Author Topic: Error: exception UNRECOGNIZED_ID  (Read 2215 times)

davidbr22

Error: exception UNRECOGNIZED_ID
« on: January 05, 2018, 08:22:28 pm »
Hi: Can you explain what's in the log ? After flying from KSEA to KLAX and after deboarding, after a short time FSX started stuttering. I reset using the reset option and that cleared up things. However, after departing KLAX FSX crashed. Coincidence or ?
Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error: exception UNRECOGNIZED_ID
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 10:08:08 pm »
That error looked like a similar error that happened on P3D up to a certain version, then it was fixed by LM, which was caused by a bug in the sim which reported that error (caused by ANOTHER Simconnect application), into the wrong "innocent" application, which is KLAX in this case so, we get errors that looked like were happening in our software, but were caused by other addons and were "leaking" to us, because of this bug, which has been fixed.

It's *possible* the bug is still there in FSX, and I see there are some objects with corrupted names which don't belong to KLAX in the error log, so it really seems another application that is creating Simobjects has caused this, since we surely don't try to create them.

And yes, of course, by resetting Couatl.exe, you cleared up the error, because after a reset it register itself on Simconnect with a different ID so, possibly, the rouge application that it's causing this, is leaking into another client.

davidbr22

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 06:55:49 pm »
I'm using FSX-SE and the only other addon's that use Sim Connect are AS16 and UT2.  Care to take an educated guess as to which one may be the culprit ? My computer is an X64 machine, does that contribute ?
Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 09:38:03 pm »
the only other addon's that use Sim Connect are AS16 and UT2.  Care to take an educated guess as to which one may be the culprit ?

Both are known to be very hard on Simconnect, sending lots of data to it. The first test would be disabling them, one by one, and see if it makes any difference.