Author Topic: Some perspective for the people wanting an KORD update  (Read 9624 times)

antony

Some perspective for the people wanting an KORD update
« on: June 07, 2017, 01:00:33 am »
First off, I have nothing to do with fsdt.  But, I'm a locksmith in the immediate area of O'hare; and I've replaced keys for trucks owned by the construction company currently working on another new 9/27 runway.  Becasue of that, I've spoken with some of the guys working on the O'hare project.  O'hare is going through a massive, years long upgrade dealing with the airport itself, and western access that hasn't been available before.  So, on top of the second and third 10/28 runway people here are anxious for; there's a new north, 9/27 runway currently being built.  

On top of that, the new roadway being reconstructed (Thorndale Ave/Elgin O'hare Expy), is being debated on for a new western terminal, helping decrease traffic all being funneled by two interstates (I294/I90) into I-190 servicing the airport exclusively and causing terrible back ups on a daily basis.  

So while it seems fsdt could simply 'add' the 10C/28C and 10r/28L; there's the third 9/27C being built (early stages, mind you), the deletion of the N/S runways, plus the bigger scope of completely redesigning the airport.  Just keep this in the back of your mind when asking for an update for KORD.  I can't imagine that the team here can have anything worth selling out anytime soon.

edit: reword the title
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 01:09:47 am by antony »

mattd319

Re: Some perspective for the people wanting an KORD update
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 02:30:09 am »
servicing the airport exclusively and causing terrible back ups on a daily basis. 

As a local as well, I'm very familiar with these traffic backups - it's very frustrating!

I can't imagine that the team here can have anything worth selling out anytime soon.

I (personally) would buy an update to at least update the current runways and taxiways.  The construction will surely take years...

Realize the airport is in a constant state of flux, but for being the 2nd busiest in the country it's surprising only 1 exists in the market.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 01:46:33 pm »
I (personally) would buy an update to at least update the current runways and taxiways.  The construction will surely take years...

We ARE working on the update, right now. And it WILL take some time, because it's a complete remade from scratch, not just a quick fix like we did for KLAS (which is FREE).

And yes, we know that it will have to be updated again in the future, there's really not much we can do about it.

antony

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 07:38:38 pm »
An update with current taxi/runway layout is indeed good news; and I don't want to imply that any update wouldn't be worth buying.  I was trying to say that the amount of work you put into an update at your quality levels must be a frustrating exercise when you know in the relative near future, you're just going to have to go back to work again on the same scenery. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 12:13:23 am »
I was trying to say that the amount of work you put into an update at your quality levels must be a frustrating exercise when you know in the relative near future, you're just going to have to go back to work again on the same scenery.

Yes, I understood. It's not really frustrating, but sure it's a lot of work ahead.

Drumcode

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 07:38:09 pm »

We ARE working on the update, right now. And it WILL take some time, because it's a complete remade from scratch, not just a quick fix like we did for KLAS (which is FREE).

And yes, we know that it will have to be updated again in the future, there's really not much we can do about it.

Should I be getting excited about this now or is it ways away? I'm obviously not asking for specific dates but rather a time frame of whether it's months or weeks until this hits the market?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 12:10:13 am »
I'm obviously not asking for specific dates but rather a time frame of whether it's months or weeks until this hits the market?

Many months. It's like doing a brand new scenery from scratch, because this is what we are doing.

Drumcode

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 03:22:05 pm »
I'm obviously not asking for specific dates but rather a time frame of whether it's months or weeks until this hits the market?

Many months. It's like doing a brand new scenery from scratch, because this is what we are doing.

Excellent Umberto. Thank you for the info.

Ps. I'm still excited. :D

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 02:27:15 am »
I just purchased Chicago O'hare v2.0 for $16.77, 50% off, thinking I was getting an up to date version.  I didn't realize I was purchasing something from PCAviator that I had already gotten for free several years ago.  I printed out current charts and was pretty disappointed when the new runways didn't exist and some had changed numbers.  Oh well, live and learn!

Jerry
MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 10:25:41 pm »
I didn't realize I was purchasing something from PCAviator that I had already gotten for free several years ago

I'm not sure what you are referring to.

We surely never offered O'Hare for free so, I believe what you bought, is a perfectly usable version of O'Hare, which is more updated than the default scenery, you got a very good price too, and you'll surely be able to buy our future remake with some kind of upgrade offer.

And of course, all our products are available in Trial version, which are you are supposed to download and install before purchase.