Author Topic: Registrating GSX  (Read 3584 times)

flapsdown

Registrating GSX
« on: September 13, 2015, 12:49:52 pm »
GSX Registration
Hi Folks. I am having trouble registering my recently purchased GSX. At the moment I'm still getting the Trial Page open when I start GSX. I go to the Addon Manager and am told to select FSDream Team on the left hand column and Zurich on the right hand column, but as soon as I select Zurich the Register button becomes greyed out, so I cannot register the product. Please help.
Thank you.
John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Registrating GSX
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 05:08:58 pm »
I go to the Addon Manager and am told to select FSDream Team on the left hand column and Zurich on the right hand column, but as soon as I select Zurich the Register button becomes greyed out, so I cannot register the product.

Why you selected Zurich, if you want to activate GSX ?

Are you referring to the fsdt_install_guide.pdf, which has some screenshots that shows Zurich X as an example ?

But the paragraph *starts* with the explanation that Zurich was selected as an example, it's clear that, if you want to activate another product, you must select THAT one, otherwise, what would be the point having a list of products, if you always had to select Zurich ???

flapsdown

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 05:18:05 pm »
I go to the Addon Manager Register serial is active. Cloud9 and Orlando are blued out. I have FSDream Team version, so I select that and a longer list on the right appears with Chicago 'blued out and register serial active . If I click on 'Register Serial I get the attached message.
Don't know what to do, because if I select Zurich as I said in previous post 'Register Serial' is then greyed out.
John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 05:29:27 pm »
If I click on 'Register Serial I get the attached message.

Now your mistake is different, and the error message is quite clear: you selected O'Hare for activation, but you inserted a Serial Number that belongs to ZurichX.

- You wanted to activate GSX, but have selected Chicago O'Hare. Why ? If you want to activate GSX, you should select GSX, as I've said in my last message

- With O'Hare selected, you inserted your ZurichX serial number. That won't obviously work, and the error message couldn't be clearer

If you want to activate GSX, you must:

1) Select GSX for activation (not Zurich or O'Hare...)

2) Insert a GSX Serial Number, not a serial number for another product.

flapsdown

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 08:05:43 pm »
Hi again. Thanks for your time and patience. How do I register GSX please. Do I not register it from the addon manager? Going there only takes me to the previously mentioned situations.
Have I not bought GSX? Have I bought FS Dream Team Zurich, whatever that is? I only remember downloading GSX
GSX let me pay I notice.
John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 09:43:22 pm »
Thanks for your time and patience. How do I register GSX please.

As I've said:

If you want to activate GSX, you must:

1) Select GSX for activation (not Zurich or O'Hare...)

2) Insert a GSX Serial Number, not a serial number for another product.

Do I not register it from the addon manager?

That's the only place you have a "Register Serial" button...in fact, this explains perfectly why the "Register Serial" button for Zurich is greyed out: because it's already active, since the Integrated purchase method will automatically activate upon purchasing, without any need to insert the Serial Number.

I thought you already bought Zurich in the past, and were trying to activate GSX with its Serial for some reason, now I understand what error you made. Read on...

Have I not bought GSX? Have I bought FS Dream Team Zurich, whatever that is?

Maybe THIS IS THE PROBLEM!! you mistakenly bought Zurich, instead of GSX, so the only Serial Number you have it's for Zurich. So, the first mistake you did, was to select Zurich instead of GSX, when you made the purchase.

Exactly like the activation, where you must first say WHAT you want to activate, and THEN activate it, if you want to purchase something using the Addon Manager, you must first say WHAT you want to purchase, and THEN press the Buy button, how the program could possibly know what you wanted to Buy, if you don't tell it first ?

Of course, after you pressed the "Buy" button, the next screen would say "Welcome to the integrated purchase process for Fsdreamteam Zurich X", so you should have noticed that something might not be right, since you said you wanted to purchase GSX

And of course, while GSX is 39$, Zurich is 29$ so, maybe, when the confirmation page came out, you might have had another hint that you weren't ordering the correct product.

I only remember downloading GSX

You don't have to download something specific in order to be able to purchase it. Whenever you install ANY FSDT product, it will install the Addon Manager, which will allow you to purchase ANY FSDT product, regardless if it's already installed or not.

In any case, if you really wanted to buy GSX, we can exchange it for Zurich, I'll email you with instructions.

flapsdown

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 10:35:16 pm »
Thank you very much for your reply. I will await your instructions so that I can get the correct package. Of course if it is dearer, then I shall be happy to pay the extra cost.
I just went to the GSX page and downloaded GSX  for FSX/P3D. That was the only download I could see there. But I guess I screwed up during the 'buy' process huh?
Thanks again.
John

flapsdown

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 12:41:19 pm »
OK thank you. Much appreciated. I await your email.
John