Author Topic: Call Jetways  (Read 9591 times)

Hnla

Call Jetways
« on: June 02, 2016, 11:55:49 pm »
Is there any way to call the Jetway when the plane is not boarding? In the real world, the jetway is connected to the aircraft almost the entire time when it's at the gate at the airport.

Having the jetway only connect to the plane when GSX is boarding for 5 minutes is not how it works at all.

Otherwise, fantastic airport!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Call Jetways
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 11:57:14 pm »
Is there any way to call the Jetway when the plane is not boarding? In the real world, the jetway is connected to the aircraft almost the entire time when it's at the gate at the airport.

This is how we made it so, right now, there's no way to change it, but we can take your suggestion into account.

Hnla

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 12:03:50 am »
That's really surprising...Have you not flown before? I mean, come on...

How are the pilots and crew supposed to get back and forth to the airplane? Any person who has flown frequently would agree on this...

I would take my suggestion more than "into account"...

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 12:21:51 am »
I'm confused.. doesn't the jetway come to the plane when you request deboarding and remain attached until boarding is complete?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 12:24:05 am »
I'm confused.. doesn't the jetway come to the plane when you request deboarding and remain attached until boarding is complete?

Of course. It would be a problem only if you are simulating the first flight of the day.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 12:32:01 am »
And first flight of the day, the plane would've been locked down overnight and the jetway pulled back to prevent entry, so the 5 minutes part would be correct.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Hnla

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 12:39:32 am »
Well I requested boarding- jetway came. Boarding took 5 minutes- and the jetway retracted. When I start the flight the jetway is obviously not attached to the aircraft

Maybe i'm doing something incorrectly..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 01:02:56 am »
Well I requested boarding- jetway came. Boarding took 5 minutes- and the jetway retracted. When I start the flight the jetway is obviously not attached to the aircraft

That's confirm what I've said. If you start with boarding, is as if you were simulating the first flight of the day. If you just landed, you normally select Deboarding first so, the jetway will then stay attached until Boarding is finished.

Hnla

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 01:13:21 am »
Yes thats right- but it's still not correct in the real world. On any flight, regardless if it's the first flight of the day or not, they connect the jetway way before actual boarding of passengers.

Plus- nobody starts a new flight "right after" they just landed without restarting the simulation.. .

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 01:23:00 am »
On any flight, regardless if it's the first flight of the day or not, they connect the jetway way before actual boarding of passengers.

You are still missing the point. If it's not the first flight of the day, you are supposed to start with Deboarding.

Plus- nobody starts a new flight "right after" they just landed without restarting the simulation.. .

This is irrelevant, since GSX doesn't really care if you restarted the sim or not.

It's you that, if you know you have landed from somewhere before, even if you restarted the sim, should start with Deboarding first.

Again, this is what you are supposed to do, except if you are simulating the first flight of the day. If you are not, how do you expect passenger and luggage from the previous flight (yes, yes, you restarted the sim, but it doesn't make any difference) to exit the plane ?

Hnla

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 01:47:26 am »
Im sorry.. this is so confusing.

Ok- If i get you, are you saying that when I load up the airplane and start a new flight at the gate, that I should first select "Deboard"?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 01:53:34 am »
Ok- If i get you, are you saying that when I load up the airplane and start a new flight at the gate, that I should first select "Deboard"?

Yes, that would place the airplane in the correct status: after an hypothetical previous flight.

JPL19

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2016, 10:45:13 pm »
I think this is very inconvenient and unrealistic to have to start via deboarding just to connect the jetways. 

Even if it is not the first flight of the day, it is very common in the US for there to be a crew change where the outbound crew would board the aircraft (via an attached jet-way), well before any passenger boarding.

As mentioned most simmers do not start a flight by ending a previous one.  Gates are not put in place "five minutes" before boarding, and the flight crew may well be starting their work +/- 20 minutes before boarding.

Furthermore, it is completely unrealistic for the jetway to retract the very second boarding stops, with doors open none-the-less.  Even GSX service trucks and stairways wait for you to close the door, at least.  Jetways usually to not pullback until immediately before push.

Joe L.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2016, 10:48:54 pm »
We'll have an additional option to call jetways manually in the next update.

JPL19

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2016, 10:57:29 pm »
We'll have an additional option to call jetways manually in the next update.

Absolutely fantastic - thank you.

Joe