Author Topic: runway texture problem  (Read 5223 times)

Andy0514

runway texture problem
« on: January 24, 2016, 02:32:59 am »
I had this runway texture problem, where the ends of RWY 26R and RWY 31 are covered with default texture, and RWY 26R and 8L's touchdown tire marks are not overwritten with your custom texture, so looks default. Only 26L and 13 looks normal to me. This happened because Couatl crashed on me, and told me to update or something. I ran the addon manager installer, and after that, this happened. Reinstalling did no good.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:35:34 am by Andy0514 »

Andy0514

Re: runway texture problem
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 02:36:23 am »
touchdown mark texture
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:38:12 am by Andy0514 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 02:04:26 pm »
There's nothing wrong in your screenshots, other than your default runway texture looks different than the default one, maybe you have some kind of texture replacement package ?

Andy0514

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 05:14:28 am »
thanks for the response, yeah I use this Airport Enhancer HDX, which simply replaces the default texture, so it should be on the same level as default. What I don't get is why is the displaced threshold the only part of the runway that's covered with default texture, but the rest is custom texture? Also, I have CYVR installed in FSX, with airport enhancer installed as well, but everything is normal on that platform. In fact, in P3D, everything worked fine until I updated Couatl, and this started. This is pretty annoying, as the texture is just out-of-place.

I've attached another screenshot, this time showing the end of rwy31.

*update, I found out more about this problem. Turns out it only happens on where the runway surface is supposed to be concrete. The entire 26R/8L is covered with default texture (after deleting Airport Enhancer), but RWY 26R/8L (asphalt) is fine, except for the end of 8L, which is concrete. Same thing with the ends of RWY31, which is concrete, therefore covered with default texture. It might be due to missing texture, but the problem wasn't fixed after a reinstall. Any solutions would be much appreciated, thanks!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 06:03:18 am by Andy0514 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 11:40:35 am »
In fact, in P3D, everything worked fine until I updated Couatl, and this started.

That's because you had a outdated AFCAD, and if you updated the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and replied YES to the question about downloading updated AFCADs, you got the new, correct version.

The issue is, we had to fix this, because the issue was that, with default runways set to 0 width, AI sometimes gets stuck on the hold short zone, without departing, as discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12865.msg97062.html#msg97062

So, we updated the AFCAD to have a proper width which fixes the AI problem, and in FSX doesn't cause any visual issue, but in P3D it seems the default runways have an higher drawing priority. In your case, since you replaced the default textures, it's more visible, because we based our custom textures to be not too different to the default one.

I don't see many solution, I think you agree that a functional airport with working AI is better.