Author Topic: FSL A320X & New Refuel  (Read 2481 times)

XCLTM3

FSL A320X & New Refuel
« on: December 24, 2016, 08:01:30 am »
Hello Umberto,

thanks for the latest update to the refuel via GSX - great animations.

I was able to tweak things within GSX to get the refuel positioning just right.

Also, is there any way in the future, that end users will be able to control the paths GSX craft use within the airport?

I ask this due to the fact that the fuel truck is using the aircraft  taxiways. Most of my 3rd party airport sceneries contain vehicle roads/paths.

Rgds,

Steve

PS: For all FSL A320X users - these are the settings I'm using to align the refuel truck under the port (left) wing:

Position:  -10.25    -2.92     3.90

Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSL A320X & New Refuel
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 01:07:01 pm »
I ask this due to the fact that the fuel truck is using the aircraft  taxiways. Most of my 3rd party airport sceneries contain vehicle roads/paths.

All GSX vehicles will use vehicle paths by preference, IF they are available. Taxiways will be used ONLY if there are no proper vehicle (not roads) paths available in the AFCAD.

A mistake some scenery developers do, is to add vehicle paths but not connected to anything.

A vehicle path should at least connect to a least one node that can reach your parking: if they are totally separate from the rest of the network layout, they won't be used. All vehicle paths in default airports always have a least one point where the path connects to an apron node.

XCLTM3

Re: FSL A320X & New Refuel
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 01:21:32 am »

All GSX vehicles will use vehicle paths by preference, IF they are available. Taxiways will be used ONLY if there are no proper vehicle (not roads) paths available in the AFCAD.

A mistake some scenery developers do, is to add vehicle paths but not connected to anything.

A vehicle path should at least connect to a least one node that can reach your parking: if they are totally separate from the rest of the network layout, they won't be used. All vehicle paths in default airports always have a least one point where the path connects to an apron node.

Thanks for clearing that up Umberto.

All the best to you and the FSDT staff members for Xmas and 2017.

Rgds,

Steve
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio