Author Topic: GSX 1.9.9.11 - Major update  (Read 134018 times)

ddressel

Re: GSX 1.9.9.11 - Major update
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2017, 09:39:21 pm »
hi, seems to be I´m not alone.... with this "Major Disaster"
I even get one more error message (02.jpg)
How to install the further version?
Dieter

thibodba

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2017, 09:41:57 pm »
Did you guys even both to vet this before releasing it?  Ever since I've installed it I've had P3D and FSX SE doesn't run write if it even bothers to finish its boot process completely.  90% of the time it just hangs up during the process.  The fix....reinstall GSX..cool it runs for 3 or 4 times then it just hangs up again.  I can't just uninstall this mess either, I've tried that whatever corruption your GSX update did it lingers after the uninstall so now I'm at uninstalling P3D and FSX SE and starting fresh without GSX.  Please for the love of god, properly vet your service updates before you release them!

williamburgess

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2017, 09:49:03 pm »
 :o :o >:( :( :( :( :(  Hello DreamTeam Support, as with everyone here in the forum having these same issues with the newly released MAJOR UPDATE! Well as you see that did not go well indeed! For some its a problem, for some a big deal and others a BIG DISASTER...  having the same issues as everyone else. Download the update and NOW NOTHING is working FSX crashes depending on your answer of yes or no to the library warning. When selecting No... fsx loads but buildings don't appear, No control manager in the add ons tab. Without going through and explaining all that has happened since the update, what are your immediate plans to fix the problems? Is there a way to roll back to the previous version of GSX? I'm a member of a small club which we have 5 PC's running GSX. This club helps and teaches young adults the aspects of flight and now we are, unfortunately having to go back to the standard fsx default ways of the fsx experience.... ??? The airport add ons are useless to us in this manner. Please let us know how to resolve the issue. I am sure your customer base, I hope as I have learned not to jump on any updates as soon as they are released. This is going to leave a bitter taste in your customers base, as to really trust future updates. So, like ALL, we will be waiting for the HOT FIX!

skipy33

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2017, 11:04:16 pm »
By chance I have full backup of all drives in my PC. I can go back to a stable FSX state by removing and restoring the FsDreamteam folder, the Simobjects\misc folder and all the bglman*.* files in FSX root.

klm480

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2017, 11:54:57 am »
FSX 64bit
before your last (major) update everything worked as a charm (do have most airports and GSX from FSDT)

without going into details...

GSX and all folders in the right place
did re-install of KIAH and after that GSX with norton anti-virus off and checked for the exeptions bglmanx.dll and ... Couatl.exe in the scan exclusions of Norton anti-virus

but couatl engine stops working  and the GSX tab is not visible in the add-on tab inside FSX (nor the add on manager tab inside FSX)

regards,

Hans

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2017, 09:55:45 pm »
Did you guys even both to vet this before releasing it?

Obviously yes, we launch the sim like 100 times at day and, of course, no problems whatsoever. The difficult issue, is understand what other programs we never heard of it might conflict with.

Daniel.Burke01

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2017, 11:01:53 pm »
The only thing the majority of us installed prior to your update was the PMDG 747 v.3.   However, I've uninstalled that program, and reinstalled your update and I still get the same outcome.  As of now, I continue to say that the issue is something that is being installed during the "live update" portion of the GSX/Add-on manager installation.  I only say this because I used a full GSX installer that was downloaded on August 1st, 2016 that would not have included any of the new features.  However, that installer still launched "new" items like the deicing pads during the "live update" portion of the installation.  I would gather the issue lies in this section of the installation as the same installer worked fine in August.

Thanks,
-Dan-

skipy33

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2017, 11:26:27 pm »
Anyone can give the filesize of the new bglmanx.dll? I didn't note it but I remember it was around 2Mb greater than the previous one I restored (1.78Mb)?

S.

Airshinx_13

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2017, 11:59:29 pm »
:o :o >:( :( :( :( :(  Hello DreamTeam Support, as with everyone here in the forum having these same issues with the newly released MAJOR UPDATE! Well as you see that did not go well indeed! For some its a problem, for some a big deal and others a BIG DISASTER...  having the same issues as everyone else. Download the update and NOW NOTHING is working FSX crashes depending on your answer of yes or no to the library warning. When selecting No... fsx loads but buildings don't appear, No control manager in the add ons tab. Without going through and explaining all that has happened since the update, what are your immediate plans to fix the problems? Is there a way to roll back to the previous version of GSX? I'm a member of a small club which we have 5 PC's running GSX. This club helps and teaches young adults the aspects of flight and now we are, unfortunately having to go back to the standard fsx default ways of the fsx experience.... ??? The airport add ons are useless to us in this manner. Please let us know how to resolve the issue. I am sure your customer base, I hope as I have learned not to jump on any updates as soon as they are released. This is going to leave a bitter taste in your customers base, as to really trust future updates. So, like ALL, we will be waiting for the HOT FIX!

Its not even GSX no more. Its also the sceneries. My JFKV2 does not load up. Please provide a fix soon for this :/
Reynaldo Rodriguez
Philadelphia, PA
VATSIM ZNY S3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2017, 12:01:57 am »
Its not even GSX no more. Its also the sceneries. My JFKV2 does not load up. Please provide a fix soon for this :/

It's not possible to provide a fix, I cannot reproduce it. So, the only possible way is by cooperation with someone having it, and have a Teamviewer session with him to check his system and see what's causing it.

Someone affected should contact me in private to arrange that.

Daniel.Burke01

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2017, 12:33:16 am »
Is it possible to provide to an installer that will deliver just the base files for GSX without adding the "live update" portion of the installer? I'd like to see if that makes a difference. As I said above even my prior installer doesn't work.  It has to be something that's being feed in the live update portion of the install...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2017, 12:38:50 am »
I have downloaded the update and it is working great with the Passenger PMDG 747 V3 but it does not find the correct doors on the Freighter version. Both cargo lifters proceed to the rear aft cargo door and ask for entry 2 to be opened.

We updated this already. Just run the installer again to get it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2017, 12:39:56 am »
Is it possible to provide to an installer that will deliver just the base files for GSX without adding the "live update" portion of the installer?

Just disconnect the network. But I doubt it would make any difference, since the new installer contains the same files that would have been downloaded so, if you are getting a crash, it doesn't have anything to do with the Live update.

As I've said in several other threads, I cannot reproduce it. So, the only possible way is by cooperation with someone having it, and have a Teamviewer session with him to check his system and see what's causing it.

Airshinx_13

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2017, 12:45:21 am »

It's not possible to provide a fix, I cannot reproduce it. So, the only possible way is by cooperation with someone having it, and have a Teamviewer session with him to check his system and see what's causing it.

I sent you a message. My main problem for this now is that it takes my sim longer to start. I also use EZDOK and it gives me a simconnect error each time i start FSX:SE. I tried uninstalling and doing clean installs of gsx and EZDOK and when its EZDOK alone my sim is working fine. With the scenery, it looks like the coutali.exe fails because i get a prompt as soon as i spawn in.  I hope to find a solution for these issues.
Reynaldo Rodriguez
Philadelphia, PA
VATSIM ZNY S3

mrbill55

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2017, 01:40:26 am »
I have some info that may be of help to some. If you are fortunate enough to have a prior version of  GSX and want to install it, I have something that may help. First: turn off the internet connection, then run the install as administrator. Start FSX ( I cannot speak for other sim formats) Assuming you get a install prompt window DO NOT click on install. Click on "options" on the left side of the window and select install from there. If you should get the .dll error message say yes. Hopefully your prior version will now install. This worked for me. I realize all systems are different, so this may not help everyone. It seems we as consumers may have to work to help each other. Personally I think it would be nice for FSDT to at least post the prior major update once again so that at least some of us may succeed in installing it. As is often the case, denial runs rampant. It is our software, our add ons, our system. Anything but the developers fault. At this point I think most of us know better. Show us some support FSDT and solve the problem, or at least re offer the last version with fuel trucks etc. I really hope this helps some of you.

Blue skies,

Bill C