Author Topic: KJFK black airport  (Read 5093 times)

mdelacruzperu

KJFK black airport
« on: November 11, 2015, 05:01:46 pm »
Hello guys, thank you for this excellent scenery of NYC.

My question is if you have any idea why when I'm approaching NY via 31R I see the airport black? After I landed, when I was going to the gates, suddenly Prepar3D v3 crash without message just dissapear from my eyes.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KJFK black airport
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 06:39:16 pm »
I tried it here, just to be sure, but cannot see any problems with textures, and nobody reported it before. A brief moment of black textures while loading them (about 7NM outside the airport) it's normal, but they will appear.

Have you installed JFK using our latest P3D V3-compatible installer ? Or, maybe, you moved from FSX or an older version of P3D ? This won't work, you really must run the installer and select P3D as target.

mdelacruzperu

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 07:04:08 pm »
Umberto thank you very much for your time to answer my inquiry.

Yes i used the last installation file for P3Dv3, is the first time I buy this product. This issue is really weird. After that, I used a little aircraft to fly around the KJFK airport and verify if the problem persists, but no problem at all. I think this could be related to resources exhausted in my PC, after flying for a while, despite the fact that I have a powered computer: Asus Z97PRO, Core I5 4690K, 16 GB RAM, SSD disk, MSI 750 (but changing to 980 ti in a couple of weeks).

I will continue testing because I'm flying now from KBOS to KJFK, and viceversa, trying a couple addon sceneries I recently bought. So it could be a problem from the other party.

Best regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 08:24:57 am »
After that, I used a little aircraft to fly around the KJFK airport and verify if the problem persists, but no problem at all. I think this could be related to resources exhausted in my PC

That seems likely: if it works normally with a default/smaller airplane it's probably just a case of too high settings, in combination with a memory-hungry airplane.

Unfortunately, as long the sim is 32 bit, regardless how powerful your system is, you are going to hit the 4GB per-process limitation, and the only solution will be lowering the settings, especially autogen and scenery radius.

mdelacruzperu

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 03:56:32 pm »
Thank you very much. By the way, I'm really happy with both products I bought from your business: New York JFK V2 & GSX Ground Services X, and, off course, your support. You're doing a great job.