Author Topic: Carnasie Approach  (Read 3387 times)

viennaman

Carnasie Approach
« on: November 10, 2015, 05:59:04 pm »
Hello,

I like the update and scenery but the Carnasie approach needs major improvement in the lead-in lighting - Whoever flew the Carnasie approach in real - and i did in the cockpit of a 777 from Austrian knows that the lead-in lights are so so strong that you really have a nice path to follow. In the scenery its almost impossible to fly a appropriate approach.

Please advise

Marek LOWW

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Carnasie Approach
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 10:29:35 pm »
In the scenery its almost impossible to fly a appropriate approach.

Please advise

There's nothing you can do, that's how the scenery is made. Nobody ever complained about lights not being strong enough: they are basically the same intensity as the default FSX runway lights, and that's how FSX renders lights, unless you turn on Bloom, which is basically unusable in FSX because of the fps impact. P3D has a much stronger lighting, because it uses HDR, and it allows for more realistic runway lights.

viennaman

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 07:04:06 am »
Thanks Umberto for the reply - I meant that its very hard to follow the path as there is no continuity in the lightning system. Don't u think ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 04:21:07 pm »
Thanks Umberto for the reply - I meant that its very hard to follow the path as there is no continuity in the lightning system. Don't u think ?

There's no continuity in real life, see here:

The scenery is made like that, and as indicated in the official approach charts that comes with the manual, there are 3 small clusters of lights, one at the Old Mill Creek, another on Lefferts Blvd. and another on the Hotel, then the regular runway lights.