Author Topic: installation issue **SOLVED**  (Read 3593 times)

ywg256

installation issue **SOLVED**
« on: June 06, 2017, 01:50:35 am »
Umberto,

Not sure where to go from here and may require you to remote into my computer.  So I have close to all of your products and all of FB.  I installed CYVR into a fresh v4, then installed KCLT.  I load up P3D v4 and both worked fine and in the addon manager had them as registered and active.  Ok, perfect.  So I then install KFLL, Hawaii 1 and 2, KDFW, KJFK v2, PHNL, LSGG, GSX, KMEM, KIAH, then the FB stuff, KSFOHD, KPHX, KIAD, and KDEN.  I now go into P3D v4 and any of the airports i select gives me no ground polys, and only the gates. I try to activate using the key but when I input the key it does nothing. for KCLT, there are elevation problems and pretty much everything is missing.  Obviously I have something screwed up but after scouring for the past day of what could be wrong, countless reinstalls, I am at a loss of what could be wrong.  The only other products I have installed so far are ORBX FTX Global, FTX Trees, a couple of VirtualCol aircraft, FSTramp, FTX NA OLC, FT CYYZ, FT CYUL, Ultimate Traffic Live, all of the simaddons stuff and Washington X and UUEE by Drzewiecki Design.

Any idea of what I need to be looking for next?
Sean
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 02:06:41 pm by virtuali »

ywg256

Re: installation issue
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 04:46:06 am »
Here is a weird one.  I have been installing/uninstalling with antivirus on/off, etc.  Scouring the forum for anything that could help.  One thing that I kept noticing was that couatl was never showing up on my screen...ever.  I end up going into the couatl folder and double clicking the couatl.exe manually...fired up PHNL and boom! full scenery.  I have never, never had to do this previously with any FSDT or FB installs.  Why would it not just start automatically for me?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 11:14:35 am »
I have never, never had to do this previously with any FSDT or FB installs.  Why would it not just start automatically for me?

The installer obviously correctly configure the sim to have it started automatically but, if you look here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15760.msg113699.html#msg113699

It seems we found a bug and, as usual, it was caused by a flaky installation of another product, which seems to have trigger a bug in the sim, preventing to load ALL the other executables. We have reported it to LM, of course.

ywg256

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 07:13:19 pm »
Got it, Ultimate Traffic Live is the issue.  It's an open beta with no proper V4 installer yet so not really surprised.