Author Topic: My GSX is not working in P3D v4.2 **P3D 4.2 bug**  (Read 4335 times)

MajorMike

My GSX is not working in P3D v4.2 **P3D 4.2 bug**
« on: April 10, 2018, 09:03:57 pm »
I have recently purchased a new computer and installed P3Dv4.2 and can't get the GSX to work. ( i should say I have owned GSX for sometime and have had no problems on my previous computer using it with FSX and P3D). I have menu problems in that the whole menu is not there and often when I am ready for pushback it weill give me the option for Activate Ground services then Previousv Next or sometimes it offers me deboarding when i want to push back. Also on arrival at an airport I do not get the parking options as  I used to
I have read on the forum that this may be a bug in P3Dv4 and LM are aware of it. I have already read that it may be because of an addon using the num keys. I do have Aivlasoft simple cam installed which uses the num keys. Is it a question of turning off the Simple cam?.
I have attached a screenshot of what I received this afternoon when I went to push back in the FS Labs A320-X. Also the Troubleshooting log file. The second screen shot was from severasl weeks ago.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank-you.
Michael Houghton
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 10:58:20 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: My GSX is not working in P3D v4.2
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 10:57:11 am »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, and it's a P3D 4.2-specific bug, which has been discussed countless of times on the forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17485.msg122680.html#msg122680

The other "problem", you have, which has been discussed so many times on the forum too, doesn't have anything to do with GSX too.

It's a bug caused by SOME 3rd party airplanes with some unusual ways to create cockpits, which confuses the sim, and will force it to create a menu which is not large enough to contain all the entries.

The menu can be resized with the mouse, of course...

MajorMike

Re: My GSX is not working in P3D v4.2 **P3D 4.2 bug**
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 09:08:10 pm »
I have resolved this by resizing the window which opens when you open GSX with Ctrl-F12.
It does not appear to be a problem with P3Dv4.2

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 12:00:58 am »
I have resolved this by resizing the window which opens when you open GSX with Ctrl-F12. It does not appear to be a problem with P3Dv4.2

The OP reported TWO problems:

- The automatic choice of options, which IS a P3D4.2 bug

- The Simconnect menu windows too small to show all the entries, which is NOT a P3D 4.2 specific bug but, instead, has been there for a long while, and it seems to be caused by some unusual ways some 3rd party developers create their gauge panels, which confuse the sim into calculating a too small size for the Simconnect menu window.

jalbino59

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 07:03:47 pm »
Umberto, may I ask, has LM offered you any information as to when they may fix this issue? I know it's their problem to fix. Just wondering if they might have mentioned anything to you about it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 10:18:36 am »
The bug will surely be fixed in the next 4.3 update. We don't know when it will be released.