Author Topic: Pushback Skip Nodes too close **SOLVED**  (Read 6558 times)

QFA1213

Pushback Skip Nodes too close **SOLVED**
« on: September 04, 2015, 11:25:23 pm »
Hi,

I know the issue pushback glitches at Orbx YMML and the other Orbx airports have come up a few times in the past on this forum.
I've looked at the AFCARD for the airport and the problem is that Orbx trying to smooth the turns for AI.

Is there any chance gsx can be designed to skip/bypass nodes that are too close together or lower the tug turn smoothing if this event occurs.

Thanks
Brendan
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 09:06:23 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback Skip Nodes too close
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 11:36:01 pm »
the problem is that Orbx trying to smooth the turns for AI.

Which is not very useful, since AI will do a smooth curve anyway, even if two taxiways cross at 90 degrees angle, the AI will never try to turn that way so, it's a wasted effort and, unless the taxiway has a very unusual path but, 99% of the times, the AFCADs that works best are the simplest one.

Is there any chance gsx can be designed to skip/bypass nodes that are too close together or lower the tug turn smoothing if this event occurs.

GSX already works like this, and won't consider redundant nodes, very close nodes, overlapping nodes, and lots of other foul things developers places in their sceneries, although sometimes their creativity exceed our wildest assumption, for example yesterday an user pointed me to an AFCAD for a freeware scenery, that had ALL its parkings not connected to *any* taxiway...)

In the Pushback, GSX never tries to use all the existing nodes. It will only find a *final* node to push to, but it will then follow a path which will be optimized and smoothed by itself.

Of course, I cannot guaranteed the already present strategy to filter redundant data would always work in any case so, please, try to indicate all the steps to reproduce the problem. including ALL the following informations

- The airplane used.

- The Gate used.

- The Pushback direction you chose.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 11:40:01 pm by virtuali »

QFA1213

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 12:14:07 am »
PMDG NGX (-800)
ORBX YMML (B & C) / YBBN (22, 25)
(I've customized pushback at both airport)
For testing i just pushed back from C1 (which has long been the worst gate) with my custom pushback to Release point T1 however the first bit should be identical to pushing Tail Right
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:54:03 am by QFA1213 »

Goofie31

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 12:12:14 pm »
Hi I have the same problem at ORBX YMML from all gates.

I used the I-fly 737NG from gate B23.
Pushback direction was nose right tail left. I also tried Nose left and tail right and same issue.

When gsx pushes back it doesn't even remotely follow the pushback lines to the taxiway, and looks like the aircraft is pushed back in different directions.

I will try and get photo's or video to post here and show you the issue.

Cheer's

Damian Doyle

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 02:47:31 pm »
PMDG NGX (-800)
ORBX YMML (B & C) / YBBN (22, 25)
(I've customized pushback at both airport)

You haven't said what the problem is.

For testing i just pushed back from C1 (which has long been the worst gate) with my custom pushback to Release point T1 however the first bit should be identical to pushing Tail Right

The coordinates of your custom pushback, please.

QFA1213

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 11:43:28 pm »
Sorry, I thought i was clearer in my post than i was.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3728DB247C7AE06A!3873&authkey=!AJ_d7sBKxLIPp-U&ithint=folder%2cini

That's my Melbourne file which is based of this: http://melbourneairport.com.au/for-business/onsite-at-melair/melbourne-airport-pushback-procedures.html

I made this a few months ago but not all the pushback disconnect points were set properly (The Q_ and P_ ones) and i haven't got around to fixing them yet but if you load into Bay C1 and do the pushback to Release point T0 the aircraft. The tugs flips and jumps and at one point it ends up pushing half the aircraft into the terminal.

http://i.imgur.com/YfPvVYW.jpg
That image is just after the tug flipped the right way and started pushing out of the building.

The actual problem is the same as this one http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5890.0 but the Gates Inbetween C & B are a lot worse just to the sharper turns.

Thank-you for following this up
Brendan
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 09:09:50 am by virtuali »

Goofie31

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 11:54:54 am »
Hi Brendan,

What program are you using to edit the AFCAD?

As I am having the same issue as you at most of my orbx airports, and are looking at getting it edited so the push back is happening correctly.

Kind Regards

Damian

NZEddy

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 09:58:58 am »
Some gates at YMML require the plane to be pushed then pulled to a tow bar disconnect point. If only GSX could do push and pull, that would be the icing on the cake.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:36:16 am by NZEddy »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 10:23:14 am »
We were able to reproduce the problem, so it's being worked on for a fix.

QFA1213

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 10:42:33 am »
Thank you so much ;D

Since i've got GSX (My first FSdreamteam product) i've been amazed by the responsiveness and dedication of the staff to all the threads i've seen that has made FSdreamteam standout. :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 09:06:07 am »
The problem has been fixed in the today's Update. If you have the latest GSX version (1.9.12 as of today) installed, you can apply it with Live Update, with no need to restart FSX.

QFA1213

Re: Pushback Skip Nodes too close **SOLVED**
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 12:47:13 pm »
I just installed the update through Liveupdate and the problem still occurs at Bay C1 (Havent tried others but i assume the same will occur). The aircraft has a different path but it still goes through walls and terminals with a lot of flipping.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f6/Qantas737pilot/2015-9-10_20-10-8-681_zpsxp6tij3o.png
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f6/Qantas737pilot/2015-9-10_20-11-19-717_zpse0kjjjuj.png
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 04:08:48 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2015, 04:09:12 pm »
Please check B23, and confirm the problem has been solved, so we'll know you have updated correctly.

QFA1213

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 08:48:39 am »
Just tried B23, Amazing how well it works. :D Now if your able to get C1 to work that would be amazing.

QFA1213

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2015, 10:02:17 am »
Just tested the update released yesterday at the Qantas/Jetstar Domestic terminal in YMML and it is almost perfect.

Working
B21, B23, B24
C3, C4, C6, C7, C8, C10
Glitching
B22
C1 (aircraft flips at very start), C2, C9, C11
Minor Errors
C12 (Works Left pushback doesnt align with taxiway)

Lots of the pushbacks go out onto the taxiway T/E, However the turns from R,Q,P on to T or E glitch (same problem with the AFCARD as the bays)

Thank you so much
Brendan

Edit: Still NGX used
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:05:35 am by QFA1213 »