Author Topic: Flashing Textures On Roof **SOLVED**  (Read 5126 times)

Republic DC-9

Flashing Textures On Roof **SOLVED**
« on: January 25, 2016, 07:47:44 pm »
I am getting strange flickering on the textures of the terminal building roofs - like the greenish/glass texture is trying to come through the gray roof texture?

FSX-SE with i7-6700 4.0Ghz and GTX745 - frames are smooth and scenery looks great at a constant FPS.

Any particular settings on my card that I should tweak or modify that would cause this?   The card isn't "hot" and VAS etc. seem just fine, so it seems like a setting somewhere.   I have all the latest settings installed.   I'm also running at half refresh rate.

And yes, I tried the demo, saw the flickering and I STILL bought the airport as flickers or not it is so much better than the default and it'll be used as a destination to fly to and take off from - minimal flickering (maybe one large hangar door) once on the ground - an absolutely incredible piece of scenery!

Thanks,

Steve
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:41:01 am by virtuali »

Republic DC-9

Re: Flashing Textures On Roof
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 03:04:19 am »
I am getting strange flickering on the textures of the terminal building roofs - like the greenish/glass texture is trying to come through the gray roof texture?

FSX-SE with i7-6700 4.0Ghz and GTX745 - frames are smooth and scenery looks great at a constant FPS.

Any particular settings on my card that I should tweak or modify that would cause this?   The card isn't "hot" and VAS etc. seem just fine, so it seems like a setting somewhere.   I have all the latest settings installed.   I'm also running at half refresh rate.

And yes, I tried the demo, saw the flickering and I STILL bought the airport as flickers or not it is so much better than the default and it'll be used as a destination to fly to and take off from - minimal flickering (maybe one large hangar door) once on the ground - an absolutely incredible piece of scenery!

Thanks,

Steve

Ok I fixed my own issue - i first tried a clean fsx.cfg and original settings on the graphics card etc - no dice - but i knew from other posts that might be suggested.

On the Orbx forums i did find a post that talked about disabling some PNW patch files and sure enough this fixed the problem - no more flashing green terminal roofs!

Files were as follows - works great now - I love it!

Steve

ADE_FTX_PNW_CYVR_Vancouver_Intl.BGL
ADE_FTX_PNW_CYVR_Vancouver_Intl_CVX.bgl
FTX_PNW_objects_CYVR_Delta_PLC.bgl
FTX_PNW_objects_CYVR_PLC.bgl

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Flashing Textures On Roof **SOLVED**
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 06:05:06 pm »
 Removing those types of files from FTX goes with ANY of the FTX regions. If you have LAX, LAS, SFO, SEA or ANY addon airports that reside within FTX regions.

That file, FTX_PNW_objects_CYVR_Delta_PLC.bgl afaik can stay in FTX PNW. Im not exactly sure what it does, but doesn't seem to interfere with FSDT CYVR.