Author Topic: GSX Update 2.1 **SOLVED**  (Read 5288 times)

colfmedion

GSX Update 2.1 **SOLVED**
« on: October 21, 2017, 03:50:09 pm »
Hi,
After update I activated GSX (via ctrl + F12) and the UI showed Parking, Gates etc but some of the gates were grouped differently to previous. When a gate was selected and "just warp me there" selected my aircraft was either placed in the sea or in the middle of the country side. Nothing I did corrected this. I have tried several reinstallations and also tried the update on a cloned copy of FSX but the results were always the same. I have now had to go back to a previous copy of GSX under which everything functions as it should. Grateful for any advice on this one.
Thanks
Colf
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 06:30:15 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Update 2.1
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 01:47:54 am »
Please indicate the airport and gate where this happens, and provide the name of the AFCAD in use.

colfmedion

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 05:15:51 pm »
Hi, Thanks for response.
Airports are Heathrow - AFCAD is UK2000 Scenery, KJFK - AFCAD is FSDreamTeam Scenery, Gatwick - AFCAD is UK2000 Scenery.  I am always careful to ensure no other AFCADS live. My FSX seems to have gone all over the place since I tried to install GSX 2.1. Have gone back to 1.9 but that took several goes and even now I cannot rely on FSX running as it should everytime I load it up. For example: today I reloaded GSX and the first time I ran it everything was fine. 2nd time GSX had disappeared!!. At this moment in time GSX is running okay. I am currently debating whether or not to RESET Windows 10 in case there is a problem there.
Colf

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 08:42:53 am »
First, uninstall EVERY old version of both GSX and any FSDT scenery: we cannot support you if we are not sure you are on the very latest version.

- Uninstall, and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" which is made at the end.

- Reinstall FSDT JFK, using only the current installer.

- Reinstall GSX, using only the current installer.

- Go to JFK, open the "customize airport positions" option, and check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX.

colfmedion

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 06:31:43 am »
Hi,
Carried out your instructions to the letter with the same result. If I hit "just warp me there" the aircraft appears in unrelated scenery before crashing. AFCAD was shown as AFCAD C:\Programs(x86)Addon Manager\fsdreamteam\KJFK\scenery\KJFK_FSDT.BGL. Please note that I get the same results in non FSDreamteam airports. Have now had to revert back to GSX 1.9 and a previous version of KJFK which function as normal.
Colf

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 08:55:17 am »
Have now had to revert back to GSX 1.9 and a previous version of KJFK which function as normal

Please DO NOT downgrade to 1.9. This would revert to the old folder structure so, if you already installed the later version, it will entirely screw up your entire installation.

Now you must:

- Uninstall EVERYTHING from FSDT, and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" and  "Do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine" which are made at the end.

- Reinstall everything from FSDT, using ONLY the current installer.

It's possible your problem has been caused by your uncalibrated joystick. In order to fix a problem with Warp not working with the Majestic Q400 (because it has a non-standard flight model), we put the plane in Slew mode before warping for just a second, and then turn it off after the Warp.

If your joystick is not calibrated properly, it's possible in the very brief amount of time the airplane was in Slew, the plane was moved away by the joystick. To fix this, you can either calibrate the joystick, or REMOVE all the joystick axes from the Slew axes in the Controls settings of the sim.

It's possible you have different joysticks so, the uncalibrated one that is causing the issue might not be the one you normally use so, check all of them.

colfmedion

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 05:10:10 pm »
Hi,
Carried out your instructions, again to the letter. Calibrated my G940 controls and removed Slew Axis from Joystick element.
Made a flight from Albany to KJFK. Did Ctrl + F12 and Warp me there to my selected gate and ended up somewhere in Brooklyn I think. Got the same result at Heathrow - ended up east of airport in a residential area. Tried again at Schipol and ended up in a field.
I did get an error message at KJFK which told me that Addon Manager was not installed and gave instructions on where to download from. This I did and installed it. (Again!) I did not get the error message again but still ended up in fields or the like.
The following is a copy of the log regarding Addon Manager:

couatl v3.2 (build 3852)
panic log started on Fri Oct 27 15:44:31 2017

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\youcontrol.py", line 64, in <lambda>
  File "couatl\common\youcontrol.py", line 95, in showContainer
  File "couatl\common\youcontrol.py", line 210, in show
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 204, in perform
  File ".\GSX\airportCustomization.py", line 344, in computePositionsForAircraft
  File ".\GSX\airportCustomization.py", line 330, in computeStopOffsetForAircraft
AttributeError: 'AircraftData' object has no attribute 'stopPositionOffset'
{'Airport': 'KJFK', 'User Pos': (40.64007851404723, -73.77323232041911, 6.85752 m, 2.74512 m, 309.08513843345537)}

It is meaningless to me.
Colf

colfmedion

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 07:28:28 am »
Hi,
An update on my problem. Totally reinstalled Windows 10 and FSX. Both on reformatted SSDs. The Windows 10 Pro is the Creator Autumn Version.
Minimum programs on both. Both load very quickly now. Everything seemed to be going well with FSX. Installed GSX, Addon Manager, and KJFK. All with fresh downloads from FSDT Site. All load well until a "Warp me there" was requested from active runway at KJFK to a stand. This time I ended up in a space between runways.
At this moment in time I cannot get in to FSX. When I click to load flight I get "Error creating Child Window". From research on the Net I gather that this is possibly due to the Creator Update and is quite common and relies on Fix by Microsoft, hopefully early in November.
However it seems I still have the problem with GSX.
Colf

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 09:55:55 am »
All load well until a "Warp me there" was requested from active runway at KJFK to a stand. This time I ended up in a space between runways.

As I've said in my previous message, this is likely caused by an uncalibrated joystick, which manages to move the airplane for the very brief amount of time we put it in Slew mode during Warp.

As I've said, there might be other joystick you might not be aware of that are listed in the joystick page, so be sure all of them are calibrated. But the best solution is, instead, REMOVE the assignment for Slew for ALL Joystick Axes for ALL joysticks that appear in the controls list.

At this moment in time I cannot get in to FSX. When I click to load flight I get "Error creating Child Window". From research on the Net I gather that this is possibly due to the Creator Update and is quite common and relies on Fix by Microsoft, hopefully early in November.

This doesn't have anything to do with any of our software. Yes, it's related to the Windows Creators update.

colfmedion

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 03:14:54 pm »
Thanks for response. I thought about the Slew controls afterwards. I had done them as you suggested before updates and reinstallations but not this time. I will look at them again and will post results when I can.
Colf

colfmedion

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 05:30:40 pm »
Hi,
Finally got everything!!! sorted out. The problem was defintely Windows 10 Creator Autumn Update. Info gained from Web confirmed this and that Microsoft would issue further update which should correct problem
and this would happen sometime in November. An update was issued  about 2nd week in November but this did not cure problem. A further update a week or so later did in fact cure problem. By this time I had further problems which after a month or so was finally resolved to becaused by Avast Anti Virus which I had foolishly installed because of rave reviews by Experts!!! I had previously gone along quite happily with Windows Defender and its predecessor. Avast was flagging up Trojans and other Viruses which were all false. Needless to say I got rid of Avast and reverted to  WIndows Defender. After a further couple of weeks of getting my programs back to where I want them to be everything appears to be fine and in particular FSX and GSX are both running (dare I say it) perfectly.
My thanks to Umberto for his priceless help.
Colfmedion