Author Topic: GSX Menu option after arrival **SOLVED**  (Read 5162 times)

fdm79

GSX Menu option after arrival **SOLVED**
« on: March 14, 2018, 02:33:43 pm »
Hi,

GSX has always worked flawlessly to me until P3D V4.2
After reading some issues about Fuel truck coming when not requested, I realized I wasn't the only one having this issue, however, after ticking "Progressive refuel",  this "bug" seemed to stop. It's been very random anyway but it happened a few times just after catering or boarding, the fuel truck coming out of the blue  :D

BUT.... my question in this thread is about the GSX menu right after arrival.
After landing and leaving the runway and the Airport ground giving me a stand to go, whenever I press the button to pop up GSX menu to select a stand, instead of showing the menu to select a stand to go, it shows the menu asking: "Just Wrap me there", "Revoke Follow me", "Yes" even before I select a stand to park or do ANYTHING.

At first, I thought it was a new GSX system  :D  that would somehow identify the designated stand from the Ground but after pressing "Yes", the Follow me truck took me to the Runway in use !!!

So now, after landing, when I pop up GSX menu, I have to first press "revoke follow me" and then, select the stand and wait for the Follow me car to come.

Before, with 4.0 and 4.1, this had NEVER happened !
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 11:11:08 am by virtuali »

fdm79

Re: GSX Menu option after arrival
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 07:24:53 pm »
Ok... I've been doing some more testing and realized something !

I believe it's something related to the command to have the GSX menu screen. I think I've also come across a thread mentioning P3D V4.2 having a bug in this regard and maybe not GSX because it happened again BUT, what I did was pressing CTRL+SHIFT+F12 (Actually I have a Macro Key on my keyboard configured to do it instead), so the weird menu request came up again, then I pressed my macro key twice to turn the menu off and back on and it came back in the second time as it should, asking which stand to park...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Menu option after arrival
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 11:11:03 am »
This bug has been discussed so many times already on all forums and yes, GSX doesn't have anything to do with it and cannot do anything to prevent it.

It's a known P3D bug that has been introduced with 4.2, and affects *ALL* application with a menu, including the samples from the SDK provided by LM, and it's actually 4 bugs at the same time:

1) If you (or another addon) press/send a numeric key before opening the menu, that key will be sent to it automatically, auto-selecting the menu.

2) If you press a number that is higher than the number of available menu options, the key will be sent to the app just the same (it wasn't like that before), confusing the application that only expected options to be in a certain range

3) The numeric key you pressed will be sent to the sim as well so, for example, if you are in slew mode and select option 9 from an application with a menu, the 9 will be sent to the sim, so the plane will start to pitch up, because that's assigned to pitch up in Slew mode. It shouldn't work like that.

4) Opening a 3rd party application that has a menu, prevents to control the right rudder with the keyboard.

All 4 are fully acknowledged P3D 4.2 specific bugs, they affect each and every 3rd party application with a menu, none of them is a GSX problem or something that GSX can fix for itself, LM is aware of them, and the only thing to do is to wait for LM to came up with a fix.

Artox67

Re: GSX Menu option after arrival **SOLVED**
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 04:45:43 pm »
Hi,

I guess I found a solution for the time before LM solved it with a new update.

Just assigne a non-numeric key to open the menu. I use F10 and it works without an error.

Regards
Artox

whiggy

Re: GSX Menu option after arrival **SOLVED**
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 03:37:49 pm »
Hi,

I guess I found a solution for the time before LM solved it with a new update.

Just assigne a non-numeric key to open the menu. I use F10 and it works without an error.

Regards
Artox

Hmm I open the menu with default set: CTRL+F12
It's not a numeric key and it does not work cause i'm using numeric keys for other things like FMC programming view change etc.