Author Topic: P3D v4 - Couatl doesn't load **SOLVED**  (Read 19696 times)

Sensient

Re: P3D v4 - Unable to activate sceneries and Couatl doesn't load
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 11:21:11 pm »
- Download and install with the antivirus disabled.

Done, no luck as stated already.

- Before starting the sim, configure the antivirus, and be sure to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning.

Done, no luck as stated already.

- If that doesn't work, try reinstalling Windows after the installation.

If you're kidding, I don't find it as amusing as you might be finding it at this point.
Once again, I am not here to search for who is to blame for this issue, but this isn't support anymore.

We are paying customers with an issue. I have bought almost every single product you released and I expect an issue to be taken seriously. Please PM me an email address of somebody from your Dev team that is able to help me, should this be the best you can come up with.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 11:29:25 pm »
If you're kidding, I don't find it as amusing as you might be finding it at this point. Once again, I am not here to search for who is to blame for this issue, but this isn't support anymore.

How wrong you can be ? Without knowing anything about how Windows works, you are trying to imply that I'm "joking", suggesting to restart Windows ?

First, I find this highly offensive, considering the extreme amount of support you are ALREADY getting, to imply that I gave you a bonker suggestion.

The installer launches two different versions of the MS VC++ Redistributables, which are BOTH required by the software to work, using the Microsoft installer, and it's a fact that sometimes, after installing these runtimes, a Windows restart is required, because those installers needs a restart to update files that wasn't possible to update without restarting, to the finishing operations are scheduled for the next restart.

So, do as being asked first, and TRY RESTARTING WINDOWS AFTER INSTALLING.

If even THAT doesn't work, then we might have a Teamviewer session, so I can show you whatever problem you have in your system that is preventing to start the program.

Sensient

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 11:32:17 pm »
If you're kidding, I don't find it as amusing as you might be finding it at this point. Once again, I am not here to search for who is to blame for this issue, but this isn't support anymore.
So, do as being asked first, and TRY RESTARTING WINDOWS AFTER INSTALLING.

You wrote "reinstall", hence my reply.

Sensient

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 11:36:49 pm »
I restarted my machine and booted up P3Dv4.

Sadly no difference. And also an unfortunate misunderstanding a couple of posts ago.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 11:42:36 pm »
You wrote "reinstall", hence my reply.

I guess the spell checker might have done a trick on me.

But really, it should have been obvious it must have been a typo: "Reinstalling Windows after reinstalling" doesn't make any sense: a Windows reinstall would surely wipe out any program just reinstalled. Had I said "reinstall Windows then reinstall our program", it might be just a drastic suggestion, so you might have had a point, but "reinstalling windows after reinstalling", cannot be anything other than a typo.

Ok, I'm now waiting for you PM about the Teamviewer session. And FYI: it's 23:42 here now, and I AM supporting you.

Sensient

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2017, 12:33:54 am »
Thanks Umberto for locating the cause.

I'm sure Umberto will let you know what exactly the issue is. But basically for me it was a corrupt EXE from the Ultimate Traffic Live Beta that prevented the Addon Manager from loading Couatl.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: P3D v4 - Couatl doesn't load **SOLVED**
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2017, 12:45:10 am »
But really, it should have been obvious it must have been a typo: "Reinstalling Windows after reinstalling" doesn't make any sense: a Windows reinstall would surely wipe out any program just reinstalled. Had I said "reinstall Windows then reinstall our program", it might be just a drastic suggestion, so you might have had a point, but "reinstalling windows after reinstalling", cannot be anything other than a typo.
What's obvious to you isn't necessarily obvious to everyone else. Not everyone is able to figure these things out right off the bat.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 01:03:40 am »
Not everyone is able to figure these things out right off the bat.

We were referring ONLY to my clearly surreal "reinstall windows after reinstalling" sentence, that could only be a typo.

In any case, what we found in the Teamviewer session, it's clearly a newly discovered P3D bug: it seems that a corrupted EXE.XML in the %PROGRAMDATA% folder, will prevent *all* the other .EXE from loading, even those referenced in their own add-on.xml. What makes the bug more interesting, is that a corrupted EXE.XML in the %APPDATA% folder, instead, DOES NOT cause any troubles, and it will be just ignored, as it always was the case.

In our case, the corrupted EXE.XML was caused by the section related to the UT Traffic Live misplaced and outside the <Simbase.Document> tag (it should be inside), making it an illegal XML.

And usual, what it might have been easy to assume as a "Couatl doesn't load" issue, didn't had anything to do with it, and neither Couatl was the only .exe affected, since the AS16 .exe didn't start too, and of course the UT Live didn't, which was what seems to have caused the problem in the first place.

Of course, I already reported the issue to LM, in their developers forum.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2017, 07:34:13 am »
We were referring ONLY to my clearly surreal "reinstall windows after reinstalling" sentence, that could only be a typo.
I know, so was I. That's why I quoted it.
Captain Kevin

RoDuSu

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2017, 10:17:18 pm »
Is this something I can fix too, or do I have to wait for it to be resolved?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2017, 09:54:44 am »
Is this something I can fix too, or do I have to wait for it to be resolved?

Have you read this thread ?

If your issue is that Couat doesn's start automatically because your EXE.XML in %PROGRAMDATA% is corrupted by another installer, or because you edited it by hand, there's nothing we can do to fix it, you either fix it yourself, or just remove it. The sim is not using already, if it's corrupted, so removing it won't cause any problem.