04:26:43 pm »
I think it would be of some benefit to the other end-users to know that if you only see:

--
Then your GSX is more than likely not installed.

There's an easier way to tell GSX is not installed, and it's the absence of the whole GSX menu under the "Addons" menu of the sim.