Author Topic: Where has my scenery gone?  (Read 7919 times)

777200LR

Where has my scenery gone?
« on: January 18, 2009, 09:50:20 pm »
It seems like every time my scenery.cfg changes I have problems

In Amsterdam

I'm really not sure where this is coming from considering that I've paid for both of these sceneries, and my AES credits. I have proof as well.This system is really a pain. I flew from EGLL-EHAM earlier this week, AES and cloud9 EHAM was working fine. I flew EHAM-TNCB and it worked again fine. Now Im planning to fly IAD-JFK and my scenery isnt appearing. The only thing I've done in between is to add Imagine Sim IAD to my scenery DB. 

I've had this problem before and I reinstalled EHAM and KJFK. It went away for a bit but why's it back?

gregvancouver

Re: Where has my scenery gone?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 10:27:59 pm »
Ican't help you with this, but I can tell you that for some reason I also received the AES Error saying the 'scenery prtection active', but only at FSDT KORD and LSZH. Hmmmmm.

777200LR

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 10:48:14 pm »

Looks like it works just fine in FSX ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 12:25:57 am »
That message comes from AES.

You need to be sure that:

- You have the current version of the scenery

- You have the current version of AES

If you have the current version of the scenery with an older version of AES, it wouldn't work. The opposite is also true, if you have an older version of the scenery with a newest version of AES, it wouldn't work either.

777200LR

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 12:37:56 am »
Thanks for the response.But what about the missing scenery and taxiways? I have the latest AES 1.99.I'm going to reinstall all my cloud9 FSDT stuff now and reinstall it along with AES.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 12:43:52 am »
Thanks for the response.But what about the missing scenery and taxiways? I have the latest AES 1.99.I'm going to reinstall all my cloud9 FSDT stuff now and reinstall it along with AES.

It's probably because you have the latest AES, but not the latest scenery.  That's why you got the warning from AES.

777200LR

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 02:52:30 am »
I have always used EHAM 1.04

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 03:47:48 am »
Please, try download it again, because the actual files in the Cloud9 installer might have been updated without the version number being updated as well.

However, I'm not sure now, are you refering to EHAM of JFK ?? Because for JFK, there was only one AES release and it was never made obsolete by any upgrade of the scenery, nor the scenery ever needed an upgrade to support an AES update, so you should never see the red AES message at JFK to begin with.

Check also your scenery.cfg is in order and that another installer hasn't corrupted it, or moved JFK too low in priority, or something like that. I also seems to recall that some users had issues with external utilities that manage the scenery.cfg.

777200LR

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 04:04:29 am »
Please, try download it again, because the actual files in the Cloud9 installer might have been updated without the version number being updated as well.

However, I'm not sure now, are you refering to EHAM of JFK ?? Because for JFK, there was only one AES release and it was never made obsolete by any upgrade of the scenery, nor the scenery ever needed an upgrade to support an AES update, so you should never see the red AES message at JFK to begin with.

Check also your scenery.cfg is in order and that another installer hasn't corrupted it, or moved JFK too low in priority, or something like that. I also seems to recall that some users had issues with external utilities that manage the scenery.cfg.

Yes, I was using Scenery Manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 01:16:18 pm »
Yes, I was using Scenery Manager.

Try not to. Check the sceneries are still there in the Scenery Library, and if they aren't, add them manually, and put them at the top, just 1 layer below AES base scenery, which should be the only one on top of them.